silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

So looking forward to think. Extremely impressive. Tho knowing your work I wouldn't expect anything less.

Keep it up my friend!

With X-cam, does this mean that I can place plants in a mission (ie: place any plant and have that plant appear in a mission)?

Because I have been unable to get plants to work in missions because I hear you have to do config shit and I have no clue about that.

Hi and thanks all :)

With the X-Cam you can place every available object and store the result in a script or visitor file.

But with plants there is a restriction (if created by script file): The objects show no animation, e.g. the movement in the wind.

Maybe I should post other videos that show more possibilities ?

Silola

Post everything you are able to Silola! What you have here is amazing.

Hi,

the third part of the demonstration is online:

We need more objects ;-)

Silola

Silola, this is amazing. I especially LOVED the stadium type object you were able to make.

Do you have a 'fill space' function? For instance you have a outline of a square and then with one click it fills the area inside that square?

Really excited about this, and can't wait for release!

i cant wait til release this will be one of the best tools ever created for arma and it will be powerfull even without zues

jeah we need really more modular objects when your tool is giong to be released

inside VR will be this tool is priceless

keep your work up

ps can we edit existing objects (remove grass/trees, delete objects)

Edited by SaltatorMortis

Hi

@Kremator

As i know there are no polygonfunctions like in VBEDIT (VBS)

@SaltatorMortis

Also as i know there is no function planned like this

so am I right when I say this is going to be a much easier way to position objects in the world? currently I'm using GID Object Positioning System, which is a script and you have to click buttons individually just to rotate objects, but this would revolutionize mission editing for me if i want to furnish a house or make bases etc.

edit: Never mind, read through and saw that it stores the object as a script file (X-Cam). I really need that, so I can't wait for release. Thank you so much

Edited by GDent

This is looking amazing.

Someone should make a construction object pack, with like individual bricks and plaster walls and such to use with something like this.

That sounds like a good idea....:cool:

I think if I was a BIS developer or team responsible for the in-game editor I would quit now. This is 1000's of times better than anything editor wise that has come out of BIS. How can that be??!!!

If there was a quality 3D editor offered as DLC, I would pay for it. But, maybe I need a "Go Cart" instead.

I see what you did there! Nothing gets past you.

MOAR videos please Silola!

after seeing X-Cam there's no way I'll make missions without positioning objects with that. I'm actually waiting for it to come out before I start making extended bases and things

Yeah same.

I hope it comes out soon enough so I can make a rhs russian forces mod ukraine campaign for coop on Bystrica or something.

This is like, beyond amazing for mission makers.

Will it also be to position individual units? i.e. Place soldier on roof, prone?

@TwoDogs

I think it´s like 3DE in the past, so

empty vehicles yes

vehicles with AI no

soldiers no

Hi,

many thanks for your nice comments :)

I think it's time to clarify some things about the X-Cam.

The X-Cam is not any kind of a mission tool or editor.

In theory, a 3D Missions editor would be possible, but that would take too much time, and I did not have this time.

With the X-Cam you can on the one side observe your units in a mission or perform manipulations and influence the units and groups.

This part of the X-Cam is still work in progress and I do not know exactly how much work I can and should invest there.

Secondly, you can place with the X-Cam any available object on a map.

There are different methods and functions to place and copy objects.

Some of them I have already shown in the videos.

The objects are stored in projects. These projects can always be reloaded to expand or simply change them.

From each project you can generate a script file for use within a mission, for example.

The other possibility is to generate an import file for the terrain builder.

To achieve the maximum creativity when working with the X-Cam, I've first extracted most of the objects

from the "AllInArmaTerrainPack" (many thx to .kju for this wonderful work).

From this database, I've then generated a config file with round about 5.000 objects (Arma 1 + 2).

With this large X-Cam object library you have maximum opportunities to combine objects and

create unique object constellations for your mission or your terrain.

The next step will be to create a kind of prototype map, where we can try out exactly these possibilities.

This phase will also help me to find bugs in the X-Cam, to expand or optimize functions,

and to customize and clean up the X-Cam Object Library (for this I need some help maybe:-/ )

The goal is to create this prototype map with a minimum of time, but with a high level of detail.

The plan is to completely create the map with the X-Cam (except roads), and with several people simultaneously.

I only hope it all works :-(

I use two different methods to load, save and create data:

To load and save projects, favorites and prefabs data, I use "iniDBI" (Author: code34)

To generate scripts and TerrainBuilder files, I use "debug_console.dll" (Author: KillZoneKid)

I mention the authors here, because without them the X-Cam would not exist. Thank you !!

To imagine what extent the library has, I have prepared a little video:

I also have a small question:

With the roads I noticed that some end segments have a wrong orientation (see Fig.)

Is it possible to fix this error? I don't know how, but maybe .kju is the right man for the problem, because these roads came from the "AllInArmaTerrainPack" ;-)

fTvLnjk.jpg[/img]

Greeting

Silola

What I used to do was go in Zeus, place stuff (not units)

And save with mcc ( into a sqm) , open sqm in editor and place the units in editor afterward,

Can this serve that purpose? I believe so but I'm not sure.

Also, if I import the objects placement script into mission sqm, will objects show in editor (icons and such?)

Silola, I know you say that it's not any kind of mission tool, but the ability to place objects and save them as a script file for use in a mission is exactly what I've needed for a long time. I just need a way to place objects to make it easier to furnish buildings and create bases for my missions, and it seems this tool is (possibly inadvertently) exactly what I've wanted.

So for whatever it is, thank you for your hard work. I can't wait to try it out.

Ahh sorry didnt noticed, you have A2 buildings on video :) Nice progress anyway.