TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

When I scroll down, there is nothing which says laser designator, and i cant find ATFLIR in the service menu as well. Did I install the mod incorrectly? or is there a special button to activate the laser designator? Thank you!

great mod by the way.

When I scroll down, there is nothing which says laser designator, and i cant find ATFLIR in the service menu as well. Did I install the mod incorrectly? or is there a special button to activate the laser designator? Thank you!

great mod by the way.

It only shows up on the F/A 18F.

Yop All , just to report few error with the F-18.

=> GBU-12 problem :

issue :In multiplayer when you are flying with the F version, your WSO can not guide GBU12 with the ATFLIR.

=> Flaps problem :

issue : On the F-18 that you have created the leading edge flaps are moving like elevator with elevator.

Check the N°1 :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/800px-Slat_A319_colore.jpg

In game : when you push on the stick, the elevator is moving down (it is normal). but leading edge flaps are also moving down (it is not correct). Leading edge flaps are not moving with the stick but with the speed (and angle of attack) or with manual switch.

@Gavin = Laser Designater is a weapon and not an action menu option. You will need to cycle weapons on the F/A-18 F version with the ATFLIR pod mounted.

@Izaiak = You need to elaborate more on your GBU issue. What mods are you using besides the F18? Are you self designating? etc etc.

As for the leading edge flaps this will be fixed in a later update.

Can somone help me implement the loudout script into my mission? cant seem to make my tiny brain work it out.

Awesome work on these jets. I noticed when I placed an "E" model on the USS Nimitz deck and then tried to set the skin texture (insert provided scripts in the unit Init field), most of the plane becomes invisible except for the wings and bomb racks. "F" model skins work perfectly.

@Jack & Warlord - lads download this sample mission. This is an easy way to get the custom FA18's in mission. Also regarding custom skins remember that you need a second PBO called js_jc_fa18_squads.pbo [the one with all the actual skins in it].

Hey, are they ever going to tweak the maneuverability, because i swear to you i could out maneuver an F-22, SU-37, and SU-50 in this thing. A little bit over kill with the turning.

Hey, are they ever going to tweak the maneuverability, because i swear to you i could out maneuver an F-22, SU-37, and SU-50 in this thing. A little bit over kill with the turning.

What sort of evidence is that lol? I've witnessed an F18C (not the super hornet like this) performing extreme high angle of attack maneuvers at Leuchars airshow in Scotland and it was very impressive, similar to the SU27's & F16's at the airshow. And this is the super hornet which is better in ever way, not equal to an F22/Su50/Typhoon but then this mod doesn't handle as they would.

The only slight issue I have with the flight model is that acceleration from standstill with afterburners seems a little too quick but baring that once airbourne imho it feels quite right.

Edited by rory_pamphilon

And in any case that comparison (F/A-18E/F vs. F-22A & PAK FA/T-50 & Typhoon) is also dependent on whatever their Arma 3 incarnations fly like...

/\ Basically this; without "BI Tools 3" -- which still has no ETA despite being announced (not under that name) -- we're just not going to get the mods that we could be.

i cant remember where but its sometime after 'survive' comes out

Now, lets watch it maneuver like that with a FULL Payload. =)

Seriously, a slight tweak, but in my opinion, it is tad over done with the maneuverability. Maybe an F-18 without a few guided weapons under its wing wouldn't do to bad maneuvering like that, but...

It should really be more along the lines of a minimum radius turn. And even that isn't with full payload. Matter a fact, that is zero payload, and less than 90-80% fuel.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Here are the innate problem with your argument. First ARMA's flight physics are WAY off from real life flight in multiple ways. This isn't because the engine cannot handle the flight characteristics but rather the game is simplified for commercial use essentially creating arcade gameplay rather then simulation. Atmosphere, gravity, wind, air pressure, weather, non of these actually effect the aircraft in flight. The reason you may feel that the aircraft is SUPER maneuverable in turns or the like is that you don't get the gravity or wind effects pushing back against the aircraft. The only real way you can notice that you are making super tight turns (which in RL would not be possible) is noticing your speed dropping to stall levels. If you tend to fly the aircraft like a normal pilot would (maintaining speed in turns, etc etc) then you will notice that the aircraft performs exactly as it should. Secondly this project is in dire need of the new mod tools for ARMA3. Much is left to be done in the flight model, features, and the like but cannot be completed due to the lack of new software (such as PhysX). Everything we have managed to pull off with the F18s has been done using the older tools. I ask that everyone be patient until those tools are released.

