.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Hi Gunter, thanks for the reply.

Having a bit of trouble finding any servers? Guess this might end up being a co-op with just me and my buddy

Welcome, see the link in my previous post, most servers out there are coop servers, all i play is coop myself only on weekends, but for public servers for IFA3 I dont know of any.

Still no updates? Or I missed something?

There is a patch on the way it is done, but currently I beleive Kju is getting it ready for release, my guesses is he needs to report to DS and X1 about it i think and what was done, idk

think hes putting the patch together, doing checks and what not, again i'm not sure but he says soon.

But wait for it its almost here, it should fix the current issues everyone is having, like the no recoil and whatever else.

On the IFA3 Skype group we are to expect some new units from Lennard which will be released seperately, idk if at same time of the patch but thats what he said, and idk what units either.

And of course theres the mod I been working on---> IFA3WarMod

Does the PlaywithSix install work with this update? I haven't downloaded the mod since a while back when I heard the withSix install was broken.

No patch yet but Pw6 as far as I know works for everything including patches. It should be working fine now.

I hope not! But I got to say waiting for this update/patch has been like a never ending story.

Last post was 9 days ago... is the mod dead?

Well what is you want anyone to say?

Yes i'd like for Kju to say something but as far as I know hes doing something with the patch.

Aside the patch if you have been following my WIP thread for my IFA3WarMod

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-wip-7475488?trail=15

I have a dozen or so videos on their demonstrating the mod with news/updates about every 1-3 days

As long as we are waiting for this patch me and my partner whom another modder im working with could probably fix various things in IFA3 ourselves,

in fact we have done a few already which will be in my mod. Mod will release Sunday!

Lastly the link for my IFA3 Installation tutorial was broke because of the new forum update.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161011-iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-3/page-61?p=2762915

Hi Gunter

I have been trying to install using your manual instructions and I am having a couple of problems.

When I tried to start the mod the first time which you tell us to do before applying the patches I had this come up "Addon 'AiA_infantry_IF' requires addon 'LIB_sov_characters'", I looked through the files and found both exist.

Also I tried to patch and the patches do not see the IF install in my arma3 folder, I have tried to unzip the patch but that is not working.

Cheers for any help.

Hi Sqarebasher, welcome to Bis forums!

Did you start the game with this:

@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3"

and in that order?

Also is your Iron front a digital version, or is it steam?

If its a digital that could cause you some issues idk it depends.

Hi Gunter

I have tried to start it with the line you posted, it does not work, I have the steam version.

I tried the launcher you suggested and made a shortcut and edited the start line neither worked.

so you have all those files required?

Even the @IFA3M file which can only come from a patch?

and they are all in your Arma3 directory here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

It should work as posted no one else has had any issues with that setup, the launch parameter is the suggested launch from the wiki

if you use the full version of IFA3SA and not the lite version.

The other option to install the mod is PW6 (play with six)

PW6 on the wiki

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_Play_withSIX_install

Last post was 9 days ago... is the mod dead?

Nope not dead.

Kju and his gang are still hard at work squashing all the bugs I am sure.

Looking forward to the release combined with Gunter's Mod.

They should both bring a lot of players over to IFA3 finally.

Kju is probably doing something with the patch, i swear he said somewhere it was done or maybe someone on the IFA3 skype group said that, thought Lennard said that, so if the patch is done then Im thinking

he may have to have DS (Deepsilver) and whomever else approve of it for release, aside that he may have to test the patch to make sure it applies all files and what not and does what its supposed to do.

As far as IFA3WarMod goes it will release tomorrow (sunday) in the afternoon my time, idk when in the afternoon as I still have a bunch of things to do yet, im still doing alot of testing, and Im working

with a coder that has been helping me in the past week, we made alot of fixes, and added some features you guys may be interested in is the AI rate of fire which we did.

