HAL 1.22 (Dropbox)

HAL 1.22 (Zippyshare)

PDF manual

HAL 1.23 wip for testing purposes. New config variables listed here

HAL development is continued in new directions by @NinjaRider600 :

HAL NR6 Edition

NR6 Pack

INTRODUCTION

HAL is intended to enliven the battlefield of Arma 3 the same way a human leader would operate. HAL does not deal with the manner in which orders are executed (unit level), but mainly deals with the issuing of orders. In other words, this addon gives one or both sides of a conflict a field-commander level AI.

HAL control is mostly based on issuing waypoints, and as much as possible HAL avoids interfering with low-level AI. In other words, HAL focuses on giving orders, rather than on the way in which orders will be executed.

HAL gives new, higher level AI, rather than changing the existing AI. There are only a very few exceptions to this rule, and generally these are optional. HAL should therefore enrich the gaming experience with new features, without conflicts with other addons. HAL is intended to complement their effects rather than to compete with them for control over units (at least for those addons that do not mess with waypoints).

HAL can serve as an instant battle generator as well as a general player opponent, or as base for complex missions and/or gameplay modes.

Addon version requires Community Base Addons.

-----

USAGE

To activate HAL for one side, one of the units of that side must be named LeaderHQ. Essential also is the placement on the map of any object (for example, an empty trigger) named RydHQ_Obj1. The location is entirely your choice. Its position will designate a target point which the Artificial Commander will try to conquer at first (for example, a spot near the leader of the opposing side).

Analogously, there should be placed in freely chosen areas (eg in cities, strategic positions or simply nearby opposite Leader) three other objectives (RydHQ_Obj2, RydHQ_Obj3, RydHQ_Obj4), which will be conquered in numerical order. If the mission designer wants less than four objectives, then simply place the unneeded objectives at same position as the ultimate objective.

For the script version only, to initialize HAL the following code should also be executed in some way, e.g., by placing the following script in the init field of any object (for example, in the activation field of an empty trigger or waypoint):

nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf";

Alternatively, that line may be placed at the end of a mission's init.sqf. Init.sqf is recommended place for init config variables (beacuse of better readability), especially for bigger configs, eg containing RHQ arrays.

See included manual for all details, and there is lots of them.

-----

ALTERNATIVE SOUND SETS FOR RADIO CHATTER

SoundSets (4)

-----

TO DO

-----

MY THANKS

To all people, that helped me earlier with HAC and did first steps towards Hetman in A3 before me. But especially those, who funded me Arma 3 game, so I could release HAL so soon.

-----

SAMPLE MISSIONS

HETMAN: War Stories

-----

BUG REPORTING

Any feedback, ideas, bug reports are highly appreciated. This allows me to develop Hetman further and faster. You can expect even faster fixing, if bug is reported properly. That means exact and detailed description of the problem and circumstancies of its occurance, any suspicious RPT logs. In most cases crucial is provided repro mission. That means uploaded, ready-to-play mission without any addon dependencies except HAL (so also CBA, bug must occur without any other addons), where I can reliably see reported bug "in action". Such repro is huge help. Helpful is also info about overall circumstancies, like kind of gameplay (single, server, dedi, client...), version of HAL (addon/script), game branch (stable/dev), if PC is good enough for Arma 3...

-----

Addon was created "by player for players", source scripts you can freely modify, copy, "cannibalize", to use in your projects. It is released under APL-SA license. I'll be grateful for notification about each such usage. Voice acting: DuddBudda, SiC_Disaster, nettrucker.

Enjoy being under control.

Rydygier

• Like 12

Putting the AWE back into AWESOME ! Thanks Ryd .. glad you are still here.

• Like 1

So excited to see this return. I have been missing it for awhile now. ArmA is not the same without hetman.

Thanks a lot for sending the release our way :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great, thanks, Foxhound! :)

I'm happy, you're glad, people. Have tested more BB demo and found for now two problems:

- Player as TL under HAL control sometimes is stuck without orders, still is pointed by internal variable as "Busy", what means, that he probably never get any order. This is result of some "dormant" HAC's issue, that now, after some changes, is awaken.

-Another problem was RPT errors when cargo vehicle is destroyed during transportation mission on the way to pick up infantry.

Both are fixed for HAL 1.01. Expect new version soon. :)

Edited by Rydygier

^This man has skills!

Congratualtions on the release Ryd! Awesome!

I also like HAL, just watched 2001 space odysee some weeks ago after a long time ;)

Thanks for releasing. :)

If someone has an interesting 'hac-freeroam-war-mission' please share it!

one of the best addons for arma2, for singleplayer a must have. now for arma3 thanks a lot :bounce3:

Thank you Rydygier.

On the demo mission on Altis, the files are not included included in the mission and it looks like the last line of the init is preventing HAL from launching.

//nul = [] execVM  "RydHQInit.sqf";

For anyone who is not familiar with formatting sqf files (such as the init), just remove the two // so the line is not excluded. Remember to add the RYD_HAC folder and the RydHQInit.swf into the mission's folder.

