.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Hi All

I have just updated another one of my IFA3 coop missions with the latest F3 mission framework, UPSMON AI, ZBE cache and CH View Distance scripts. In addition, I have added in the vanilla BIS Virtual Arsenal to a weapon crate.

IFA3 Co15 Op Tenacity No Respawn

The mission can be found on my steam workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436697909

Mission Details

Your tasks are to move from the Omaha beach area to clear the 4 forward locations of enemy forces. Then move to the village area to destroy enemy assets. Including 3 PAK40s, tank and a radio mast.

In this CO-OP/SP mission, you play a US 15 man combined arms assault team, operating on the normandy, France area in 1944, fighting German forces. The team consists of a 9 man US Army squad. In addition, there is a sherman tank, with 2 playable slots, which infantry can ride on the back if required (under high command if needed).

There is also a 1 man flyable P47 support aircraft, with service assets near its airfield. (under high command if needed) Furthermore there is a 1 man playable mortar/artillery team, whom also have access to a towable anti-tank if needed. (under high command if needed). Lastly, there is a 2 man sniper/spotter team, for recon' purpose and elimination of HVTs. (under high command if needed).

The FOB, has a BIS virtual arsenal system box, static weapons and limited, none respawnable vehicles, including a half-track.

Enemy forces consist of elements of Waffen SS and Heer, are operating a defensive strategy in the AO. Expect upto 2 companies in the AO, with an extremely well defended area around the village, including 3 PAK40 anti tank guns, several MG42 nests, mortar, entrenched infantry and a tank of unknown type.

Also, please not that at the spawn start, players have the option of paradropping into a selected map position if needed.

Finally, the mission admin/lead when logged in, can change the mission parameters to suit their needs. This also includes AI caching at different distances to help with game performance. It's important to note here, that only the server admin, has Zeus control of Iron Front in Arma 3 assets only and has radio support control of artillery if needed.

Is it still possible to install this mod via PlayWithSix? I've managed to install it with Günter's tutorial but my friends keep running into dozens of various errors (IF is not installed, Addon A requires addon B, something-something function scope etc) so a one-click solution would come really handy. :)

Does it still supposed to install the mod correctly? I used it couple of months ago to install IF and everything went great but now me and my friends are getting errors so I assumed that mod in PW6 is no longer maintained.

What errors are you guys getting? and can you list them, is it because your trying to reinstall IF again or just getting new errors when there was none before?

Mod is maintained on PW6 as is the files needed for the manual install,I would like to say its the patches for Arma3 itself that breaks some things and the

IFA3 team currently is working on fixes and other misc things.

So since the install guide is from Dec 2013, and the Mod and required mods are still being updated. I recon i should launch it with (i'm currently have) @IFA3SA. and are downloading All in arma Lite since i already had a combined mod with CBA,AIA, terrain pack, some ascz map files etc. and it didn't work launching it with that. (which i can understand,since it's personalised for our community events.) So back on track: As a first time install i launch it with @IFA3SA @AllINArmaLite @Cba? Or should i also launch it with @CUP @JASDG_JR since it automatically downloads with All in arma? I really don't see the need for cup in IF since most of the weapons are post WW2. And i also don't know why Play with six don't register that CUP & Joint rails is in my mod folder already. Really exited to get to try this,been looking at it for a long time. I guess i just have to try and launch it with the mods mentioned in the setup guide,if not i just have to play around launching with the containing mods. Also any recommended mods/addons to use once i have gotten it to work? I will start playing around with the campaign,then eventually jump in to multiplayer. So i don't know if things like AGM JSRS are compatible or what. Any advice would be appreciated.

Either follow the wiki or my IFA3 tutorial http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

What your trying wont work, you need specific files in a specific order. Welcome to BIS forums btw!

================

Currently updating my tutorial that will have all required files (except the IF mod) downloadable from the MR, as well as updated information/rewording ect,.

of the steps to help you all new to IFA3 or doing a reinstall to get a clearer idea of what to do, allowing you an easier and faster installation of the mod.

Edited by Günter Severloh

Thanks. Will try to get it to work,when i have got the motivation :)

Hi All

I have just released another version of IFA3 Co 14 Automatic Drive onto my steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=438895717

This time I have used revive script rather than no respawn. In particular I have used PsycoBastard's Arma Injury System (AIS) which allows any player and AI to revive a player if they are not too badly injured to be fatal.

