.kju

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - community patches (Arma version only)

if_logo_final_m1.png

Dear Iron Front fans

I'm happy to present the community patches for Iron Front in Arma and DLC. :bounce3:

Preface

---

This community patch has the agreement of all involved parties:

Prerequisites

---

- An original version of Iron Front: Liberation 1944.

- 1.05 patch installed on Iron Front: Liberation 1944.

- The DLC is optional.

- The Iron Front Arma version installed.

Note: Play withSIX will automatically patch Iron Front itself and Iron Front in Arma.

Downloads

---

Note: The community patches can only be used for the Iron Front in Arma version!

Don't forget to download/update to the most recent @IFA3 as well available in the files section. (A3 only)

More information about the setup process is to be found in the wiki.

Donations

---

If you appreciate our efforts, the huge amount of time went into this and want contribute financially,

you can buy the game via our affiliate link or you can donate:

# kju

btn_donateCC_LG_global.gif

# tierprot

logo_s1.png

Support

---

Please report issues in our project space.

Changelog

---

1.06 and 1.01 DLC

---

• Based on the unpublished AWAR 1.06 patch
  • Hundreds of improvements and fixes
  • New: Air Force units by Lennard
  • New: stormtrooper tank units by Stagler
  • New: Polish guerrilla units by Panzer_Baron - AWAR Dev
  • New: Improved explosion effects by SofD - AWAR Dev
  • New: reload animation for Garandgewehr
  • Rapid fire mode for M1918A2 BAR
  • German infantry models improved
  • U.S. Infantry models improved
  • Various models of weapons improved
  • Various vehicle models improved
  • Various performance and netcode improvements
  • Updated and additional unit groups for the editor
  • Improved animations for vehicle crews
  • The towing of artillery improved
  • Fixed some weapon names / descriptions
  • And a lot more!

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1499

Visit the Iron Front fans forum for more information and promotion screenshots.

Credits

---

• AWAR - created the base of the 1.06 patch
  • kju - enduring dedication and lots of time spent to get all parties to approve the project, getting the source files, lots of fixing and optimization, setting up a project space, managing the project, distributing test versions on a constant basis, finally building the patch and making this all possible
  • norrin - setting up the test plan and fixing various issues
  • Gunter Severloh - DLC testing, setting up a patch progress file list
  • Major Mayhem and his group - multiplayer testing
  • scars09, norrin, Heavyax - weapons testing/fixes
  • Rydygier - testing the pak, arty, flakvierling, and guerrilla units
  • Joarius - testing the tanks
  • Poor Old Spike - promotional shots
  • Lennard - created the luftwaffe units
  • Stagler - created the stormtrooper tank units
  • OMAC - providing several campaign fixes

1.07 and 1.02 DLC

---

• Added: Polish troops with clothing (A3 only).
  • Fixed: Cars are indestructible.
  • Fixed: Secondary explosions of tanks are created multiple times in some cases.
  • Fixed: Mines are causing massive RPT spam and slowdowns.
  • Fixed: Error with the Panzershreck smoke trail in Arma 2.
  • Fixed: Market object can cause visual glitch in A2:CO.
  • Fixed: Omaha map has Polish placenames.

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1568

1.08 and 1.03 DLC

---

• Added: Make DLC weapons support A3 muzzle flashes.
  • Added: Make DLC weapons support A3 effects.
  • Fixed: Cars are indestructable under certain conditions.
  • Fixed: Market object crashes the game in A2:CO.

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1571

1.09 and 1.04 DLC

---

• Added: Convert tanks to use new PhysX simulation (PzKpfw IV Ausf.H, PzKpfw V Ausf.A Panther, SPG StuG III Ausf.G).
  • Added: Convert cars to use new PhysX simulation (Kubelwagen, Willys MB, Scout M3, Studebaker US6, ZiS-5V).
  • Fixed: materials parameters are not applied to infantry weapons.
  • Fixed: LIB_M1A1_Bazooka crashes the game.
  • Fixed: Tank gun reticles are not working.
  • Fixed: Lack of viewfinder adjustment device GUI element for gunner optics view: PaK40, ZiS-3, StuG-III.
  • Fixed: As infantry one still has the old weapon interface.
  • Fixed: Grenade type is not shown in the top right display.
  • Fixed: Third person view camera angle of infantry is different to Iron Front standalone.
  • Fixed: Artillery disappears after hitching.
  • Fixed: Missing Sound Details in Trigger Effects.

