.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

;2955300']@ HaZZarD

PWS tries to apply a patch (as the hashes found didn't match the latest version).

However the patch does not work with the version you have installed.

Try to delete all IF related modfolders (@IF;@LIB_DLC_1;@IFA3M;@IF_Other_Addons_WIP) in every relevant location (myDocs' date=' gameFolder, modsFolder set in PWS) and let it redo the whole process.[/quote']

Deleted related folders, retried but I get this error

http://i.imgur.com/CxPfuSA.jpg

maybe better if I wait for the next IFA3 patch ? or not related ?

@ HaZZarD

The next patch wont help with that.

Check if you have too little HDD space remaining, issues with your temp folder or a failing HDD.

Will the next patch fix the other installation problem? Because I can't get any method to install properly now.

All the manual patching EXEs just declare that "the patch is not installed" and quit when I run them.

I remember when I installed IFA3 for the first time it was listed under featured mods of Arma III, with a collection ready to install, can we have it back please ?

I think would make things easier.

Personally preferring to do everything manually Arma related aside official game patches, I wish there was the option to have the patches for IFA3 in a rar or zip

format so that we can just update the mod by moving the files and not have to deal with all the checks that each patch has through the exe.

I would even take the time myself to rar each patch for the community and host it on the MR if I had access to the files.

Atm the latest patch I was unable to get to patch, so when the new patch does release its going to require the previous one unless

you guys include the 1.12, 1.13 in the new version. The faq on the wiki does nothing to help in terms of understanding what the error messages that come up mean,

imo all the errors that can possibly comeup with patch if any should be listed, and how to correct them, theres to many people that could be playing or be playing a latest

version but cannot figure out or know what to do or get to work anything related to the patches, myself included,

this is reason why i want patches to have an optional way to install through zip or rar.

Kju is this possible? i would do it for the community for you and host it on the MR, I have unlimited FTP storage and bandwidth so its nothing for me to do.

@ Subject319

If you want to see anyone look into your problems, you need to provide specific feedback,

like PWS logs, screenshots of errors, list of your files in the game folder, etc.

I'll get them all now then.

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

http://i.imgur.com/XB5fIjF.png (222 kB)

So I get this error every time I try.

It comes up with a try again box, I click it, and it happens again.

See comment #1575.

I've tried deleting everything, but it always happens.

You referenced deleting files in My Documents, but I've had a look and I can't find any references at all to Iron Front in My Documents, is there something I should be looking for?

I have tried the Arma 3 IF Lite and liked it enough to buy the full IF game =)

I am encountering similar issues to other posts with the patches not working after the conversion. This same message appears whether I run the conversion through PWS or try the manual install methods for the 1.05_1.12 Community Patch (I have also cleared out any files or folders each time before trying again):

"Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Arma 3

Iron Front for Arma 3 Patch: Updating version 1.47 to version 1.99...

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file cannot find xdelta3.exe, phase 5."

If I am trying to convert through PWS, it will act like the patch worked and then apply all the other patches, which will then produce errors about missing assets and files.

I like Gunter's suggestion about having the patch files in a .rar or 7zip format vs these .exe patches, but if that's not possible, is there anyway to trick the .exe into dumping its files into a folder to manually copy?

Thanks for your time and effort to creating this great mod and I look forward to future updates.

Any way to order IF3 for my whole squad?

You mean IFA3, or vanilla IF? and order as in install? or buy the game?

Vanilla IF is required for the full version of IFA3, once you have the full version game (each person that is) they then need to do the conversion process.

I have tried the Arma 3 IF Lite and liked it enough to buy the full IF game =)

Wonderful! welcome to the community! Dont forget to check the MR when you get the chance and download some missions, mods,

texture packs and anything else! (link in my sig).

I like Gunter's suggestion about having the patch files in a .rar or 7zip format vs these .exe patches,

Yup, imo that will work because like a regular mod you see on Armaholic that releases a patch its always in a zip, with that its just a matter of drag and drop the files

and then saying yes to the dialog if you wish to overwrite, at least then you know something is applied when you do it, all this patch headache can be avoided.

But idk if thats possible I thought I had asked Kju a year ago about that, i think he said it has to do with permissions or licenses, or something with DS, idk i forget,

maybe you can clarify why we cant have an alternative way to patch the game through a zip/rar format then using an exe?

For the patch in general be sure to put it in your Arma3 directory and run it from there, i you need to make sure you run the game as administrator, and run once,

and then try to apply the patch, if the patch says theres some error and it is or may be corrupted then just redownload it again and try it.

I host all the patches on the MR if you need alt links, just go to the IFA3 Missions & Files on the menu (far right on the site)

and the patches listing is the 1st menu link there.

========

In other news, although i had announced this on the 18th I am currently working on a WarMod version for IFA3:

See the WIP thread on the IF Fan Forums: ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-announcement-wip-7475488?pid=1287712080

Only exe with key check is possible due to publisher's requirements.