In addition, I have added in a restricted IFA3 Red Army Virtual Arsenal System at the starting point.

Enjoy and again as always, I am happy for this mission to be hosted or linked to another site.

So a quick question also. I recon there are no vanilla sp campaigns included in the converted mod? And the sp campaigns has to be downloaded for instance here (http://www.missionrepository.com/) after the files are converted? My Iron front (Game) is v.165.0.0 Should i revert it back to 1.05? I don't know if i have converted it now or not (i'm so confused),i can see the iron front maps in the arma editor. Thanks your guide is a bit more helpful seems like i'm need the IFA3 as well. I will do this the manual way i'm so fed up with pws now,it won't let me launch AIA SA lite without CUP and can't seem to remove it from the folder. It just comes back automatically if a drag AIA back in a collection. I guess i'm just spoiled with ArmA3Sync. Files i have. @IFA3SA v2.0.0.1 , @AIAsaLite v4.5.1 @CBA-A3 v1.1.20.150416. So i will get @IFA3 as well and try to Patch the mod. Should have tried it the manual way from the start. Fingers crossed,and again thanks so much for the guide.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

For conversion to arma 3 Do i put the A3 pathway in A2OA location? I put it in the Location for temp folder? http://puu.sh/hFdeL.jpg I got the @IF in A2 but not in A3 directory.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Well got it to work now somewhat. So thank so much for the Guide Günter Severloh. Manual install ftw! I don't know what got me into even try to go the pws route. But then you came in with the install guide and boom! Awesome dude,i get the iron front start screen in A3 and i see some missions in the campaign, and some in scenarios like D-day etc. So tonight i will just play around with Iron front A3 for the first time :)

I recon there are no vanilla sp campaigns included in the converted mod? And the sp campaigns has to be downloaded for instance

here (http://www.missionrepository.com/) after the files are converted?

Let me give you a different perspective on the conversion of the IF.

Basically when you use the tool to convert your IF to a mod it makes a copy of your game and then reformats it while adding some other files for compatibility.

IF itself the vanilla game that is has an .IFA extension on all its files so the vanilla game cannot be read byt the Arma3 engine, during the conversion these files in the new copy the extension is turned into .pbo which is the extension that Arma3 can read, so after the conversion is complete you end up with @IF in your Arma3 directory which is just a copy of your vanilla IF, the only missions and campaigns that are available with the mod are those that were converted from the original (vanilla) game so you will have sp and mp, as well as campaign for both Germans and Russians.

The campaigns on my website (Mission Repository, MR for short) are new campaigns that can be played only by changing the file extensions

on the files so rename the .IFA to .pbo and it should work, but I'm not 100% sure for IFA3, they will work in IFA2 (Arma2CO version of IF).

Apart from the big difference from the Arma2CO models which vanilla IF is based, Arma3 has updated models so tbh idk if the campaigns will work in IFA3.

My Iron front (Game) is v.165.0.0 Should i revert it back to 1.05? I don't know if i have converted it now or not (i'm so confused)

Its a good and common question asked, but review this thread and it will answer your question: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/patches-6538462?trail=#6

Btw IF Fan Forums are like the Official Iron Front forums created in 2013 after the official IF forums went down, so most of the work for IFA2, mods, ect,. have been done here,

also official forums of the former IFR Mod team that helped make IFA2 happen, as well as for the MR.

Thanks your guide

Welcome, its based on the manual version of the wiki for installation, I just like to outline and simplify, and or reword some things for those that may have a harder

time misunderstanding the wiki or having trouble with PW6, but im in the process of updating the guide with all the required files you need even the @IFA3m which normally

you get from the 1st patch, only thing is I will not link the game itself otherwise I'd get into trouble, you need to own IF and convert it for the rest of the files to be of any use.

For conversion to arma 3 Do i put the A3 pathway in A2OA location?

Yes, and dont worry about the temp folder that setup by the converter automatically.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

IFA3 manual installation Tutorial updated http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

with links from the MR except @IF, @IFA3SA, @CBA_A3

the 2 are linked to other sites to download them, @IF you have to convert your own Iron Front to get.

