If you do change it so it it only reads the settings file if file patching is off, can you set ASR AI to not have AI enter buildings or man emtey vehicles by default? Currently we have to always turn those settings off because it interferes with missions, especially ones where one of the objectives is 'capture empty guarded vehicle X'

I don't mean to keep harping on this but adding -filePatching to my launch options is not removing the "Script\userconfig\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found" error. What am I missing?

I haven't even tried adding the line on my server yet. This is just trying to launch my client to get into the editor:

I don't mean to keep harping on this but adding -filePatching to my launch options is not removing the "Script\userconfig\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found" error. What am I missing?

I haven't even tried adding the line on my server yet. This is just trying to launch my client to get into the editor:

if you jumble up the words in your post then you have solved it yourself!

" I am missing Script\userconfig\asr_ai3_settings.sqf "

u musnt have installed the userconfig folder correctly...

The error is server-side, client changes will not fix it, read few posts up and you'll see.

I would only support mission settings (either init.sqf or description.ext) and maybe add a module, but that's probably just me.

Either way, what would be nice is to add compatibility of ASR AI 3 without userconfig present, currently if you don't have it present it will error, would be nice if it would just assume defaults.

A mission module would be great! Makes configuring your mission settings much more comfortable.

if you jumble up the words in your post then you have solved it yourself!" I am missing Script\userconfig\asr_ai3_settings.sqf "u musnt have installed the userconfig folder correctly...

I have it installed like every other mod with a userconfig file. I just download the mod, throw the @folder in my root, and place the userconfig file in my userconfig folder. I'm not new to this. What kind of mess up on my end would cause this kind of error?

The error is server-side, client changes will not fix it, read few posts up and you'll see.

But I'm not running my server at all. Just launching the game normally with ASR in the mod line. How can I have a server side error when I haven't run my server? I'm only running my client so I can access the editor when I get this error.

I have it installed like every other mod with a userconfig file. I just download the mod, throw the @folder in my root, and place the userconfig file in my userconfig folder. I'm not new to this. What kind of mess up on my end would cause this kind of error?

But I'm not running my server at all. Just launching the game normally with ASR in the mod line. How can I have a server side error when I haven't run my server? I'm only running my client so I can access the editor when I get this error.

This is already covered by first post:

Q: Where do I put all these files ?

A: Add the @ASR_AI3 dir to your mod collection (directory of choice, can be main Arma 3 dir or another place you load mods from); The userconfig files should always be placed into <main Arma 3 dir>\userconfig\asr_ai3\; The bikey file is required only for hosting a MP game, goes into <main Arma 3 dir>\keys. Always make sure to do a clean install, removing any files from previous versions.

Q: Why are there 2 files in userconfig ? Do I need them ?

A: In MP, the configuration is loaded on the server into a public variable and sent to all connecting clients so that server settings are always enforced. Some settings are only applicable on servers so they were split into a separate file (ends with _ss - server side) because it would be a waste of traffic to send those to clients that don't need them. All these files are required for servers and single player games.

Q: I just updated to 1.54 and am receiving a 'Script \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found' error on launch.

A: Launch the game with file patching enabled (tick the option in the official launcher or add -filePatching to command line parameters). This is only required in single player or on servers (not required on clients connecting to a multiplayer game).

Is your ASR userconfig FILE in an ASR FOLDER within your userconfig FOLDER or did you just dump the ASR userconfig FILE into the userconfig FOLDER?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your ASR userconfig FILE in an ASR FOLDER within your userconfig FOLDER or did you just dump the ASR userconfig FILE into the userconfig FOLDER?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed the userconfig here:

ARMA3/Userconfig/ASR_AI3/*here*

That's correct, isn't it? That's what Robalo's post above seems to imply and I've been using this since late Spring with no issues until 1.54. Have I been doing it wrong this entire time and just not known it?

I'm getting on my server Warning Message: Addon 'asr_ai3_main' requires addon 'A3_Characters_F_Mark' ? Is that a problem that was introduced in the official Arma 3 hotfix that was released a couple of hours ago? Nothing else changed.

Edit: If anyone else getting that, the "mark" DLC was missing after the hotfix.

I placed the userconfig here:

ARMA3/Userconfig/ASR_AI3/*here*

That's correct, isn't it? That's what Robalo's post above seems to imply and I've been using this since late Spring with no issues until 1.54. Have I been doing it wrong this entire time and just not known it?

Same issue here, I am pretty sure it worked a few weeks ago.

Q: I just updated to 1.54 and am receiving a 'Script \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found' error on launch.

A: Launch the game with file patching enabled (tick the option in the official launcher or add -filePatching to command line parameters). This is only required in single player or on servers (not required on clients connecting to a multiplayer game).

Hey, Robalo!

I've noticed with and without ASR AI in 1.54, and perhaps even in earlier versions, the AI do not engage vehicles like the NATO Hunter and the AAF Strider with small arms. Is there anything I can modify in the settings to make them do that?

Edit: I made a ticket on the issue tracker and a demonstration video, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for BI at the moment.

Robalo,

will File patching be a temporary fix or is this going to be required for your ASR for the foreseeable future?

