.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Partyzant_PL compare with friends sequential connecting mods

Dear All,

I have liaised with, Col. Stagler, whom has made an original coop mission pack for IFL:44 and he has given me permission to convert and upgrade these to IFA3.

I have made a start with the SP/Coop mission, IFA3 CO10 Blood and Honor, which I have released on my steam workshop. (See below)

Summary

The conversion to IFA3, included the following additions:

I have put in new versions of the F3 mission framework;

Added in a IFA3 German Forces only limited Virtual Arsenal Crate;

Added CH View Distance Script by champ-1;

Increased performance significantly by implementing ZBE_Cache AI & Vehicle caching by zorrobyte;

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII by Cool=Azroul13

Revive script. In particular I have used PsychoBastard's Arma Injury System (AIS) which allows any player and AI to revive a player if they are not too badly injured to be fatal;

In the mission start-up parameters the mission admin can choose mission parameters e.g time of day, weather, AI skill, also choose from 3 different radio TS3 plugin systems:

Radio options include:

Default BIS; TFAR; ACRE; ACRE2

Mission admin, can from the briefing screen, choose a range of Zeus options if needed. This utilses the F3 Zeus Support component which is a collection of functions that make it easier for advanced users to designate themselves, or any player, as curator ("Zeus") using the debug console.

Download

I am happy for these following mission links and the mission downloads to be held on other websites.

If you wish to download this mission please see details below:

Chief's SP/MP Coop Server Friendly Missions on Steamworkshop

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007165943/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

IFA3 CO10 Blood and Honor

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444464212

I will continue to convert more of Col.Stagler's IFL44 mission pack over the coming months.

Hope you like it and enjoy.

Chief

Hi,

I can not start IR with ace, freezes, any ideas?

In regards to the problems presented by Kyle_K_ski a few pages back, I'd just like to note that we can confirm three more cases of strange grenade behavior happening for two friends and myself. Between the three of us playing together, we used various installation methods - converting based on a Steam installation with PWS, converting with PWS based on a properly patched disk version, converting manually based on a properly based disk version. The user who had converted from the disk version using PWS also tried doing it manually, resulting in the same outcome. Only WW2 grenades work properly, even if thrown by modern units. Likewise, modern grenades immediately drop to the ground even if thrown by IF units. This problem happens even when only the absolutely essential mods needed to run IF are installed. We've checked very carefully to follow the installation guide, so I think it's unlikely that the issue is a faulty installation. Problem happens both when we try to play together as well as when trying to throw grenades in SP.

The error can of course be avoided by deactivating IFA3 while playing modern scenarios, but on the off chance that one does want to mix assets (or simply wants to avoid having to restart the game between playing different missions), that's of course not possible.

Anyway, just wanted to confirm that other people are also having this issue. Thanks for maintaining this mod!

Edited by Trout

Anyone known whether anybody has already done domination or evo on IFA3 ?

Yup but satchels are broken since last patch. There are a couple of servers running with similar or a ported version of and old domination.

Do a search for Iron front servers and you will find them.

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me... followed all info supplied regarding install of IF to arma3 and had it working ok at IronFront version 1.12 and DLC AT 1.07 in "editor", then I updated to the next patch

which brings the game to Iron front version 1.13 and DLC 1.08 and I start to have issue's, I can open a map in editor..place down a unit but then !!, I receive this..ca\Data\ParticlesEffects\SCRIPTS\init.sqf, also IF requires addon

AiA Effects ? which I have AiA (All in Arma) installed.

If anyone could give me some tips that would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Quick question, is there anyway I can used Iron Front to just get the units, vehicles and weapons?

You would still need to convert your Iron front to work as a mod in Arma3 anyways, but tbh IFA3 for what your asking is to much involved to just grab only a few things,

to many files to go through to narrow, your best bet is just setup if you have not done so already IFA3 and you'll have everything but as said in order to get what

your asking you 1st need to convert your Iron front so that it can be read in Arma3, then too you need the required mods to even run it.

how do this ?

Just compare the files, and make sure you all are running the same mods, and versions, patched, ect,.

You mean IF, and ACE is only Alpha i believe, probably not compatible either, Iron front has its own system for things, thing is what parts of ACE (Features)

are you trying to use while running IFA3?

Also post your Rpt as the rpt will list files, and any errors that could be occurring.

I'd just like to note that we can confirm three more cases of strange grenade behavior happening for two friends and myself.

Cannot confirm it myself, I have no such issues, but as i told Kyle_K_ski too, best report it on the tracker---> http://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/issues

review to see its not already reported then report it.

Hi Dogone,

your issue is your using the wrong mod/s, see my IFA3 tutorial here

Do a quick review and check what you have to make sure you have all the correct files, you dont need AIA you need IFA3SA.

What's your load order? It should be exactly as i listed at the bottom of the tutorial there.

Hi,

As for using ACE3 with IFA3, it works for me without issues. Are you using the latest version?