Now perhaps we can develop some sort of script that will allow the player to not over turn or over stress the aircraft (a governer of sorts). Keeping all of the maneuverability of the F-18 without the super unrealistic ARMA flight physics. Time will tell. For now, don't make 20 g plus turns :D

Here are the innate problem with your argument. First ARMA's flight physics are WAY off from real life flight in multiple ways. This isn't because the engine cannot handle the flight characteristics but rather the game is simplified for commercial use essentially creating arcade gameplay rather then simulation. Atmosphere, gravity, wind, air pressure, weather, non of these actually effect the aircraft in flight. The reason you may feel that the aircraft is SUPER maneuverable in turns or the like is that you don't get the gravity or wind effects pushing back against the aircraft. The only real way you can notice that you are making super tight turns (which in RL would not be possible) is noticing your speed dropping to stall levels. If you tend to fly the aircraft like a normal pilot would (maintaining speed in turns, etc etc) then you will notice that the aircraft performs exactly as it should. Secondly this project is in dire need of the new mod tools for ARMA3. Much is left to be done in the flight model, features, and the like but cannot be completed due to the lack of new software (such as PhysX). Everything we have managed to pull off with the F18s has been done using the older tools. I ask that everyone be patient until those tools are released.

Now perhaps we can develop some sort of script that will allow the player to not over turn or over stress the aircraft (a governer of sorts). Keeping all of the maneuverability of the F-18 without the super unrealistic ARMA flight physics. Time will tell. For now, don't make 20 g plus turns :D

Many people including developers want to see a better flight model. But the reason it is the wait is now is not because it's simplified but rather the lack of time and resources have caused it to stay the way it is. Though improvements are being made on the current flight model, down the line we may see a better and more realistic one come.

More teasers, Enjoy :D

Awww yeeeaaahh. Cannot wait! Your FA-18 mod has set a very high bar for others to aim at.

With your aircraft are you strictly planning on running current day set ups or will you consider developing the aircraft (weapons loadouts/skins etc) to match the Armaverse 2035 setting?

@SixOfficial - There a lots of videos on FA18's on the web where you can see high-G manovers with a loaded aircraft [

]. Also as Saul correctly stated game engine limits certain aspects of simulation. At this moment this is as close we can get, to a RL flight model of FA18 based on knowledge and feedback we have [by former US NAVY aviators]. Also you mentioned F22 and SU37 can you drop me a link where I can download those mods, might a missed them. I would love to test compatibility/compare flight models.

@Pete - both aircraft will receive upgrades to blend in with BI created A3 atmosphere. So CSAT camo it is.

Also I can assure others who might be concerned - that this flight model maybe with slight collision upgrades is here to stay, we discussed it way back and now it wont be changed unless BI changes the simulation level for fixed wing in general. When it comes to our new project then that will get a flight model that represents actual real life advantage of SU35 over FA18 in manuvrability to create more interesting gameplay.

@SixOfficial - There a lots of videos on FA18's on the web where you can see high-G manovers with a loaded aircraft [
]. Also as Saul correctly stated game engine limits certain aspects of simulation. At this moment this is as close we can get, to a RL flight model of FA18 based on knowledge and feedback we have [by former US NAVY aviators]. Also you mentioned F22 and SU37 can you drop me a link where I can download those mods, might a missed them. I would love to test compatibility/compare flight models.

@Pete - both aircraft will receive upgrades to blend in with BI created A3 atmosphere. So CSAT camo it is.

Also I can assure others who might be concerned - that this flight model maybe with slight collision upgrades is here to stay, we discussed it way back and now it wont be changed unless BI changes the simulation level for fixed wing in general. When it comes to our new project then that will get a flight model that represents actual real life advantage of SU35 over FA18 in maneuverability to create more interesting gameplay.

Do you think you can do a low visibility paint? In other words the camo would be shades of grey.

Many people including developers want to see a better flight model. But the reason it is the wait is now is not because it's simplified but rather the lack of time and resources have caused it to stay the way it is. Though improvements are being made on the current flight model, down the line we may see a better and more realistic one come.

This doesn't sound very plausible to me since there hasn't been an improvement in the fixed wing flight model since, like, ever.

We can only hope they are improving the flight model since they may be releasing a better aircraft, noted in one of the sitrep or spotreps.

Ez team. just wondering if anyone is having issues with the landing gear? I don't seem to be able to use it using the keybinding nor from the action menu as it is not there.

I've had a lot of problems with the tail hook not staying down. It likes to retract as soon as we touch wheels on the deck.

Would you consider making a mod for the A-143 that enables it to have Afterburner and make use of a similar Service Menu?

@TheLog - check your in game controls settings. gear is binded to default in game gear control

@James - not at the moment "Buzzard" and any upcoming aircraft from BI is not considered in any of our projects. Latter we shall see.

From my playing and testing the key bind for the afterburner is a toggle. Can you possibly make an option to only turn on for as long as the key is pressed?

Looking forward to the updates. Loving the detail.