Quote ripped from information site.

And this is waaaaay before 2035 even.

Sigh...I wish they tried to balance the game adding an AAF helicopter rather than removing the radars without any way to script them back.

Or maybe if the add another variant of the Mohawk, with a little armament, and stick the radar back in that, but... It would make sense to put the radar back in te Mohawk all together, because of it has one now, in real life, and it's 2014, taking a radar out years later would be... Reckless.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Edit: same with the lynx, to some point, but it's certainly equipped with surface detecting equipment and much more.

Various subsystems from overseas suppliers have been incorporated into some Lynx variants; during a South Korean procurement, hulls produced in the United Kingdom were equipped with Korean-built systems, such as ISTAR, electro-optical, electronic warfare, fire-control systems,[41][42] flight control actuators,[43] and undercarriages.[44] A glass cockpit was adopted on the Super Lynx 300, featuing fully integrated flight and mission display systems, a variety of integrated display units including head-up displays, and dual controls; AgustaWestland has commented that the new cockpit reduces aircrew workload and increases aircraft effectiveness.[31][33] The head-up display installed could be replaced by a helmet-mounted sight system on customer demand.

Only the Naval Anti-Ship/Anti-Surface warfare versions of Merlin and Lynx/Wildcat are equipped with radar. The transport/attack versions (the ones that the AAF aircraft are loosely modelled after), have no radar.

I made a pic showing the radar installations (bottom) compared to the transport versions (top) on the real-life counterparts to the AAF's Mohawk and Hellcat:

http://i.imgur.com/ZhjHrUq.jpg

Such a radar installation would be unsuitable for the transport roles of the AAF Mohawk and Hellcat, and the attack Hellcat has no weapons that would use radar guidance IRL.

Edited by da12thMonkey

By the way, speaking of radar, does anyone know what the dome shaped thingy under the nose of the Taru is ? My guess is weather radar but I'm no expert...

Since maybe Thursday, I'm getting this in my error log when using the Virtual Arsenal:

19:08:15 Error in expression <t 0;

_ctrlStats = _display displayctrl IDC_RSCDISPLAYARSENAL_STATS_STATS;
_ctrl>
19:08:15   Error position: <IDC_RSCDISPLAYARSENAL_STATS_STATS;
_ctrl>
19:08:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: idc_rscdisplayarsenal_stats_stats
19:08:15 File A3\functions_f_bootcamp\Inventory\fn_arsenal.sqf, line 165
19:08:16 Error in expression <,			24];
{
_ctrl = _display displayctrl _x;
_ctrl ctrlsetfade 1;
_ctrl ctrlcommi>
19:08:16   Error position: <_x;
_ctrl ctrlsetfade 1;
_ctrl ctrlcommi>
19:08:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
19:08:16 File A3\functions_f_bootcamp\Inventory\fn_arsenal.sqf, line 912
19:08:16 Error in expression <	1803,
IDC_RSCDISPLAYARSENAL_STATS_STATS
];
};
>
19:08:16   Error position: <IDC_RSCDISPLAYARSENAL_STATS_STATS
];
};
>
19:08:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: idc_rscdisplayarsenal_stats_stats
19:08:16 File A3\functions_f_bootcamp\Inventory\fn_arsenal.sqf, line 925

Only the Naval Anti-Ship/Anti-Surface warfare versions of Merlin and Lynx/Wildcat are equipped with radar. The transport/attack versions (the ones that the AAF aircraft are loosely modelled after), have no radar.

I made a pic showing the radar installations (bottom) compared to the transport versions (top) on the real-life counterparts to the AAF's Mohawk and Hellcat:

http://i.imgur.com/ZhjHrUq.jpg

Such a radar installation would be unsuitable for the transport roles of the AAF Mohawk and Hellcat, and the attack Hellcat has no weapons that would use radar guidance IRL.

Thanks much for the info. It appears your right. On another note, it'd be nice if they clean up the model of the Hellcat though, those Lynx's look damn spiffy compared to the old one in use in game currently.

Uniform object representing it in weaponholder should have boots next to it

stock-photo-military-camouflage-uniforms-and-boots-71017495.jpg

or on top of it

camouflage-uniform-two-army-boots-8277055.jpg

since you lose them when take uniform off

And a good design decision at that. Unlike most helicopters (and vehicles in general), attack helicopters like the AH-1Z, AH-64D, and most likely the AH-66 (aka our AH-99 Blackfoot) have Fire Control Radars like the AH-64D's AN/APG-78 Longbow Radar (on top of rotor), whereas a helicopter like the AH-9 or UH-80 wouldn't have one.

