11 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

I've been fiddling with calculatePath.

It takes me a number of minutes to generate results using ATVs and drivers that this command returns in milliseconds.

I do hope we'll get this command in the next stable.

Sure but one question:
What is it intended for? I mean, the engine calculates path as well, so the command is just a kind of visual "debug"? In what manner this could be useful in a script?

you can deduce from that information of AI movement paths, and maybe even built a something like costmap (terrain elevation per cell)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pierremgi said:

What is it intended for

Sometimes commands are requested by internal BI designers for quite specific purpose 

• Like 1

I want to use it for getting a nice straight stretch of road that I want to spawn a 'man a road block' mission.

Currently I have to spawn an atv and send it to a distant destination and get an appropriate stretch of road as they drive and that takes time. This command can get me the data in a fraction of the time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Sure but one question:
What is it intended for? I mean, the engine calculates path as well, so the command is just a kind of visual "debug"? In what manner this could be useful in a script?

You can check each path node for restricted area and recalculate if necessary, for example.

It potentially gives you a very good estimate where exactly a unit will move, much more reliable than rough waypoints. Could even use `setDriveOnPath` to disable any external impact on AI when they move.

1 hour ago, nomisum said:

You can check each path node for restricted area and recalculate if necessary, for example.

It potentially gives you a very good estimate where exactly a unit will move, much more reliable than rough waypoints. Could even use `setDriveOnPath` to disable any external impact on AI when they move.

I can imagine all these features... thanks. After that, I'll be not surprised to see differences between these calculations and the in-game movement. First of all, the calculation hard fixes the behavior of the mobile (safe or aware or... for the whole path). In-game...

One of the main AI problem is to see a unit making a large detour around fences (test in North Tanoa main airport) for proceeding north,  unable to pass through destroyed fences (holes). Any player goes straight but no AI.  So, now, at least we have a tool for drawing the wrong path...

• Haha 2

Build 145798, setMagazineTurretAmmo command no longer lets you set magazine ammo above magazine capacity. This was very useful for cases where you need larger magazines as you obviously can't have custom magazines without addons. Please revert this change, we're actively using it.

• Thanks 1

Currently, vehicles loaded inside other vehicles cannot use/move their guns and turrets, including FFV positions. Sometimes, it might be desirable to allow such behaviour, such as firing from the flatbed HEMMT.

Could we get a script command that overrides the default turret lock while the vehicle is loaded into another vehicle/rack/ViV container?

something like

transportVehicle enableViVTurrets true; //enables turrets for all loaded vehicles
transportVehicle enableViVTurrets [true, loadedVehicle]; //enables turrets for particular cargo vehicle (optional)
//or
transportVehicle enableViVTurrets loadedVehicle; //enables turrets for particular cargo vehicle
transportVehicle disableViVTurrets loadedVehicle; //disables turrets for particular cargo vehicle

and of course appropriate getters (e.g. isViVTurretsEnabled).

Is there any specific reason that synchronizedObjects can't handle regular objects? I think it's odd behaviour since we can synchronize objects in Eden Editor very easily.