.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Got real problems with this myself, would love to play but it won't update whatever I try, given up on this until a simpleton's version of installation comes out I think.

You use PW6, or did the manual way?

Did you meet the requirements?

So assuming you have IFA3 installed and running your issue is just patching?

Do you get any messages from a failed patching attempt, cant help you if you are not specific, or dont have any details to what your problem is exactly,

if its PW6 i cant really help you, you'll need to contact support for PW6, manual however we can help you here.

Did the following Iron Front in Arma 3 manual install:

1. Iron Front installed and patched to 1.05 - CHECK OK

2. Iron Front: D-Day 1944 DLC is optional - CHECK OK

3. Download IFA3SA 2014 09 29 and extract the @IFA3SA modfolder to your Arma 3 game folder - CHECK OK

4. Download the latest CBA A3 version and extract @CBA_A3 to your Arma 3 game folder - CHECK OK

5. Download the latest @IFA3_2014_XX_XX.7z from the files section and extract @IFA3 to your Arma 3 game folder - CHECK OK

Convert games files to the mod version

1. Download IronFrontArmaConversion_YYYY_MM_DD.7z from the files section and extract it to your desktop - CHECK OK

2. Install the conversion tool and run the tool, set the path for A2 and OA to your A3 directory, hit Create IF Arma button and wait for conversion to complete - CHECK OK

Patch the mod

1. Download IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.12.exe

2. Run the 1.12 full patch - CHECK: "Iron Front for Arma 3 patch is not installed on your Computer or the installed version is corrupted"

3. Download IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.12-1.13.exe

4. Run the 1.13 incremental patch - CHECK: "Iron Front for Arma 3 patch is not installed on your Computer or the installed version is corrupted"

5. If you have the DLC also download IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.07.exe (Steam or Digital)

6. Run the DLC 1.07 full patch - CHECK: "Iron Front for Arma 3 patch is not installed on your Computer or the installed version is corrupted"

7. If you have the DLC also download IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.07-1.08.exe

8. Run the DLC 1.08 incremental patch - CHECK: "Iron Front for Arma 3 patch is not installed on your Computer or the installed version is corrupted"

Q: The A3 patches does not detect the game folder?

A: Try moving the patch exe directly into the A3 game folder before launching it - CHECK: "Iron Front for Arma 3 patch is not installed on your Computer or the installed version is corrupted"

Q: The patch still cant find it - what now?

1. Move the patch exe into the A3 game folder.

2. Make sure the modfolders (@IF / @LIB_DLC_1) are in the A3 game folder as well.

3. Unzip the IronFront_*_CommunityPatch_1.xx-1.xx.exe until the exe has a*blueish icon* (use 7z/winzip/winrar/etc).

4. Create a shortcut to the exe and add it as parameter) (or use command line (win+R)).

5. Launch it with -incurrentfolder parameter - CHECK: "Iron Front for Arma 3 patch is not installed on your Computer or the installed version is corrupted"

--> patching impossible for me

Start info

arma3.exe "-mod=@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3" (in steam as a command line)

--> error Messages during stat-up

Addon "AiA_infantry_IF" requires addon "LIB_sov_characters"

--> error Messages in main menu

No entry "bin\config.bin/.../throw.lib_rpg6Muzzle"

and 2 other error Messages

IF Campaign: The menu has invisible entries, and if i start a Mission Arma3 stalls/crashes

When you Unzip the IronFront_*_CommunityPatch_1.xx-1.xx.exe until the exe has a*blueish icon* (use 7z/winzip/winrar/etc), where does the exe end up? IIRC it needs to be in the A3 game root, not in a folder below it (as some zip utilities might do by default).

@ Günter & Defunkt: Thx guys :yay:

...for pinpointing the community patches location within the ARMA 3 folder. Although i am sure I tried that, I gave that a whirl and BINGO! Shortcut & unzipped EXE need to be in the Arma 3 folder.

All the community patches installed, no errors anymore during start-up.

Menus look ok and the single player campaigns seem to work now.

BUT, starting any scenario...and my PC at least stalls...sometimes even completely freezes (16GB RAM, Win8.1 64bit).

Great to read, but thought you had already moved the patches to the main directory, non the less happy for you.

As for your freezes what cpu and graphics card you running? With 16gb of ram I got to assume they are both pretty decent, unless you have

your graphics maxed or higher then they should be. Consider your still playing Arma3 if that gives you trouble the mod can only add to it, unless its a win8 issue, have no idea.

Now that you have IFA3 all setup head over to my website and grab some sounds mods for the game, and a little addon I put together if your interested:

http://www.missionrepository.com/

theres also some missions for IFA3 too.

In the spring I plan on releasing a WarMod version for IFA3 like my IFWarMod was for IFA2

(arma2CO Iron front), so keep an eye out for that ;)

In the spring I plan on releasing a WarMod version for IFA3 like my IFWarMod was for IFA2

Sweet! Can't wait for this.

Thanks again Gunter for all you do, it is appreciated by a lot of people.

Now that you have IFA3 all setup head over to my website and grab some sounds mods for the game, and a little addon I put together if your interested:

http://www.missionrepository.com/

theres also some missions for IFA3 too.

That's ÃœBER :notworthy:

It would have been nice if the A3 mod kept Awar's death animations and flying helmets. The improved "rag-dolls" don't cut it when it comes to immersion.

Edited by Santa Six

How do i download this?? do i have to pay?? ive been locking for a WWII mod to Arma 3 for so long! and when i find one then i cant play it?? :yay::yay:

Hello Titzon welcome to Bis forums and the IFA3 official thread!