Yep awesome. Registered a account at if fan forums. The vanilla campaign did work. Everything loads up just fine,runs good,no errors. But i had a bug after the training period. When the first mission is about to start,and the Russian plane comes flying in (the cut scene) it just got stuck in a tree and locked up the game. Loaded back in and it loaded back in to the same scene and my character got stuck floating in a tree as well. lol. Tried to redo the training mission,but the same thing happened. Plane stuck in a tree during the cut scene and locks up the game. This could probably be caused by multiple reasons,like the new arma3 update that came out today,or i have screwed something up. But for some reason the plane was flying much lower then it was supposed to,and this happens right after the scene where the antiaircraft gun was shooting at the plane. And somewhat earlier then the plane are supposed to drop the paratroopers over that town. http://puu.sh/hFyhC.jpg And here 's a pic from when i loaded in again after the first "Bug" when game locked up. http://puu.sh/hFynw.jpg Second attempt

Edited by Cid1

ya mission might be bugged, but theres a ton of em on my site you can try.

Have some news for the IFA3 community, i finished my IFA3 weaponssites zoom addon, see my release thread for it:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/weaponsite-zoom-for-ifa3-release-7178372?pid=1285145399#post1285145399

Also posted on the MRNEWs, and the MR Steam group.

What errors are you guys getting? and can you list them, is it because your trying to reinstall IF again or just getting new errors when there was none before?

Mod is maintained on PW6 as is the files needed for the manual install,I would like to say its the patches for Arma3 itself that breaks some things and the

IFA3 team currently is working on fixes and other misc things.

I had IF installed previously via PW6 and removed as usual folder (not through PW6). Mine was "Addon AiA_Effects_IF requires addon AiA_Effects" message box at startup, and "No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FunctionsManager.scope" in main menu and in editor. When trying to preview some map with a unit (no matter whether from IF or vanilla) I get a loading screen and then game returns back to editor with message "Script ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\MPFramework.sqf not found".

Another guy who downloaded lite version had the same errors, he managed to fix the issue by adding all required mods into a new collection manually. I figured out that replacing @IFA3SA with @AllInArmaTerrainPack in the startup line causes these errors to appear again but I'm pretty sure that there was only IF-related mods in PW6 collection that I tried to launch earlier.

Yet another guy said that patches have failed to install because they couldn't detect IF installation or something like this. He somehow fixed the issue but I'm not sure how exactly. Finally, the third guy had "Addon AiA_Infantry_IF requires addon LIB_sov_characters" warning and "bin\config.bin/cfgExtended_HUD/LIB_M4A3_75/Layers/Vehicle/Layers/ltrack/: Cannot find base class 'ltrack'" critical error.

We were able, however, to get the mod up and running by removing all @IF... folders from Arma 3, checking IF integrity in Steam (1 file was corrupted and had to be redownloaded in my case) and carefully following your tutorial (many thanks for it! :)).

Günter what you know about this Mod @ GEIST_A3 and where it can be downloaded

Edited by lelik

I was told i'd find the americans in the independent faction, however i fail to find anything other than the AAF and the polish faction in there. i was wondering what i'd done wrong? everything else appears to work and i do have the LIB_DLC_1 folder

How can I disable the WW2 effect map in Editor ?

Not 100% sure on what your referring too, nothing I know of in the editor that has an effect, can you be more specific or provide more details?

Günter what you know about this Mod @ GEIST_A3 and where it can be downloaded

Not available yet, Joarius who's the author is still working on it, so when it does become available you can get it on the MR under the IFA3 section (link in my sig).

Welcome to Bis forums btw!

I was told i'd find the americans in the independent faction, however i fail to find anything other than the AAF and the polish faction in there. i was wondering what i'd done wrong?

everything else appears to work and i do have the LIB_DLC_1 folder

Do you have the mod loaded in your startup parameter like this?:

@CBA_A3;@IF;@LIB_DLC_1;@IFA3SA;@ifa3m;@IFA3

If that dont work I dont know what to tell you it should load, but if not then you can always try the lite version which worked for me as

I actually had an issue with the DLC when i did my conversion for IFA3 a while back so i just got the lite version of it and have it np,

if you want to try that then heres the link to download it:

http://if-missionrepository.com/MR-Mission%20Repository/IFA3%20Files/DDay%20DLC%20Lite%20Version.rar

Welcome to Bis forums btw!