Only when its actually equipped, otherwise its all down to line of sight of cross feeds, and judging by their masts none of the attack helicopters have any such radar equipped, at best the kajiman has a weather radar in its nose but the blackfoot really has nada. By all rights if you go in with authenticity based on appearance, they should be as blind, that would also include the Lynx.

http://www.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/arma3_screenshot_04_hellcat.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8qdXmSDFcNA/U083xd1emdI/AAAAAAAACW8/yO6uJj1Zw4E/s1600/Lynx+sensor++Selex+to+support+Malaysian+Navy%E2%80%99s+Super+Lynx+MK100+helicopters.jpg

http://navaltoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/GA-ASIs-Lynx-Radar-Detects-Small-Maritime-Targets2.jpg

No radar under the nose.

Edited by NodUnit

•Added: Support for new Post-Process antialiasing technology - CMAA

which is better CMAA or SMAA?

which is better CMAA or SMAA?

Our internal tests show that CMAA is faster than SMAA while having more or less the same visual quality.

Is the latest dev build 1.35128296 screwed? Not yet sure. Tried to play Armageddon mission, every few seconds 0.5s freeze. Started vanilla, its better, but putting up irons: short freeze. Stamina effect: freeze. GPU peaks in those moments...

Our internal tests show that CMAA is faster than SMAA while having more or less the same visual quality.

Yep they both are almost the same. CMAA could be bit sharper but it's very hard to say. I think I'll turn to use CMAA.

FXAA is supposed to be faster, but should in most cases look worse. It's the fastest and worst looking post process anti aliasing out of the three. CMAA should be somwhere in the middle, and SMAA is slowest, but should be the most pleasing to the eye, but not as good as supersampling of course, since we are still talking post process AA.

What normally shies me away from FXAA in other games is the added blurriness it brings, but ArmA implements a very nice image sharper with that form of PPAA that I just love and would like to see in a lot of other games.

Speaking about AA, am I the only one that has negligible performance hits with maximum SMAA on? I'm talking about losing only 4-5 FPS going from no SMAA to maxed out SMAA.

Yay!

No Gliptal, you are not the only one :)

The post processing anti aliasing methods in Arma 3 seems to have very small performance impact.

Multi sampling is more demanding though. Personally I like to use 2x multisampling with medium SMAA on top of that. The multisampling does wonders for things like power lines, fences etc. and then the SMAA fixes some jittering on moving foliage that the multisampling for some reason does not.

The sharpening filter... Personally I do not like it. It makes the image look artificial and not very natural. I appreciate that the choice is there though, for people who do like it.

Why I don't push the SMAA beyond medium? Becouse I cannot see a visual improvement beyond medium. I'm not the type that pushes everything to ultra just for the sake of bragging about it. There has to be a visual improvement for me to push the setting higher, even if the performance impact is small. The terrain is another such thing. Pushing the terrain geometry above a certain setting does very little for improving visuals and it does lower the framerate a bit.

Edited by Brisse

I just hope they fix the Depth of View and how it scatters optics/lights. And shadows on terrain. And lighting through walls. Something else I'd like to see is blurring fast moving objects (grenades, changing gun in first person, etc)

Is the latest dev build 1.35128296 screwed? Not yet sure. Tried to play Armageddon mission, every few seconds 0.5s freeze. Started vanilla, its better, but putting up irons: short freeze. Stamina effect: freeze. GPU peaks in those moments...

Whatever it was, the problem was on my end.

I also use the new CMAA now. I'm just fine with all results. ArmA runs really well, if problems occur it is the simulation/CPU department.

What I rather need is a "gaming monitor" which is capable of performing rapid movements. Currently it's a bit smearing when I move quickly. Exactly what Benq shows here: http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/xl2430t

Edited by tortuosit

I've been unable to eject from fixed-wings for some weeks now, anyone else? I found only a post by the_Demongod, i'll PM him later. BTW, it's working fine on stable branch. :(

Tweaked: Performance tuning

Interesting but could we please have some explanation about this change?

Tweaked: Performance tuning

Interesting but could we please have some explanation about this change?

For the launcher, not for Arma 3.