TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

We could need a visual indicator in the hud or on the screens, that the afterburner is active.

Btw, are GBU supposed to be lockable on vehicles? I should they should only be lockable on lasers?

@all, next update is to be released this Sunday morning.

- new aerial refuelling feature added [from buddy pod]

- fuel drop sequence added [equipping fuel tanks have a meaning now]

- updated in game UI with visual ID of tail hook/burner status

- some tweaks on weapons config and behaviour

- animations and small tweak's in both pilot and gunner views

- tail hook becomes fully functional [not dependant on A3 version of Jdogs Nimitz by TeTet]

- few animation tweak's on 3rd person view

- HUD crosshair misalignment fixed [now spot on for dogfights]

- ejection sequence is added as a built in feature

- PIP settings auto detect built in [no longer black mirrors if PIP disabled]

- pilots gear revised [bit more realistic]

- Service Menu now accessible from Nimitz deck and hardened hangars on Altis

Edited by John_Spartan

Awww yeeeaaahh. Cannot wait! Your FA-18 mod has set a very high bar for others to aim at.

With your aircraft are you strictly planning on running current day set ups or will you consider developing the aircraft (weapons loadouts/skins etc) to match the Armaverse 2035 setting?

No sci-fi weapons please. Just weapons that the aircraft use in real life.

No sci-fi weapons please. Just weapons that the aircraft use in real life.
Oh good grief... :rolleyes:

Though I'll note that we're not even going to have a clue what "Armaverse 2035 loadouts" look like until the CSAT CAS jet arrives. Very interested in seeing how well this "official" support for the Nimitz plays out.

Oh good grief... :rolleyes:

Though I'll note that we're not even going to have a clue what "Armaverse 2035 loadouts" look like until the CSAT CAS jet arrives. Very interested in seeing how well this "official" support for the Nimitz plays out.

Kinda off topic. I was referring to the mod. Though BIS does not have sci-fi vehicle weapons, they are all vehicle weapon types from real life.

Kinda off topic. I was referring to the mod. Though BIS does not have sci-fi vehicle weapons, they are all vehicle weapon types from real life.

Well Chortles point is that just because it's 2035, it doesn't mean that "2035" weapons/loadout will be scifi. And by making the comment "No sci fi weapons please", that's kinda what you were implying.

@all, next update is to be released this Sunday morning.

- ejection sequence is added as a built in feature

This seems pretty awesome. Can you get stuck on the canopy while Kenny Loggins sings on a bed?

@13isLucky - BTW during development of ejection feature trails it happened on 0 altitude ejection - "goose" effect - WSO hits the canopy, PhysX collision kicks in and his seat is not high enough to deploy chute... , now its fixed and in most cases ejection will be safe for bout pilots. But yes download "danger zone" track and soon you will test it yourself.

Edited by John_Spartan

Not sure if this could still make it in the sunday release or if it is either way realistic or wanted.

When you check your hud, all air and ground vehicles have a rectangle around them. Usually this feature is important for lock-ons or identifying targets beyond visual range,

it can be a pain in the ass, for example when you try to land on a crowded runway or particular on a carrier. Rectangles are all over the screen and block your vision.

I wondered, if it would be wanted/realistic/possible to remove the target rectangle on the master arms SAFE modus. What do you think about this?

@13isLucky - BTW during development of ejection feature trails it happened on 0 altitude ejection - "goose" effect - WSO hits the canopy, PhysX collision kicks in and his seat is not high enough to deploy chute... , now its fixed and in most cases ejection will be safe for bout pilots. But yes download "danger zone" track and soon you will test it yourself.

But please, don´t use it in a gameplay video hosted at youtube, or else they´ll take your audio track, and you´ll have to re-process the video so the music is removed... (THANK YOU CRIAA and all other corporate media b@#$%)

(Rant mode off) Back on track, loved the news of the Su-35, are you guys planning to give the AA-11 Archer its off boresight capability (and extend it to AIM-9X too) RV engine limits it?

I´m really anxious to see the ejection feature, no flight sim has the first person view on ejection (Falcon, LOMAC, etc) must be thrilling!

