.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Great to hear kju, it' super to have people still updating this project. Much appreciated. :)

If anything I'd like the grenade thing looked into like I mentioned, because as it is it can take 5-10 seconds for grenade shrapnel to finish flying in a multiplayer environment with +-15 people.

I'm experiencing no vehicle sound when driving while using the US Jeep & Trucks..... anyone else having this issue?

The engine noise starts up ok but when I drive off.... nothing!

The Russian Jeep sound is perfect - but not he US version.

Thanks for everyone's hard work!

:)

Just wanted to state that I forgot to mention that the frag grenades generate a ton of shrapnel, and that the hit effects take a couple of seconds to finish. Oftentimes, the hit radius, visually, is three times as large as normal.

I'm experiencing no vehicle sound when driving while using the US Jeep & Trucks..... anyone else having this issue?

The engine noise starts up ok but when I drive off.... nothing!

The Russian Jeep sound is perfect - but not he US version.

Thanks for everyone's hard work!

:)

Im having rhis issue too.

Nice news kju!!!! Many thanks

Thanks for the news kju !! I recently started to experience ifa3 ... GREAT ... really great !! :bounce3:

Maybe you could help him if you can't wait ? Or at least be gentle, considering the amount of work the author had to handle for your pleasure, and ask politely ?

when you go out this patch?

Patch will release when its ready.

Maybe you could help him if you can't wait ? Or at least be gentle, considering the amount of work the author had to handle

Theres about 4+ guys behind IFA3 that are working on the patch and things related for IFA3, basically a small team.

As for work yes it is alot of work, considering each person on the team does something specific, but all contributing their knowledge, and time to the mod.

Before IFA3 there was the IFA2 (Iron front in Arma2CO) which started the whole project this was run by Kju specifically but he had the support and help from

my former Team IFR The team was roughly almost 20 at the time

and dwindled down to about 13 guys for the main stuff, one of the members of the team DeadTomGC created the Conversion tool that allowed one to convert their IF

to a mod for Arma2CO, the other guys all were working on other aspects mainly our own little addons/ mods for IF for the arma2Co version.

Our main job was mainly to test and fix various aspects of the IFA2, and DLC, we had also tested and updated the v1.06 patch which was the official patch

that AWar (former official devs of IF) who did not release the patch before they quit, Kju got permissions to work on the patch and we helped him get it ready

for release, Awar btw are the guys that built Iron front, they are working on another project right now called Iron Clash its WW2 still but on another engine.

Anyways the IFA3 team are always looking for more modders or folks that can help with IFA3. Send kju a pm here on BIS forums and or if any questions you can ask here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/official-ifa3-team-is-looking-for-developers-join-the-cause-7211871?pid=1286068874#post1286068874

I would help if I could ... no knowledge :( ... love the mod

Edited by Spoor

Hey guys I formatted my pc, now I'am in the process of reinstalling IFA3, tutorial links for PWS are down I think.

Can you remember me the single mods needed in the IFA3 collection with PWS ? I have both IF and AII installed

thanks

I can see people still playing this mod, and I own a copy of Iron Front. I am really interested in putting IF into Arma3, but where is the download link for the convert tools??:confused:

Hey, so I downloaded this mod using PW6, but I don't really want to use it anymore, is there a way I can take the mod from PW6 and launch it in ArmA regularly? I tried transferring the mod folders from "Documents\ArmA 3" with the right mod order, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

@Hazzard, Answered you on steam chat.

I can see people still playing this mod, and I own a copy of Iron Front. I am really interested in putting IF into Arma3, but where is the download link for the convert tools??

Follow my IFA3 tutorial http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

or use the official wiki which is almost the same thing, or try the PWS version where its installed for you.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_3_version

is there a way I can take the mod from PW6 and launch it in ArmA regularly?

Without PW6 create a shortcut from steam for Arma3, or use a launcher .

I used that launcher you sent me and launched the game with the files that were downloaded with PW6 (@cba_a3,@ifa3,@ifa3sa), but when in-game, none of the items appear, some clothing items are listed in the the arsenal, but they don't appear when wearing them.

Something wrong with the files then, I suggest getting the files manually, but your missing @IFA3m according to what you have here

@cba_a3,@ifa3,@ifa3sa

You need these files, and in this order:

@CBA_A3,@IF,@IFA3SA,@ifa3m,@IFA3

If your using PW6 it should have patched the game for you too so I dont see why you would be missing anything but again I'd suggest doing a manual install:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

If need be I can send you the @IFA3m, but that is usually acquired through one of the patches.

Can't wait for the update, including the new weapons, i hope. Fingers crossed!

I'm with you, without an update the mod is pretty unplayable for Arma 3 users. Looking forward to it.

can't wait either but ...... have to :) - keep on going the very good work guys !!!! - thanks

Hey guys, I may need a little of help with PWS IFA3, in the past I installed it no problem and in one click, IFA3 was even in the featured mods (now no more ?)

Now after formatting, I tried to install IFA3 again, below the collection I made (I have both IF and AII installed)

http://i.imgur.com/kEqlxRK.jpg

Bu no luck, I get this error and IFA3 wont even start

http://i.imgur.com/KbbVCUb.jpg

Problem is I can't go the manual way, in my group all people are used to get things done with PWS and so without PWS I will never convince them to get IFA3 again.

Edited by Spoor

I'm having the exact same problem.

Actually had to go back to the lite version just to get my WW2 goodness.

@ HaZZarD

PWS tries to apply a patch (as the hashes found didn't match the latest version).

However the patch does not work with the version you have installed.

Try to delete all IF related modfolders (@IF;@LIB_DLC_1;@IFA3M;@IF_Other_Addons_WIP) in every relevant location (myDocs, gameFolder, modsFolder set in PWS) and let it redo the whole process.