Among other things a new weapon the PPS-43 and R71 motorcycle will be in the mod, for more info and videos that demonstrate the mod see my WIP thread here: LINK

They should both bring a lot of players over to IFA3 finally.

Right, i been getting a few invites here and there on steam about how to install the mod as well as other questions related to IF, theres alot of folks out there that do not know much about

Iron front nor IFA2, or IFA3 so theres definitely some new people to the game and its versions! Do what you guys can to support this community, we've come along way since 2012!

I only wish Awar was still the devs and the vanilla game was a bit more polished with tons more content, and features something like Lib 41-45 ;)

so you have all those files required?

Even the @IFA3M file which can only come from a patch?

and they are all in your Arma3 directory here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

It should work as posted no one else has had any issues with that setup, the launch parameter is the suggested launch from the wiki

if you use the full version of IFA3SA and not the lite version.

The other option to install the mod is PW6 (play with six)

PW6 on the wiki

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_Play_withSIX_install

I don't have the @IFA3M because the patch will not run, but i have tried to start the mod without that and with it in the start line. Arma3 starts and I can see all the DLC single player missions for IF and I have tried to start them, but there is lots of stuff missing so they will not start.

I downloaded the IFA3SA through the torrent has anyone had any problems with that being corrupted.

Thanks for adding that file Gunter, I did add it but it still does not work, I will keep trying different things.

Cheers

Welcome, try with Pw6 if you cant get it link in my other post, any other details or reports of what you have done then post, cant really help you if

we dont know the situation, setup or what you did and or didn't do.

I'd like to help and I have seen that error your getting before but I dont recall what it means, seems to me it might be something corrupted or you dont have the full files, like you

can download a file and only get part of it but the file will still be there in the addons folder but missing many components to it, just a thought.

Gentlemen, Fans of Iron Front and WarMod ;)

IFA3WarMod has been released!!!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184291-ifa3warmod-release/

also IF Fan ForumsLINK

Hi Gunter

Just wondering if you mind posting the file sizes of each folder in bytes, I might then be able to see if anything has not either been converted/downloaded correctly.

@CBA_A3 -  6.64 MB  (6,970,267 bytes)

@IF  -          5.31 GB  (5,709,064,186 bytes)

@IFA3 -       41.6 MB  (43,669,501 bytes)

@IFA3m -    713 MB  (748,278,860 bytes)

@IFA3SA -   3.24 GB  (3,487,176,697 bytes)

My DLC is the Lite version which is an optional file and wont prevent your game from running, the ones above are the core and required.

IF the sizes above dont match then either you need the full version of one of them, or we'll need to break it down file by file and see which ones dont have the same size.

Ran the conversion tool again and it is a smaller folder size than yours @IF 5.24 GB (5,633,958,717 bytes).

Below is a link to a screenshot of the addons folder from the @IF folder this is the only thing in the @IF folder, for comparison with yours.

ftp://paul-julie@phrussell.eclipse.co.uk@myfiles.eclipse.co.uk/www.phrussell.eclipse.co.uk/IFA3/@IFaddons.gif

I see the pic fine, problem is we are comparing files with yours still unpatched, and mine is patched to v1.13 which is latest.

what i would do is search through this thread like 5+ pages back and see if anyone else encountered the same error as you which im sure someone has and then read the answers in response,

would also suggest and again PW6 as most folks i've talked to had no issues with getting the mod installed that way.

Are you still getting this error:

"Addon 'AiA_infantry_IF' requires addon 'LIB_sov_characters'"

do you have he addon Lib_sov_characters ?

I can send you those files if your missing them based on the error/s your getting.

I have always had those files, it's just like the launcher cannot see them, you can see the Lib_sov_characters file in the screenshot. When I added the @IF3m folder you sent me it did come up with a different set of files it could not access but again they were the in the folders.

I will have a look back and see if I can find a solution in this forum.

No offence to anyone but I do not like the look of PWS, like it has adds and that really puts me off using it.