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1611

1.10 and 1.05 DLC

---

• Added: more converted wheeled models to use new PhysX simulation (BM13 'Katyusha', Opel Blitz family, Studebaker US6 (Open), ZiS-5V (Repair), ZiS-5V (Fuel), ZiS-5V (Ambulance)) (tierprot).
  • Added: Soviet PL-1 Parachute - classes: B_LIB_Parachute_PL, Lib_sov_Parachute_F (Kostya).
  • Changed: improved wheeled models (tierprot).
  • Changed: improved PhysX behavior of cars (tierprot).
  • Changed: improved sounds of cars (tierprot).
  • Changed: added exhausts for cars (tierprot).
  • Changed: epeImpulseDamageCoef for cars (tierprot).
  • Changed: added Shield useraction for LIB_Scout_m3 (tierprot).
  • Changed: improved tank models (Shvetz).
  • Changed: improved PhysX for tanks (Shvetz).
  • Changed: improved sounds for tanks (Shvetz).
  • Changed: added new AnimationSource for PzKpfwV (Shvetz).
  • Changed: updated textures of PzKpfwIV_H (Shvetz).
  • Changed: sound volume of vehicle weapons (Shvetz).
  • Changed: magazine reload sound volume of infantry weapons (tierprot).
  • Changed: LIB_PISTOL inheritance.
  • Fixed: path to sky textures.
  • Fixed: floating DLC/US vehicles.
  • Fixed: disabled RenderTargets for cars not yet converted.
  • Fixed: disabled all old sound definitions of cars.
  • Fixed: Li-2 cannot use PhysX simulation yet as the model is not yet adjusted.

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1614

Special mentioning: Virtual Soviet Army [bCA] and especially lyotchik-sniper for big assistance!

1.11 and 1.06 DLC

---

• Fixed: [Workaround] Opening the campaign or scenario selection crashed the game.

1.12 and 1.07 DLC

---

• Added: More converted tank models to use new PhysX simulation (SPG SU-85, JS-122 '43, PzKpfw VI Ausf.B Kingtiger) (Shvetz).
  • Added: New US infantry models by LODU (tierprot).
  • Added: New backpack models by LODU to German infantry (tierprot).
  • Changed: Transmissions, suspension, some motor parameters, parameters of wheels (for better braking when idle) and more for all tanks (Shvetz).
  • Changed: Tweaked volume and distance of tank sounds (Shvetz).
  • Changed: Configure backpacks to A3 standards (tierprot).
  • Changed: Separate animations to their own containers.
  • Changed: Add icons to factions (Keeway).
  • Changed: Add terrain pictures (Keeway).
  • Changed: Improved Polish translation (Keeyway).
  • Changed: Sorted 'updating class' rpt spam for the most part.
  • Changed: Sorted 'Error: Bone (more) doesnt exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton' rpt spam for the most part.
  • Changed: Show DLC version in the main menu.
  • Fixed: Panzerschreck crashes game (Alwarren).
  • Fixed: Tank sounds is broken when in 1st person and the engine is on (Shvetz).
  • Fixed: All the units (all IF factions) got the exact same face (RobertoCro).
  • Fixed: Polish sniper clothing cannot get changed or taken back on (tierprot).
  • Fixed: LIB_guer_characters helmet and vest class names are faulty (tierprot).

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1643

1.13 and 1.08 DLC

---

• Added: Support for galzohar's wind ballistics mod. (Shvetz)
  • Changed: Add version number for IFA3 in the main menu.
  • Changed: Improve Zeus compatibility for IFA3.
  • Changed: Adjust zoom of SVT_40. (Shvetz)
  • Changed: Limit load for radios and paradrop backpacks. (Prarock)
  • Changed: Set mass to mines and related equipment. (Prarock)
  • Changed: Add short names of throwable items for top right weapon/magazine display. (Shvetz)
  • Changed: Add silenced sound mode for LIB_M9130. (Shvetz)
  • Changed: Make dead crew get auto ejected from static weapons. (Shvetz)
  • Changed: Reduce rpt spam from UI classes.
  • Changed: Set author tag in LIB/IF classes.
  • Fixed: Silent AI team members in IFA2 - no voice order issuing nor confirmations.
  • Fixed: GER and SOV faction speak only English in IFA3.
  • Fixed: AT mines are not getting triggered by tanks. Most AP mines just disappear without any effect. (Prarock)
  • Fixed: Drop of equipped sapper tools causes mines to disappear from inventory. (Prarock)
  • Fixed: Taking mines from crates is not working correctly. (Prarock)
  • Fixed: Panzerschreck has no reload animation. (Shvetz)
  • Fixed: When object gets towed, it disappears under certain conditions. (Adanteh)
  • Fixed: Reload animation of launchers is bugged. (Shvetz)
  • Fixed: Smoke grenade of RKKA side gets replaced by standard A3 model. (tierprot)
  • Fixed: Faction icon for US army is wrong. (Keeway)

More details at: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1673

Enjoy. :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Excellent!