Cannot confirm it myself, I have no such issues, but as i told Kyle_K_ski too, best report it on the tracker---> http://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-...tracker/issues

Thanks for the feedback, I've created a ticket and attached a video showing the problem after confirming that the issue isn't on the tracker yet. Perhaps you could also contribute your observations, Kyle_K_ski? Maybe the issue can be singled out that way.

You would still need to convert your Iron front to work as a mod in Arma3 anyways, but tbh IFA3 for what your asking is to much involved to just grab only a few things,

to many files to go through to narrow, your best bet is just setup if you have not done so already IFA3 and you'll have everything but as said in order to get what

your asking you 1st need to convert your Iron front so that it can be read in Arma3, then too you need the required mods to even run it.

Just compare the files, and make sure you all are running the same mods, and versions, patched, ect,.

You mean IF, and ACE is only Alpha i believe, probably not compatible either, Iron front has its own system for things, thing is what parts of ACE (Features)

are you trying to use while running IFA3?

Also post your Rpt as the rpt will list files, and any errors that could be occurring.

Cannot confirm it myself, I have no such issues, but as i told Kyle_K_ski too, best report it on the tracker---> http://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/issues

Hi Dogone,

Do a quick review and check what you have to make sure you have all the correct files, you dont need AIA you need IFA3SA.

What's your load order? It should be exactly as i listed at the bottom of the tutorial there.

As for using ACE3 with IFA3, it works for me without issues. Are you using the latest version?

Thanks for the feedback, I've created a ticket and attached a video showing the problem after confirming that the issue isn't on the tracker yet. Perhaps you could also contribute your observations, Kyle_K_ski? Maybe the issue can be singled out that way.

Hi,

I used the alpha version, I will try to last and comment.

Thanks for support!

edit: It works perfectly! thx

Edited by pit_1

Hi Dogone,

@Gunter... thank you my friend it was my load order, all is working at the moment.

Your a champion Gunter !! thank you :thumb:

still worked on by Lennard

Shame about the no recoil thing, just as we were thinking about having another Iron Front event for the group.

At the same time I tested the Iron Front mod again noticed that tossing vanilla grenades just drops them to the ground. Tossing Iron Front grenades works fine, only the issue is that the fragmentation they cause really halts performance in multiplayer environments, which is why I wanted to try using vanilla Arma grenades instead.

It works, i got it till like the 2nd patches, (downloaded the compelte files of somewhere), and it works, but the finall patches I can't seem to get iut installed. Keeps syaing that IFA or arma 3 whatsoever not installed on my pc or so.

Having this problem with every patch i try to execute from: http://www.missionrepository.com/ifa3-patches

But they all give errors when trying to install the patch.

I got the mod itself to 1.12 and the DLC to 1.07 (not the newer once as described 1.13 and 1.08), mainly because I had a friend of mine upload those complete mods on his repo for me.

I tried having IF, A2, A2 OA and A3 all installed, put .exe in the directories etc. nothing seems to be able to update the mod for me.

Edited by Diephuis

All the patches listed/linked on the MR are from here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180218-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-community-patches-%28Arma-version-only

I just downloaded them all and reuploaded them to my site, you could try directly from the linked page and see if anything changes,

im highly doubting any of the patches on the MR are corrupted, your trouble may be due to something else Idk, Kju could tell you what the reason is.

mainly because I had a friend of mine upload those complete mods on his repo for me.

What mods specifically?

I have just reinstalled arma 2:co and the DLC again on steam. With it I decided to install IFL:44 Gold Edition off steam. Then I followed the instructions from these 2 threads:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-a-mod-in-arma2co-setup-installation-6998339?pid=1286625192#post1286625192

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180218-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-community-patches-%28Arma-version-only

All went well following these instructions and now I have IF in Arma 2:CO. Plus now I am running it with all my favourite mods for arma 2.

I just posted here to say that there is nothing wrong with either the patches or the conversion process.

Hope this helps.

;2944838']So new patch should be coming some time this week.

Hallelujah! That's great news, thanks for the update.

I'm thrilled to hear that there's a patch coming soon. SUPERB!

I'm also happy to see that I wasn't the only person experiencing the non-IF grenades "sudden drop" bug. Trout's reported it too, and without any other mods running as well. I hope that this bug's addressed in the patch, as I'd LOVE to use the IF maps with modernized units that don't have to use WWII era grenades.

Another bug that I've encountered occurs after I place IF structures in a non-IF map. This bug does NOT appear in the Editor until AFTER the map (with the IF buildings placed) is reloaded. There's a graphical glitch that's hard to describe. It looks almost as if the mesh is being severely stretched onto a very thin horizontal plane, that stretches from one side of the monitor to the other. If one is looking at the building, centered with it horizontally, this graphical glitch is difficult to detect, but if one reduces one's viewing position to be lower than this glitch's plane, one can clearly see it, and the same thing occurs if one elevates one's viewpoint to be above its "horizontal center."

It frustrates me that these buildings produce these glitches if they're spawned on other maps. It would be terrific if this phenomenon could be eliminated altogether.

Thanks again for all of the hard work, and the dedication to getting rid of the bugs and glitches.

Have memory points been setup for bipods/weapon deployment? if not i'll create a ticket for that