silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

Why aren't you doing a 3D Editor? This looks amazing. I've always liked DAC, but this is awesome!

Hi and thanks:)

Yesterday we've played a simple DAC_Sector_Fight mission over around 3 hours and DAC worked quite well.

Greeting

Silola

This is not a DAC pic ;-)

ZasYxfY.jpg[/img]

Very good news Silola. Looking forward to seeing the finished product (or a beta) soon :)

Nice to hear that. Hope you will release at least the DAC soon^^ (Cant wait to build missions with it again :) )

Happy days!!! Love working with DAC in ArmA 2. Can not wait to work with this in ArmA 3.

Clicked through the video, amazing work so far! Your latest teaser pic too, smells like 3DE!

For reference I spotted you are spelling "Damage" as "Dammage" - should have one M..

OFP insider joke :D

Nice work as usual Silola

For reference I spotted you are spelling "Damage" as "Dammage" - should have one M..

Fun fact and a possible reason for this "professional deformity" and a nostalgia trip. :p

Way back in very early OFP versions (<= 1.46), only commands that dealt with damage were misspelled, you can still find them on the biki. getDammage and setDammage.

Later on damage and setDamage were added, but you can still use the misspelled versions even in Arma 3.

EDIT: Damnit, didn't notice Burns' post. :rolleyes:

No idea if they are accepting testers but Zeus Community does the work... look for Valery on here or Magoo on their TS server (I think this is accurate please correct me if I'm wrong!!)

I think you all will see when it´s ready ;-) ---> (including SavageCDN)

Hi,

currently I am working on the conversion of all 33 DAC tutorial missions.

Special thanks goes to MCPXXL for support :p

Silola

8lJDxqh.jpg[/img]

Yes thank you immensely for updating DAC for Arma 3. It's one of the main reasons I still play mostly Arma 2.

This is genius, Look forward to being able to use DAC again, it was part of the woodwork in A2.

Thanks Silola, love the script, my favourite by a long stretch!!

Edited by ringoray

Master Silola,

Will there be a DAC as a module?

Compatible with ALive is DAC?

If so, I will get an overdose!

:computer::rthumb:

Compatible with ALive is DAC?

That would be awesome!!

hm. what parts of ALive though? isn't ALive doing a lot of the same? like caching and stuff. wouldn't that interfere? just curious.

Yeah different kind of caching... I don't know nearly enough to say either way... would be great to do object generation and customizing force composition using DAC and link it to ALiVE's caching and persistence system.

But yeah maybe there aren't enough benefits to justify the amount of work that would be involved.

But yeah maybe there aren't enough benefits to justify the amount of work that would be involved.

This!

It's like cutting a Porsche and a Camaro in half and then welding the front of the Camaro on the back of the Porsche ... you could do it, but it really makes no sense. And DAC caching is doing a very decent job, at least in my humble opinion.

Please look on topic ALIVE related requests should be discussed after the release of DAC

Edited by MCPXXL

This!

It's like cutting a Porsche and a Camaro in half and then welding the front of the Camaro on the back of the Porsche ... you could do it, but it really makes no sense. And DAC caching is doing a very decent job, at least in my humble opinion.

I think I agree here that they both do great jobs at very different things. Alive does a lot of simulated movement and combat whereas DAC does actual movement and actual combat.

I've had DAC work really well with 100's if not 1000's of AI placed thoughout Fallujah. I also like the fact that you can control DAC units much more precisely than Alive.

I also used to mod a version of Domination in Arma2 with DAC because I found that Domination missions were mostly boring since there were only ever enemies at the AO. There was never any tense action or having to be alert on your way to the AO. I changed that with DAC in that units could be anywhere on the map. Made Domination a lot better in my opinion.

I found that Domination missions were mostly boring since there were only ever enemies at the AO. There was never any tense action or having to be alert on your way to the AO. I changed that with DAC in that units could be anywhere on the map. Made Domination a lot better in my opinion.

There's not one single coop mission right now that won't benefit from AI enhancement scripts, too bad most mission makers think otherwise, stock AI turns into sitting ducks when compared to script controlled squads like DAC/UPS/UPSMON etc.

Most of the time they're even sitting there in aware behavior, wedge formation waiting to be shot...