TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

Yes. You, your brother, and the server all need to run the same version.

I could have sworn that we both had e exact same versions.

Ok, to answer all of the questions of why we chose the Su-35 over the war and peace list of other aircraft it really all comes down to capabilities, design, and story. We wanted an aircraft that would fit with the game and scope of ARMA 3's factions as well as give the F/A-18 E/F a run for it's money. For those who haven't seen the OPFOR aircraft teaser it will be no suprise why we will sorely need a solid OPFOR aircraft.

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q82/s720x720/1385670_601007869945947_1292814868_n.jpg Modified Yak-130 / FA-50 Hybrid which makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

More like "what did you expect the moment they said CAS plane"? :p It was going to be, at 'best' (air-to-air-wise) a bomb truck...

As for the rest, despite my initial disappointment I'm comfortable that you put forthright consideration to the Su-33/J-15/MiG-29K and that when you chose the Su-35 over them, you had a clear metric and a specific "choice of aircraft" criteria in mind, that you weren't going to go with the Su-33/MiG-29K unless Russia was involved in BI's campaign and that you were most wanting a F/A-18E/F air-to-air adversary. Based on that clarity, combined with Gnat's own assurance that if you "don't create an appropriate carrier version, yes, I'll consider doing such for ArmA3", I conditionally accept your decision. :D

I will note though that supposedly there was a Su-33K developed to "backport" the Su-35 capabilities to the Su-33, but the status of that program is unclear... however, if it turns out that the Indian Navy is somehow participating in CSAT (despite the highly "Iranian/Arab"-seeming infantry contingent), then I would please ask you to reconsider the current stance and give due consideration to releasing a MiG-29K, since India actually commissioned their first such squadron this year (twelve MiG-29K's plus four MiG-29KUBs) and has been doing up carrier/fighter testing on INS Vikramaditya.

More like "what did you expect the moment they said CAS plane"? :p It was going to be, at 'best' (air-to-air-wise) a bomb truck...

It could still be in the process of being modeled? Hopefully it won't be some hybrid aircraft that magically has the exact same abilities as AAF's jet.

after trying many respawn scrips i have not found a way to respawn a jet with the same loadout and skin every time.

is there a better way of doing it or do i have to use the service menu each time

Edit: also respawn them with the wings folded

I like how you added the seagull buttons to joystick for the tailhook up/down and afterburner. Could I ask that you set one of the other seagull buttons, say SeagullUp, to allow me to use if for my execvm "carpet.sqf".

Thanks

Edited: 18th - got it working

Edited by jungleNZ

F-18 GBU12 Problem :

issue :In multiplayer when you are flying with the F version, your WSO can not guide GBU12 with the pod.

Edited by izaiak

What is the buddy pod thing with propellers on it? For refueling? Looks pretty awesome, though it doesn't do anything yet. Also we can only carry 1 fuel tank at the moment? Does it say it can hold like 6?

What is the buddy pod thing with propellers on it? For refueling? Looks pretty awesome, though it doesn't do anything yet. Also we can only carry 1 fuel tank at the moment? Does it say it can hold like 6?

In real life F model has a option to carry a "buddy pod" to support other planes with fuel. Both models will be able to carry up to 5 external fuel tanks, and F model will have a functional buddy pod to enable aerial refuelling between FA18's. In longer MP missions on map like Altis it is a useful feature. All this will be implemented with next weekends update.

FA18F_refuel_concept_zps7143b273.jpg

What about the damage model and showing the player what is damaged? Is it possible to not have it instantly become blown up? Maybe start on fire are the back and quickly work the fire up to the front as what happens in real jets? What about wings breaking off like other mods have done?

Could we see flaps, rudder, landing gear and weapons systems on the top left HUD as well?

Also how would I rearm the main cannon?

What about the damage model and showing the player what is damaged? Is it possible to not have it instantly become blown up? Maybe start on fire are the back and quickly work the fire up to the front as what happens in real jets? What about wings breaking off like other mods have done?

Could we see flaps, rudder, landing gear and weapons systems on the top left HUD as well?

Also how would I rearm the main cannon?

- Rearming main cannon and flares will be fixed thru user interface. With update.

- Complex dmamage model? Do you lads think that we should do BI job? So far all our work is more or less based on features within a vanilla game engine. All complex things can be done, like proper weapons targeting and damage model, but it will take time that we are running short, also SU35 project + one more we are involved in is taking all our time to deliver new "toys" fox Xmas.

What I would love to see as a game features in vanilla game [not the models/content, we can add that]

- proper flare simulation, only IR tracked missiles are spoofed

- chaff simulation [only radar guided missiles are dodged with a certain chance]

- proper weapons lock simulation [radar, IR, GPS, laser + ground and air target separation on config level] with in "tab lock"

- proper afterburner particle effects

- external fuel support

- ejection simulation

- and most important is a camera/turret simulation with ability to lock and auto follow selected target for easier designation

with these features fixed wing gameplay could be brought to a new level, but as I mentioned for us to find a solution and workaround will take time and we are not BI, we do this for fun. If you have a script/idea how to get it all done - join in - I'll only appreciate initiative and help. Till that its on backburner as Saul already stated.

