.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Havent tried it against tanks, they should do fine against reg vehicles, and armored vehicles.

Havent tried it against tanks, they should do fine against reg vehicles, and armored vehicles.

Nice, i am going to DL this when you release it, looks neat!

...this I am looking forward to.

I'm not posting any more missions until it's been released. Simple as :)

Glad you guys are excited about this as much as I am, tbh I haven't had this much fun in a while with Arma3, but more specifically Iron front.

But keep your eyes on the IF Fan Forums WIP thread for IFA3WarMod as I'm planning

a couple more vids this week, maybe more now that I have a program to compress my videos, my next vid will demonstrate

some more features along with a few more weapons like this

Just trying to figure out how it works atm.

Glad you guys are excited about this as much as I am, tbh I haven't had this much fun in a while with Arma3, but more specifically Iron front.

But keep your eyes on the .................... CUT ...........

Goodi goodi

why is there still no public servers for this game?

hello i have a small problem with the tanks because when a tank is damaged in a dry caterpillars after the second oberwaniu it is renewed .how to fix it?

hello i have a small problem with the tanks because when a tank is damaged in a dry caterpillars after the second oberwaniu it is renewed .how to fix it?

I assume you mean the tracks get shot off but after a little bit they reappear back on the tank?

If so, hopefully it will be fixed in the upcoming patch by Kju

@ ALL

We are looking for a few very dedicated tester (SP+MP) for the next patch.

Mainly about grenade throwing, mine usage and FPS drop due to grenade FX.

Please PM me if serious.

Guys either I'm blind or its just old age in general but for the life of me i can't see a download link at all.

Any help appreciated :)

Hi Dexadrinne Welcome to Bis forums!

For IFA3 there is no download link specifically, IFA3 is done through a conversion process of your own Iron Front game, see my Q & A about it

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-a-mod-in-arma3-information-6998421?trail=15

Similar to what was posted on the front page with just a few more details.

As for installation and setup you have 2 ways to do it, either the automatic way through PW6 (Play with Six)

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/lib-issue-tracker/wiki/IFA3_Play_withSIX_install

or the manual way (my tutorial):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565

Welcome to the community and Iron Front!

Thxs for the reply.

So if i right mouse click in SIX on Iron Front in ArmA3 - @IFA3 Full conversion 34.09MB And add to collection it should grab everything i need?

Cause i see a hellva lot of iron front files.

Regards

PS

Or should i just use you're way via http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3&p=2835565&viewfull=1#post2835565 that you posted?

Also can you tell me what this SA is? I see this a fair bit while looking.

Edited by Dexadrinne

Welcome,

Cant really help you with the Pw6 version as i dont use it nor have it setup, but it should, maybe someone else can better

answer your question with details for the Pw6 version.

For the manual way its up to you but you need everything in the steps there, the SA stands for Standalone its basically a full version by itself, you will need that,

when your all setup and ready to play and launch the game with IFA3 then your shortcut or whatever you are using to start the game with should have the following:

@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3

@CBA_A3 is required

@LIB_DLC_1 is the DDay DLC if you dont have the DLC then you can get the optional lite version which i linked in step 5

@IF is basically your vanilla Iron front converted to a mod through the conversion tool

@IFA3SA is the Standalone version of AIA if i remember correctly has alot of stuff required

@IFA3M is added to your Arma3 directory after you apply i think it was patch v1.10 or 1.12 i forget but basically after you apply the patches (this is for infantry aspects if i recall)

@IFA3 is I think the compatability mod, with some other things, again i forget.

Anyways you need them all for the mod to work.

Now if you have Arma2CO and you'd like to play Iron front in that then all you need to do is the conversion (use the tool) and convert

your game and then basically the startup for that is just:

@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@IF

or @CBA_CO;@IF

as you can see the arma2CO version requires much less only because Iron front itself is on an engine version of arma2CO, so IFA3 takes alot more

to run but once you have it setup and patched it plays fine!

Gunter, is it possible to use the uniforms and vests from IFA3 without using the rest of the mod? Would be good to create a post WW2 Nazi's escaped to South America type mission.

Late reply, I'm sure you can but I believe you would need to locate the files for the uniforms, but overall I really cant help you but

let me ask a couple guys i know and I'll get back to you.

Hi, sorry I didn't follow all the discussion but I have some problems with this mod.

First I have no recoil in weapons. Some tanks can't move correctly. Is this known issue or just on my end?

Wansec_6, Back I asked in the IFA3 skype group team and they said depends if any of the pbos have any dependencies on them, so it may or may not be possible thats the thing as you would have to first locate those files and then see if they are connected with any other, so some research is needed to be done on your part, about all i can tell you.

Hi, sorry I didn't follow all the discussion but I have some problems with this mod.

First I have no recoil in weapons. Some tanks can't move correctly. Is this known issue or just on my end?

Yes there is currently a no recoil issue, among other things, as for tanks can you give a bit of detail of how they are not moving correctly?

Is it when you are driving, commanding them, or observing them as a soldier?

Thanks for the reply Gunter. Will have an experiment and see how I go.

Good Morning all,

I'm a long term Arma 2 and 3 player but felt a lack of WW2 games recently. This seems to fit the bill perfectly

I normally play with a friend on the dayz/overpoch type servers.

I've bought Iron front and computer is in the process of converting it right now. Just wondering how the multiplayer works? Is it just co-op missions or is it easy to hop online and find a server for more of a traditional deathmatch type game?

Thanks in advance, Graham

Hi Gunter, thanks for the reply.

Having a bit of trouble finding any servers? Guess this might end up being a co-op with just me and my buddy