• Like 1

Hi all. Could someone show how to configure "asr_ai3_settings_ss" file correctly, so OPF_F faction aims really badly ?  I'm a bit confused how to do it.

It seems like userconfig folder is not loading with asr_ai mod at all. I just loaded arma 3 with asr_ai mod but without userconfig folder in arma 3 directory. No error pops up. strange...

My conclusions are:

1. The mod works.

2. General, aiming, spotting parametres does not work.

3. No matters what skill is chosen AIs shoot down target after 6-8  shots - this is BI Arma 3 regular settings.

4. Mod AI skill parameters are overwritten by BI Arma 3 setteings.

Any help ?

Hey, Robalo!

I've noticed with and without ASR AI in 1.54, and perhaps even in earlier versions, the AI do not engage vehicles like the NATO Hunter and the AAF Strider with small arms. Is there anything I can modify in the settings to make them do that?

Edit: I made a ticket on the issue tracker and a demonstration video, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for BI at the moment.

Thanks for creating the BIS issue report, up-voted it.

My conclusions are:

1. The mod works.

2. General, aiming, spotting parametres does not work.

3. No matters what skill is chosen AIs shoot down target after 6-8  shots - this is BI Arma 3 regular settings.

4. Mod AI skill parameters are overwritten by BI Arma 3 setteings.

Yeah wasn't sure until now if anybody was actually confirming whether the mod was still working despite the obvious errors. I made a simple map with a control, i.e. CSAT troops with no AI bending mods. They behaved as you would expect, they remained prone and did not move as if my bullets did not matter.

Upon loading ASR_AI3 in its current state, the same thing occured, i.e. no difference between control and mod loaded.

More testing required I think before I need to remove ASR_AI3 temporarily. If this is the case, what do ppl think of FFIS as a stop gap?

I also noticed a realy bad AI aiming since 1.54, disabling ASRAI skills in the userconfig does the trick without loosing the other features. I hope Robalo will find some time to look at his mod.

I also noticed a realy bad AI aiming since 1.54, disabling ASRAI skills in the userconfig does the trick without loosing the other features. I hope Robalo will find some time to look at his mod.

I would have to agree that the AI are worse shots since the 1.54 update, however, I cannot say wether its the update itself or the combination of the updates from ACE as well. 

However, I have bumped my AI Precision from 0.5 to 0.6. 

this has resulted in the same long firefights and some nice gameplay. I may bump it up to 0.62 or 0.64 just to see.. as they were a LIL too bad of shots.. so a few hundreds more may do the trick for their precision. 

I would have to agree that the AI are worse shots since the 1.54 update, however, I cannot say wether its the update itself or the combination of the updates from ACE as well. 

However, I have bumped my AI Precision from 0.5 to 0.6. 

this has resulted in the same long firefights and some nice gameplay. I may bump it up to 0.62 or 0.64 just to see.. as they were a LIL too bad of shots.. so a few hundreds more may do the trick for their precision. 

On our side, PrecisionAI was already at 0.8 so I tried to push the aiming values in the userconfig but with poor results

Hi Robalo

May I suggest an edit of the first post indicating to everybody the status of this mod? I'm sure me, like others would be happy with just about any information as long as it was easy to get to and understand. Just thought the first post would be the best place to put it?

Hey guys,

I have a question. This weekend we started using ASR again. We play with some mods can anybody confirm me that they are not conflicting? I'm speaking of:

- ACE

- Alive

- MCC

- RHS

Speaking of RHS. Do I have to set the units used up in the server side userconfig file? Or will default be used when the units are not listed in that file?

Many Greetings

Moony

I just bump that here. 

The reason I ask is, that the AI can hit precise as SH*T even over 400 Meters through a forest they spot us and are pretty precise! I only had the opportunity to test it with RHS so far!

Can I adjust that somehow?

Many Greetings

Moony

• Like 1

I just bump that here. 

The reason I ask is, that the AI can hit precise as SH*T even over 400 Meters through a forest they spot us and are pretty precise! I only had the opportunity to test it with RHS so far!

Can I adjust that somehow?

Many Greetings

Moony

Learn to duck :) . Seriously though, how would you think things would go if the said AI where other players? Players don't miss the way you want AI to miss. Redesign your missions to realistic numbers, and be aware many objects in non-official maps are not configured properly to block AI view.

May I suggest an edit of the first post indicating to everybody the status of this mod? I'm sure me, like others would be happy with just about any information as long as it was easy to get to and understand. Just thought the first post would be the best place to put it?

In Robalo we trust!

Trust me too in Robalo.

Meanwhile I've a question for him again for this "filepatching"option.

We have a strange situation where old clan members can run in their clients the asr mod without any kinf of problem about the asr_settings.

The new ones (at least from last Arma3 patch) can run ASR when they play with us.

I've tried to suggest to the new member the "filepatching" option but it no works and in out clan we have a Nitrado gameserver that doesn't permit to set the filepatching as run option.

So, at the moment, the only solution I've found is to don't run ASR on client. Has this any kind of contraindications?

I hope not and I'll wait for a more robust solution.

Thanks in advance.