But I get the impression that we need to have Arma3 installed or the 1.06 patch will not work?

Please clarify.

Note: The community patches can only be used for the Iron Front Arma version!

Yes.

Dirty Haz

Thanks for the patch and all your guys hard work.

For those of you having a hard time understanding what to do ( like I was ) please go here to read the steps to get the patch and mod to work in Arma 2 CO.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_2_CO_version

Edited by rowdied
speeling and such

Thanks for the patch and all your guys hard work.

For those of you having a hard time understanding what to do ( like I was ) please go here to read the steps to get the patch and mod to work in Arma 2 CO.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_2_CO_version

Like Rowdied, I followed the exact steps at the following set up guide and all worked very well.

I have the ability to Run IFL:44 and its DLC patched up to v1.06 and 1.01, with new content, respectively in the Arma 2 engine. I also have the ability now, to run the same set up in the Arma 3 engine using the AllinArma mod.

Smashing job folks. Looks brilliant in both engines for A2 and A3.

Thanks very much for sharing.

I can use the arma 2 launcher to start it now like the other mods.

its awesome

Wonderful news, just as I was restarting work on expanding my mission pack for it.

Regards,

Sander

Wonderful news, just as I was restarting work on expanding my mission pack for it.

Regards,

Sander

Exciting....sander's mission pack!

Why 1.06 throws so many errors? Almost every file has an error. I didn't have problems with 1.01 DLC patch but 1.06 is corrupted no matter where I try to download?

Why 1.06 throws so many errors? Almost every file has an error. I didn't have problems with 1.01 DLC patch but 1.06 is corrupted no matter where I try to download?

Yeah, same here.

Got ERRORS too, too many, and hips of other issues like map with no texture ... poorly tested before RELEASE !

Got ERRORS too, too many, and hips of other issues like map with no texture ... poorly tested before RELEASE !

And no thank you for bringing it to you for free ? Brilliant first post :icon_ohmygod:

First off, I'm loving the idea of having IF as a mod in my Arma2CO, beeing able to play it together with things like the ShackTack Hud or ASR_Ai...

But I seem to got lost somewhere on the road...

I got Arma2CO patched to 1.62.

I got Iron Front patched to 1.05.

I do NOT own Arma3 by now...

I tried converting my Iron Front game into my Arma using your conversion tool, the tool did finish the process, leaving me with all the IF files converted to .pbo. (well, somehow...)

Now, if I try to open that IF-Mod in Arma2CO, I'm getting some bugging hybrid:

- The loading screens are half-Arma2 and half-IF

- I can see the IF- campaigns in the campaign-screen, but trying to play them freezes my game

- There's no content of IF available in my editor, only plain vanilla- Arma2

Trying to aply the 1.06 patch ends in an error- message telling me I'm running Version 1.60 instead of 1.62...

My Arma2CO definetly runs 1.62 by default and even has the newest Beta applied... ???

Anyone?? :pray:

Thanks to the community members, devs, and publishers for making this whole deal happen. IF had such great content, now the community can work with it and finish it. Thanks guys.

First off, I'm loving the idea of having IF as a mod in my Arma2CO, beeing able to play it together with things like the ShackTack Hud or ASR_Ai...

But I seem to got lost somewhere on the road...

I got Arma2CO patched to 1.62.

I got Iron Front patched to 1.05.

I do NOT own Arma3 by now...

I tried converting my Iron Front game into my Arma using your conversion tool, the tool did finish the process, leaving me with all the IF files converted to .pbo. (well, somehow...)

Now, if I try to open that IF-Mod in Arma2CO, I'm getting some bugging hybrid:

- The loading screens are half-Arma2 and half-IF

- I can see the IF- campaigns in the campaign-screen, but trying to play them freezes my game

- There's no content of IF available in my editor, only plain vanilla- Arma2

Trying to aply the 1.06 patch ends in an error- message telling me I'm running Version 1.60 instead of 1.62...

My Arma2CO definetly runs 1.62 by default and even has the newest Beta applied... ???

Anyone?? :pray:

How are you opening the game?

I use Arma II launcher and treat it as a mod. I open it with no issues. Also, if you are opening it in ArmaCO, do not list the folder @ifa3m in your start up parameters as it will cause errors. This is for Arma3 and not ArmaCO.

If you follow the steps listed below to convert the mod, and treat it as a mod in ArmaCO, you shouldn't have any problems or in game errors.