Well Chortles point is that just because it's 2035, it doesn't mean that "2035" weapons/loadout will be scifi. And by making the comment "No sci fi weapons please", that's kinda what you were implying.
Look at the M16's and B-52, Both have been in service since the 1950's and 1960's. I dont care for scifi weapons either. Now Op don we have an eta on the update. Is it still next week?

Look at the M16's and B-52, Both have been in service since the 1950's and 1960's. I dont care for scifi weapons either. Now Op don we have an eta on the update. Is it still next week?

The ETA is tomorrow currently, but that could easily change.

---------- Post added at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

;2543432']But please' date=' don´t use it in a gameplay video hosted at youtube, or else they´ll take your audio track, and you´ll have to re-process the video so the music is removed... (THANK YOU CRIAA and all other corporate media b@#$%)

(Rant mode off) Back on track, loved the news of the Su-35, are you guys planning to give the AA-11 Archer its off boresight capability (and extend it to AIM-9X too) RV engine limits it?

I´m really anxious to see the ejection feature, no flight sim has the first person view on ejection (Falcon, LOMAC, etc) must be thrilling![/quote']

Imagine how many players will eject for the fun of it and destroy a multimillion dollar aircraft!

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

So there is a chance it will fail and kill us? What's the success rate in real life?

VERSION 1.49 RELEASE

Refer to original post and README file for all major information.

DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED - NEWER VERSION RELEASED

Change Log:

v1.49 - Updated 27-10-13

- texture's and rvmats updated

- fuel drop sequence added

- aerial refuelling possibility added [from F/A-18 F equipped with "buddy pod"]

- IGUI with custom icons and info

- Ejection function placeholder added [will be fully updated with next release]

- compatibility with JDog's & TeTeT Nimitz mod for ArmA 3 added

- small bug fixes/code optimization

- some small weapons config tweeks

- custom pilot added with more realistic gear [Fighter Pilot under NATO/Man]

- HUD crosshair alignment fixed [now spot on for dogfighting]

- Small tweaks on pilots and gunners animations

So as promised we are delivering our next update on this project. Please note that this version is STABLE VERSION ONLY. It will not function properly with DEV build. Next Friday when next BIS official patch will be released we will update it again if necessary [it looks like it will be needed, from what I saw on DEV built]

Also some of the features like ejection script is still WIP so please post feedback and we will update the functions and make them more realistic and in game style like.

PLEASE DONT MIRROR THIS VERSION, NEXT STABLE UPDATE EXPECTED ON 31.10.13.

Enjoy !!!

Edited by John_Spartan

The front flaps on the wing violently twitch. Seems like a bug.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

I am no expert but don't real life ejection seats contain the parachute and not use a parachute on the pilots back? My view is also locked when using the ejection seat. The seat also flies forward and perfectly level, shouldn't it spin, rock and roll? Other than that love the new ejection features.

Regarding front flaps - this is how game engine handles AoA control, once aircraft gets on some gap on carrier it animates it. That was the reason why in A2 we disabled this feature. Lets see what we can do and how bad is it, if it will end as a major game breaking thing we will revert it, we need some tests in MP on this.

Ejection will be fully functional with next update, and tweaked once A3 Tools will be released.

@ProGamer = Need more detail on the leading edge flaps twitching. If the Nimitz is involved this is a known bug caused by the aircraft carrier itself.

Again this is a pre-release version with the full 1.5 version to be delivered next Friday. Do not mirrior please, thank you.

Maybe a suggestion in a old future.

I don't know if there is a tips for a plane could forward in Arma.

If we can had a option in menu to attach the plane to an assist vehicule to track the plane, it's could be funny, particulary on the Nimitz when it's very difficult to move to hangar, enter and exit it without problem...

@ProGamer = Need more detail on the leading edge flaps twitching. If the Nimitz is involved this is a known bug caused by the aircraft carrier itself.

Again this is a pre-release version with the full 1.5 version to be delivered next Friday. Do not mirrior please, thank you.

I put the F/A-18E on the runway. I started up the engine and began to move forward. Using the "W" and "S" key while doing so caused the front flaps to spaz out.

We will look into pro :D

What about break flaps? The tail flaps don't seem like they'd work by themselves as breaks.

Also will we see the ability to use breaks while taxiing?

Is it possible to make use of Physx on the refueling hose? It seems unrealistically stiff at the moment.

And will we see the collision lights affecting the environment?