As its delta patching, not the full data, extracting the exe wont help either.

You need to find out why the xdelta3.exe cannot be found. Its part of the exe patch.

So might be your OS or AV software blocking it.

You mean IFA3, or vanilla IF? and order as in install? or buy the game?

Vanilla IF is required for the full version of IFA3, once you have the full version game (each person that is) they then need to do the conversion process.

Wonderful! welcome to the community! Dont forget to check the MR when you get the chance and download some missions, mods,

texture packs and anything else! (link in my sig).

Yup, imo that will work because like a regular mod you see on Armaholic that releases a patch its always in a zip, with that its just a matter of drag and drop the files

and then saying yes to the dialog if you wish to overwrite, at least then you know something is applied when you do it, all this patch headache can be avoided.

But idk if thats possible I thought I had asked Kju a year ago about that, i think he said it has to do with permissions or licenses, or something with DS, idk i forget,

maybe you can clarify why we cant have an alternative way to patch the game through a zip/rar format then using an exe?

For the patch in general be sure to put it in your Arma3 directory and run it from there, i you need to make sure you run the game as administrator, and run once,

and then try to apply the patch, if the patch says theres some error and it is or may be corrupted then just redownload it again and try it.

I host all the patches on the MR if you need alt links, just go to the IFA3 Missions & Files on the menu (far right on the site)

and the patches listing is the 1st menu link there.

========

In other news, although i had announced this on the 18th I am currently working on a WarMod version for IFA3:

See the WIP thread on the IF Fan Forums: ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-announcement-wip-7475488?pid=1287712080

;2956598']Only exe with key check is possible due to publisher's requirements.

As its delta patching' date=' not the full data, extracting the exe wont help either.

You need to find out why the xdelta3.exe cannot be found. Its part of the exe patch.

So might be your OS or AV software blocking it.[/quote']

Thank you both for the assistance, I will try re-downloading after disabling the my anti-virus and post an update in a few minutes.

Update...

I was finally able to convert IF to A3 through Play With Six. I believe the reason for the issue was my anti-virus as you had mentioned .Kju, but I am not 100% certain. The manual install method was still not working for me, but I am definitely not going to start over to find out =)

Thank you both for the support and keep up the great work!

Edited by distractor2004
Resolved issues with updating IF A3

.kju, I'd just like to formally apologize for being really annoying, I think it's been my antivirus.

And it's annoying but completely understandable from the publisher's point of view that they'd have requirements like that.

Hello guys

I need your help because the performance in this mod is horrible. Or maybe I have not adjusted settings correctly. My PC is:

-I7 4790K 4.0Ghz

-GPU: Geforce GTX 970 4GB

-8 GB RAM memory

-Mothrboard: MSI Z-97 Gaming

I can play ARMA III ULTRA Settings (normally I prefer Very High better than Ultra) with 60 FPS. But in Arma 3 IF mod I can't have more than 30 FPS. What is the reason?

Even if I change visual distant... FPS doesn't change. I use Iron Front Full texture version (not the little free version) with all Comunity updates.

I hope you can help me please :)

Hello there

Are you running any specific mission?

I have found that many missions that are available do overwhelm my PC, i tend to open them up and reduce Ai numbers.

Small squad missions run very well even on my 7 year old PC.

The campaign is an example in this case especially the Dday mission.

Rgds

LoK

About the campaign I know, it is extremely bad optimize.

I mean about the maps in general. Normally I develop my own missions with Arma 3 Editor, and I have just found that the map base on Omaha show me 30 FPS all the time. Is it only my problem or you, guys, have the same problems?

Greetings

Well i normally get around 30-40fps so it depends, of course most of my settings aside a couple are lowest, or at standard,

but for Omaha with nothing on it I get:

in an open field with fraps I get 80-90fps (what fraps says anyways but no lag whatsoever for me)

around buildings i get 60fps

in the only town on the map Colleville, i get 45-50 fps.

Now add a couple of squads of AI each side and a tank for both sides and i get.... 30-35fps according to fraps.

Im running a dual core, with 8gb ram, Nvidia Geforce gtx 560ti, with a 850w PSU, Win7x64. So with your specs you shouldn't be having that issue at least not in my mind.

Thanks for the answers guys. I think so the problem is becouse Coleville map have a lot of textures and polygons in trees, grass. Actually I have just tried Panovo and my game works perfectly.

My last question guys. How can I use artillery computer with Katiusha. All the time when I select it I cant press FIRE even if I choose marks in the diferents circles. I tried Russian Mortars and their artillery computers work nice, but it doesn't happen with Katiusha. Any solution?

Hello there

Quick question.

I recently installed IFL with PWS due to an hdd failure, does it include the community patches? PWS displays it as 1.10 whereas we are on 1.13 I believe.

I have tried running them as per the wiki etc.

It's probably me being an old duffer.

I also get a messed up loading screen in A3 which shows elements of both the A3 and IFL front end if that helps you .

Rgds

LoK