.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

You might want to add a link to buying IF on the first post:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91330/

Also I really think that someone should launch a kickstarter to fund securing the IP from publisher for a proper port onto A3 (fully-paid role for Kju?).

Although I don't have IF3 sales numbers, I honestly think that the time is right (A3 finally matured as platform + many years since RO2, I44, H&D2 = strong market) for a good-quality sandbox WW2 simulator.

My guess for success would require at least German, Russian, British & American units (Eastern Front + Northern Europe).

Then maybe add other nations (Italy, Japan, Canada, ANZACS, partisans) and theatres (North Africa, Southern Europe, SE Asia, Pacific) as DLC.

Also I think that a campaign, half a dozen SP and dozen MP missions would be important.

It would be great if the campaign and/or MP missions were COOP.

What would be really important would be to underline atmosphere of the time and how infantry warfare was so different - hardly any radios, only officers had "luxuries" such as pistols, maps, watches and/or binoculars. Obviously no drones, NVGs, nor body armour! Yet many aspects remained dreadfully familiar (dilemma of wounded soldiers, impact of weather on visibility and fatigue, importance of discipline & tactic).

Edited by domokun

You might want to add a link to buying IF on the first post:

I think i'll add one to the MR, idk why i dont have one on there yet, always try to find more things and ways to support IF and make

the site more everything IF in one place sorta of thing.

Also I really think that someone should launch a kickstarter to fund securing the IP from publisher for a proper port onto A3 (fully-paid role for Kju?).

its an idea, thats if kju feels up to doing it, but hes not doing all the work, I think if he accepted it he should choose the people interested in helping that have skills and be able to pay them. DS aint doing nothing for the game but selling it, only people supporting the game is the few on the IFA3 team working on stuff, myself with hosting missions and files, and supporting the community whereever I can, then you have those that have server's setup too.

But a full port eliminating the installation headache and running everything through steam like the game, the game could be like a huge DLC, if you already have

it then plug in, wouldn't be fair to have to buy IF again.

But I'd be for it, get rid of all the mods required and just plug the game into Arma3, and update through steam, that would be ideal, I think alot more people would buy the DLC of it because its different then the normal DLC.

Now that i think of it maybe not dlc but an expansion to the game? nah, i like the DLC idea, what you guys think?

I can't get this working for the life of me. Would someone be able to take a little time and help me out?

Hello Praetor80, Welcome to BIS forums and the IFA3 thread ;)

Question for you, did you follow the wiki for Play with Six, or do the manual install?

See the wiki here: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/Setup_guide_for_Arma_3_version

Heres a IFA3 Installation tutorial I put together a while back for another member if it helps you.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

Lastly whats the situation for you, having trouble understanding what to do, patch issues?

Edited by Günter Severloh

the IP is owned only to Deep Silver or other companies like AWAR and X!?

the idea like a3 DLC is very good and a kickstarter strategy is the only way ........ could use the EU media programme for video games, and other funds .........

Gunter,

I got it working after watching the youtube tutorial. My problem was that I had it pointing to the arma 2 directory. I would really like to find some people to play with.

will we be seeing this updated for weapon deployment/resting? due to the lack of memory point on the models you sink into the ground when you do it prone

Kerc Kasha -

I posted your question on the official IFA3 Team Skype group and will see if I get a response and get back to you, hopefully they can answer, unless kju has an idea.

Hey guys I had updated the Official wiki for Iron front:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Iron_Front:_Liberation_1944

spent about 4 hours on it as I had to update a few other pages relevant to it, I felt the way the wiki was, was seriously lacking information and "soul" if you will,

and personally I found it (no pun intended here) half ass.

Kerc Kasha -

I posted your question on the official IFA3 Team Skype group and will see if I get a response and get back to you, hopefully they can answer, unless kju has an idea.

Hey guys I had updated the Official wiki for Iron front:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Iron_Front:_Liberation_1944

spent about 4 hours on it as I had to update a few other pages relevant to it, I felt the way the wiki was, was seriously lacking information and "soul" if you will,

and personally I found it (no pun intended here) half ass.

if you guys need any help with it I can do it, takes like 2 seconds if you got the source mlods

A few issues I noticed. None of the army groups are spawnable. The russian halftrack thing (whatever it is called) crashes the game.

Also, couldn't you just combine the essential patches into the mod and leave the DLC patches seperate? Seems like a lot of work just for this. Though the end result was worth it.

Kerc Kasha, I got an answer for your question from Lennard on the IFA3 team, he says:

Haven't looked into it yet, but should be easy to accomplish

Mannulus, getting back to you late, sorry, report the problems or issues you find here: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/issues

You'll need an account, or I can report it for you.

couldn't you just combine the essential patches into the mod and leave the DLC patches seperate?

Personally I think thats a good idea to just combined the patches and have one patch, although the download for it may be bigger, but if you had only one patch then only one thing needed to apply.

I'd also suggest having the patch instead or aside an application to have it in an rar so that a person like myself who prefers everything manual can move the files to the designated folder.

Idk would like to know what Kju thought about it.

Kerc Kasha, I got an answer for your question from Lennard on the IFA3 team, he says:

Cool thanks for that

playwithsix is spamming errors about missing files in the dlc, is there a step i missed?

Edit- it just fixed itself, weird.

Edited by icarus86

"Haven't looked into it yet, but should be easy to accomplish "...

Cool... good to know...

I already did ask myself, how those new functionalities would interfere with the IF- units.

Please also note... that IF already had it's own bipod- deployment- system...

No idea how this is going to work with the new bipod system... ?

Anyways, keep on working and see ya around xD...

Greetz.

---------- Post added at 01:35 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

The russian halftrack thing (whatever it is called) crashes the game.

I just tested the M3 Halftrack version... the M3 Scout version and the captured German 251'er...

None of them crashes my game... :confused:

Greetz.

Edited by GottMitUns
Edit

it seems, that after the incoming DLC+update most MP/MG need a rework of recoil and the Rifles more recoil/sway or the resting & deploy feature is useless for IF :(

Edited by TeilX

It is time to update the mod due to new stable version of ARMA3.

I thought development of this mod had either ceased or extremely slowed down as announced by Kju, some weeks ago.

Lennard is updating the weapon models.

all guns still have issue of no recoil since ARMA3 has updated to V1.42.

@BIS DEVS: I already own everything under the sun relating to ARMA including IF'44, A2, OA, and A3. That said I would pay MONEY for a proper IF'44 DLC (for Arma 3), just so I could free up some hard drive space and not worry about mod compatibility. How cool it would be to have IF in A3 with the ability to utilize Zeus, MCC, etc. I miss WW2...