You need to meet the requirements of the mod in order to play with it, the mod is not something you can just download,

there is a conversion process involved that requires certain files.

The mod is called Iron Front: Liberation 1944 in Arma3 or IFA3.

You will want to understand how this "mod" works in Arma3 read this FAQ I had put together it has

questions and answers to them as well as other information:

here: LINK

So first thing is first you need the following in order to play with the mod:

Prerequisites

1. You need the game Iron Front: Liberation 1944

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/where-to-buy-6264399?pid=1277354942#post1277354942 (resource page of where you can buy it)

or assuming you have Arma3 already which is on steam buy the game on steam LINK

2. Once you have the game (if through steam it will be patched to the latest required version for the mod which is v1.05)

3. DLC is optional

4. Manual installation of the mod (once you have the game)

=================

Information on Iron front: Liberation 1944 - About the game

==============

It would have been nice if the A3 mod kept Awar's death animations and flying helmets. The improved "rag-dolls" don't cut it when it comes to immersion.

Dont think that woud be possible as Arma2CO had a static character which allowed the manipulation of animations, whereas ragdoll is nonstatic, i can ask in the IFA3 group what the guys think, but I realyl cant see it working other than maybe getting the soldier to lose his helmet, they already lose their gun with ragdoll, Idk Santa dont think its possible.

@rowdied and X AL

Thank you fellas for the interest and appreciation, lots to do yet but I will make an announcement

on the Iron Front Fan Forums sometime this month about the mod.

Edited by Günter Severloh

Just got this up and running kind of allot of setup but cool mod I have been waiting for a WW2 mod for A3 and stumbled across this great work guys. So now that I have the mod where are all the multiplayer servers is there a list of some running the mod?

where are all the multiplayer servers is there a list of some running the mod?

That would be nice to know

Review this section of the IF Fan Forums for player groups, servers, ect,. Lots of threads, and a number of servers that are running the mod.

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=284524

Also for missions and mods check out the MR Link in my sig ;) or click on the Mission Repository banner on the forums.

Thanks for the info some good stuff on that website. But still have not found a Arma 3 server running this mod the IP's on that site I tried the servers are not up do you know a A3 server that is up and running? I have 2 A3 servers I rent for my Unit and wouldn't mind running one with the mod what would I have to upload to the server just the converted files or is there some other things as well? Thanks

Welcome. Have no idea about the servers i dont play mp for Iron front, im a editor most times, and I play coop just for Arma3 in a blue moon,

but what I'd suggest is posting a reply to one of the threads about IFA3 there and see if you get a response, i think those servers that are listed are on only at certain times, idk.

For your server question,basically I would think you will need all the files (mods) on the server as you have in your Arma3 directory pertaining to IFa3, then setup the

command line with the same order ect,. as you would your own game for sp.

i admined several servers in the past years since 2007 and mod wise thats standard procedure to just mimic your own game setup, for Arma3 which I had a few months ago not anymore its the same thing, just put the mods on the server you want to run and add it to your command line. What I do suggest though is to have a simple mission you can test, so like put a soldeir down and thats it, then see if the mission loads, if it does then there you have it. Hope that helps, if you need anymore references or info let me know, we'll see what we can do.

========

I wanted to post something for the Iron front fans and those specifically here for IFA3, now this is from the end of February and I should have posted it sooner

unless the guys posted it already and i missed it but from the IFA3 team Skype group I had asked a question pertaining to if anyone was working on anything

and this was the response I got from them:

[2/24/2015 8:29:30 AM] Gunter Severloh: Anyone working on anything for IFA3?

[2/24/2015 8:32:35 AM] Jegor: yep

Jegor: If you mean, additional content. JustFighter created quite a lot of models (vehicles mainly) that need texturing, im texturin browning MG at the moment, JackTaylor works on a pack of fortifications\trenches. There's more..but i can't remember.. we're searching for someone to write a script for german rifle grenade launcher.. It is done but works as an underbarrel GL..and that's not good.

Jegor: generally we need more people, cuz everything is quite slow at the moment..

lennard2612: I am doing all kinds of syuff atm: Add faces, headgear, weapons, character retextures, airplanes retextures

Thanks for the response I am familiar with the SOP for adding mods to the server but as Iron front is part of this and converted from A2 and Arrowhead wasn't sure if I needed anything else to run on a dedicated A3 server. I will upload the files and give it a shot I will let you guys know if I have a running server for Iron front.

Thanks for the response I am familiar with the SOP for adding mods to the server but as Iron front is part of this and converted from A2 and Arrowhead wasn't sure if I needed anything else to run on a dedicated A3 server. I will upload the files and give it a shot I will let you guys know if I have a running server for Iron front.

Just use the lite version (which is free) for the server. No need to convert or anything and it installs like normal A2CO or A3 mods.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki#Setup-guides

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173241-Iron-Front-LITE-mod-in-Arma-3

Edited by rowdied
Added links

I will upload the files and give it a shot I will let you guys know if I have a running server for Iron front.

Very much appreciated mate...

Greetz.

I have the full version where can I download the lite version without play with six? Do you have a link?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

K so I need someone that has setup a dedicated server running Iron front for Arma 3 to help me with this please. I got the server to start with the lite mods but then when I try to run my quick test mission I made it wont let me load it because it says its dependent on deleted items, I take it because the lite version does not have some of the content of the full? Or its because of the command line I used. Does anyone have a custom server command line example that will run this mod on my server the way it should be setup? Thanks