Prerequisites

1.Iron Front installed and patched to 1.05

2.Iron Front: D-Day 1944 DLC is optional

3.Arma 2: Combined Operations installed and in the latest version 1.Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead patched to 1.62

2.Arma 2 patched to 1.11

4.Recommended: Latest beta patch for Operation Arrowhead

STEP ONE: Conversion process

1.Download IronFrontArmaConversion_YYYY_MM_DD.7z from the files section and extract it to your desktop

2.Read and acknowledge the IronFrontArmaConversion_Disclaimer.txt

3.Install the conversion tool

4.Run the tool, hit Create IF Arma button and wait for conversion to complete - this will take a while

STEP TWO: Community patch

1.Download the IronFront_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.05-1.06.exe

2.Run the 1.06 patch

3.If you have the DLC also the IronFront_DLC_Arma_CommunityPatch_1.00-1.01.exe (Steam or Digital)

4.Run the DLC 1.01 patch

STEP THREE: Start-up info

1.Download the Launch Iron Front in Arma 2 CO - Automated.bat from the files section

2.Start the game with the batch file

3. Or use any of the Arma launchers to launch the mod. IE/ ArmaII Launcher by Spirited Machine

How are you opening the game?

Nevermind, but thanks for helping.

I honestly don't know what I changed while trying third time, but those changes where the ones helping...

Everything is working smoove now, even the patch 1.06 content and Lennards beautifull Fallschirmjäger- skins.

Looks like Santa came a lil late this year. All those smileys but no Santa, at least have this monkey (monkeys always rock anyways...) :don 15:

Greetz and thanks to IFR team again.

Edit: English isn't my first...

Edited by GottMitUns

Does it matter that you have IF installed on a different drive? Is there another download for this. It keeps giving me an IF not installed error.

I've IF on my E drive and both Armas on my C drive. Could that be the reason for those errors?

I've IF on my E drive and both Armas on my C drive. Could that be the reason for those errors?

Maybe. Try moving the patch and converter to your E drive and run it from there. The converter converts all the .ifa to .pbo and places it in your arma folder.

you need to use the converter before you apply any patches.

I followed the instructions and sequence exactly and had no problems with the install. The Eastern Front campaigns seem to be functional with some little quirks. Some clothing issues, but everything looks really nice. There is a problem with US uniforms in the D-Day DLC ... helmets are NATO Arma3 and uniforms are ... uh ... not standard United States Army 1944 issue (basically kevlar armour over underwear, no footwear). Vehicles and aircraft look really good. Aircraft handle well, but vehicles are a little slippery/bouncy (maybe PhysX?). Also, I assume user missions are currently not convertable/playable under Arma3? Thanks again - its amazing how improved life-like the renderings are under Arma3 at high-quality.

Maybe. Try moving the patch and converter to your E drive and run it from there. The converter converts all the .ifa to .pbo and places it in your arma folder.

you need to use the converter before you apply any patches.

Did that didn't help. If I ignore those errors it does create those files though.

Just found out that it's the same error as this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85026-patch-1-03-xdelta3-returned-error-code-1

Need to try firewall and AV off to see what happens.

/Didn't work :/

Edited by St. Jimmy

I guess you'll need to apply the community patch first when you are using play with six too?

Poorly tested my ass, we had been working on the patch since start of August and finished it end of November.

You did meet the requirements correct? You do understand that the patch is to be applied to the converted version of Iron front and not the vanilla game.

I doubt it but it shouldn't matter because in the converter itself you will indicate the path for your Arma2 directory, and the path where your Iron front is installed,

once the conversion process is complete a folder titled @IF will be created and placed in your Arma2 directory which for you is your C drive.

From that point I would suggest putting the patch file in your arma2 directory and then patch from there.

Exactly what errors are you getting?, saying you have errors dont tell us anything, other then your either

doing a step wrong, or not meeting a requirement.

And no thank you for bringing it to you for free ? ...

Free ?

You're mistaken mister.

Just because you own ARMA series it doesn't mean the others do.

There are people who are not into modern warfare.

They've bought IR Liberation '44 as it is.

And now what, they have to spend quite a lot of money on products they're not interested.

i am not arrogant. I am simply angry.

First they release the game in a state that shouldn't be on the shelf.

And now this.

Even if they release 1.06 patch for Iron front I still wouldn't thank, but forgive at least.

It's shame that a such beautiful game has a such roller coaster.

---------- Post added at 07:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Poorly tested my ass, ...

Did you play the game yet ?

There isn't fully damage system implemented ...

I could go with a list all night.

Free ?

You're mistaken mister.

random blabla

What word don't you understand in "community patch" ?