This is a compromise at the moment. Idea is to get FA18 to certain stage we all are happy, get SU35 out and add an Xmas bonus. Only then if our small team will have time we will look in all these upgrades. I hope that BI by that time will upgrade some features within game engine as well.

Edited by John_Spartan

Do you lads think that we should do BI job?

LOL ..... awww come on, you surpassed the A-143 ..... surely you've got time to do the request list and your own "love to have too.

Sorry, bad joke I know.

- This is a compromise at the moment. Idea is to get FA18 to certain stage we all are happy, get SU35 out and add an Xmas bonus. Only then if our small team will have time we will look in all these upgrades. I hope that BI by that time will upgrade some features within game engine as well.

What you have done so far is impressive and pretty much covering what the plane should do. You and your small team - big pat on back(s). Look forward to xmas bonus.

Do you lads think that we should do BI job? So far all our work is more or less based on features within a vanilla game engine. All complex things can be done, like proper weapons targeting and damage model, but it will take time that we are running short, also SU35 project + one more we are involved in is taking all our time to deliver new "toys" fox Xmas.

I actually do ;), because I think you do it better than BI. Anyway, I don't think you guys should rush yourselves. Its something that I always fear with some community modders, they feel like they have som sort of obligation when a big hype forms around their project but they don't.

Remember, you are fans too, and you want to play too, its not within the community's power to make you do anything. Don't get me wrong I start gasping at the range of features you guys have planned and I would love to see some of those implemented before christmas. But there should always be quality of quantity, and I'm sure you guys have lives too.

Sooo... just take it easy alright? Promise me you won't be rushed and don't feel obligated to deliver anything out of your grasp.

@CyclonicTuna, by us being short of time I mean actual time I personally have on my hands to complete the goals I have set for myself regarding these projects. I have no issues with all the fuzz about that, just truing to explain the game plan and confirm the earlier made "confirmed features" list statement.

My real life will have a change next year, so I wont be able to spend that amount of time on the "modding" projects. So adding more and more features, which I personally believe should be implemented by game developers at some stage, is less likely.

Me and Gnat had a small discussion about the features we would like to see in A3 [since OFP times], will it happen? We shall see maybe eventually BI will upgrade game engine and all that will be possible, till that will have fun with what we have.

Oh man... You guys got me so pumped :D!

I have one more question though.

Spartan said that you guys chose the SU-35E

Then I saw this video:

...and saw that there are actually two variants of the Superflanker the SU-35E and Su-35BM, with the BM being the latest iteration. However the SU-35E has two canards beside the cockpit as shown in the video as one of the diffrences between the two models. But in those screenshots I don't see them

So which version are you guys pricisely modding, the E or the BM? Or is it just unifinished modeling?

Either way looking forward to the upcoming updates and keep up the good work!!

Edited by CyclonicTuna

hi.

2 things on the F-18:

-how to have the canopy open with the ladder on the side (and how to do it without having wings folded)?

-on the F/A-18F version, near the reactor, just before the USS Nimitz name, it's written F/A-18E instead of F/A-18F

@Tuna = I see no mention of a SU35E (which doesn't exist), John labeled it as the SU-35 Flanker-E which yes we are working on SU-35S (mistakenly called SU-35BM). This is why you see no front canards and the like. AND yes we are planning on thrust vectoring for the 35.

@Wiki = Currently we have no plans on allowing the canopy to be opened manually outside of the player getting into the aircraft. This is an animation limitation as stated before many pages ago. Though we could work around it we currently have many bits and bobs on our plates. As for the improper labeling on the F, it will be corrected in a later update along with many many other things.

@Pro = The plan is for both aircraft to be airplaneX, unfortunatly we will need the new mod tools to fully implement that feature :/

/\ Basically this; without "BI Tools 3" -- which still has no ETA despite being announced (not under that name) -- we're just not going to get the mods that we could be.

/\ Basically this; without "BI Tools 3" -- which still has no ETA despite being announced (not under that name) -- we're just not going to get the mods that we could be.

Indeed, I can recall a notable amount of mods that are paused or delayed because of that. And what in my opinion is worst, we don't have any news about the actual state of the tools ( someone correct me if I'm wrong ).

Cool a two wheeled airplane.

Looks good. You guys a the best. Look forward to the future.

@CyclonicTuna - regarding Su35 designations then we can compare the both you mentioned to US Block I and Block II upgrade stages on aircraft. For NATO SU35 with latest upgrade is still carrying a designation name "Flanker E". That's the one we are doing, as Saul already confirmed. And pretty much all the features you saw in that video will be with the add-on eventually.

Edited by John_Spartan