Edited by Lucidity

Cool beans Ryd. Congrats on the release. Tested it earlier and is what I remember. Love it.

Thank you Rydygier.

On the demo mission on Altis, the files are not included included in the mission and it looks like the last line of the init is preventing HAL from launching.

//nul = [] execVM  "RydHQInit.sqf";

For anyone who is not familiar with formatting sqf files (such as the init), just remove the two // so the line is not excluded. Remember to add the RYD_HAC folder and the RydHQInit.swf into the mission's folder.

The demo's are supposed to be used with the ADDON version but this is a way to get the demo to work with the script version.

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Rydygier,

Been testing a little bit. Mostly really good as expected.

I did find that your markers for the player tasks mostly weren't working or mostly were shown on the map as: "BIS_fnc_setObjectVar_Object1 - DEFEND POSITION" for example. Only once did I see it displayed properly with the group name and player name. Not sure if that is just a syntax issue in the script somewhere.

This was using the Altis demo.

Glad to see this has been updated! Thanks Ryd! Are the class names for A3 still to be added to RHQLibrary.sqf? Or are they meant to be duplicated into all the HQSitRep*.sqf files?

PS. I started dumping the script version into a Github repo to try and track changes here: https://github.com/vigilvindex/RYD_HAC/commits/master

A mod I dearly loved. It's great to see it make a comback. Thank you.

Released HAL 1.01

Changelog:

- fixed issue: no orders for human TL;

- fixed issue: RPT errors when cargo destroyed during transport mission.

I also like HAL, just watched 2001 space odysee some weeks ago after a long time

Yes, It is great movie. One of the best SF ever. I like old SF also because I can compare their expectations about future with reality. :) So when one user suggested such name, I could not resist. And Space Odyssey

! I love it. If there would be any place for music in HAL, I would use it definitelly. Pity, that I can't prepare any promo video for HAL, would be perfect such music there (plus: odyssey -> Greece -> A3).
I did find that your markers for the player tasks mostly weren't working or mostly were shown on the map as: "BIS_fnc_setObjectVar_Object1 - DEFEND POSITION" for example.

Hmm. Never saw such thing in the demos... At least yesterday. :) "Problem" with A3 is, that it is still under dynamic development. Do you by a chance use dev branch instead of stable (there are such things, right? Only heard about). "BIS_fnc_setObjectVar_Object1" looks like name of BI function instead of unit name, so this is nothing from HAL side... But I'll by watchful about that. Thanks for report.

There are however some problems in 1.0 for player missions generated by HAL, described earlier, so I'll upload fixed 1.01 now.

The demo's are supposed to be used with the ADDON version but this is a way to get the demo to work with the script version.

Exactly. Demos not consist scripts and are for addon version. I left this line commented just to show, how to exec script version if this is script version. But Lucidity has a point - not all knows, what "//" means...

Are the class names for A3 still to be added to RHQLibrary.sqf?

No need to add them anywhere. Default rhqs in the SitReps cover whole A3 content (I hope) instead of A2's. RHQLibrary.sqf at the moment is only a "relic" still containing A2 DLC's classes, kept for the future use for A3 DLC units.

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

PS. I started dumping the script version into a Github repo to try and track changes

Great, thanks for that, very nicely shows all changes made. May I paste link into first thread post for interested people?

Edited by Rydygier

Grats, gread work for years! Is it possible to implement Headless Client? So the HC could be the commander? :P

The manual is kinda hard to read with the drawn guy on the background of every page :P

The manual is kinda hard to read with the drawn guy on the background of every page :P

Agree with this. Can we put it to google docs like for HAC A2?

Also can we include in future releases an RHQ Config check sqf, with perhaps an in-game

hint "hey kurwa you forgot some classnames, check RPT file";

when we have a classname not known to HAL ? Would be VERY useful :cool:

BTW Great work so far, will be making tons of missions with this.

Yesterday i lived the feeling of "being hunted"

I was testing LeaderHQ's reactions-making a Sabotage Hit-and-run action with an RPG hit on a fully equipped airport.

(The magic is shown when you enable "Debug")

Without further scripting he had hunted me in entire map with excellent tactics.

Artillery/IFV's/Attack choppers/Troops/Flanking..everything worked like a charm.

Congratulations man.

Grats, gread work for years! Is it possible to implement Headless Client? So the HC could be the commander? :P

If only I had any idea, what is the HC thingy... :) Really, only heard about such thing. Do not know, what is this, how it is working and why... I can only say, that HAL in general is pure server/dedi side, only sporadic will remotely call some thing on clients. Really I and MP does not like nor understand each other very much... :)

Haha, if you say so. I can of course remove general Patton from manual or leave him only on title page instead of watermark on every page.

Agree with this. Can we put it to google docs like for HAC A2?

Also can we include in future releases an RHQ Config check sqf, with perhaps an in-game

OK, both get on my "to do" list.

Edited by Rydygier