Hi All

I have just released another version of IFA3 Co15 Op Tenacity onto my steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441277776

This time I have used revive script rather than no respawn. In particular I have used PsycoBastard's Arma Injury System (AIS) which allows any player and AI to revive a player if they are not too badly injured to be fatal.

In addition, I have added in a restricted IFA3 US Army Virtual Arsenal System at the starting point.

Enjoy and again as always I am happy for this mission to be hosted or linked to another site.

Further details of the missions as follows:

IFA3 Co15 Op Tenacity Revive

Required Mods

This mission requires that you have the Iron Front and the D-Day DLC mods for Arma 3 (either full or FREE lite versions) installed to play this.

This mission uses Omaha Beach map.

Tasks

Your tasks are to move from the FOB area to clear the 4 forward locations of enemy forces. Then move to the village area to destroy enemy assets. Including 3 PAK40s, tank and a radio mast. In this CO-OP/SP mission, you play a US 15 man combined arms assault team, operating in the Omaha Beach area in 1944, fighting German forces. The team consists of a 9, 2 & 1 man US Army squads.

Resources

In addition, there is a sherman tank, with 2 playable slots, which infantry can ride on the back if required (under high command if needed). There is also a 1 man flyable P47 support aircraft, with service assets near its airfield. (under high command if needed) Furthermore there is a 2 man playable mortar/artillery team, whom also have access to a towable anti-tank if needed. (under high command if needed).

Lastly, there is a 2 man sniper/spotter team, for recon' purpose and elimination of HVTs. (under high command if needed) The FOB, has a restricted US Arma (WW2 only) virtual arsenal system box, which has explosives, back packs, static weapons and limited, none respawnable vehicles, including a half-track.

Enemy

Enemy forces consist of elements of Waffen SS and Heer, are operating a defensive strategy in the AO. Expect upto 2 companies in the AO, with an extremely well defended area around the village, including 3 PAK40 anti tank guns, several MG42 nests, mortar, entrenched infantry and a tank of unknown type.

Support

It's important to note here, that only leader, of Sadist squad, has Zeus control of Iron Front in Arma 3 assets only and has radio support control of artillery if needed. Also, please note that at the spawn start, players have the option of para-dropping into a selected map position if needed.

Revive

When players die, I have used PsycoBastard's Arma Injury System (AIS), which allows any player and AI to revive a player if they are not too badly injured to be fatal.

Changeable Mission Parameters and Using Teamspeak 3 Plugin Radio Mods

Finally, the mission admin/lead when logged in, can change the mission parameters to suit their needs. This also includes time of day, weather, fog, AI Skills, options to run ACRE or Task Force Radio Mods.

Mission Credits *** Mission by Chief from Alpha Squad. ***

Made with F3 (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/en/)

Paradrop Script by TayUK (http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/p...post1281855511)

UPSMON Updated to ArmaIII by Cool=Azroul13 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ted-to-ArmaIII)

Foggy Breath Script by TPW (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ath-Fog-Script)

ZBE_Cache AI and Vehicle caching by zorrobyte http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179777-ZBE_Cache-AI-amp-Vehicle-caching-script-addon

CH View Distance Script by champ-1 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185770-CH-View-Distance-Script

A3 Wounding System by Psychobastard http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170975-A3-Wounding-System

Iron Front Mod in Arma 3 by Kju and his team.

Enjoy the mission and I am happy to receive feedback.

Edited by the chief

"How can I disable the WW2 effect map in Editor ?

Not 100% sure on what your referring too, nothing I know of in the editor that has an effect, can you be more specific or provide more details?"

Eh no sorry it's my bad, It is just my installation which was fucked :p

No, everything work perfectly, it's really cool :D

Are there multiplayer servers for this and are they still alive?

Are there multi-player servers for this and are they still alive?

Hi mate. I think that these servers are up permanently:

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/197677

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/231426

http://arma3.swec.se/server/data/235726

Happy to play with you or anyone else into iron front in arma 3

Just message me when you want to get a mission on.

Quick question, is there anyway I can used Iron Front to just get the units, vehicles and weapons? I remember trying this a while back and had all the weird running animations and Iron Front interface on top. Again I basically just want ArmA3 but with WW2 stuff

Why my friends from the clan while playing in IFA3 have a compass from Army 3, and I have a compass from Iron Front Liberation 1944