When will the opening vehicle door thing come back to dev? It was really cool thing. They removed them for somekind of issue and never come back...hmm

When will the opening vehicle door thing come back to dev? It was really cool thing. They removed them for somekind of issue and never come back...hmm
It was removed because they couln't make it consistent along all vehicles, and also because of the amount of issues and requests that it brought (cluttered action menu, throwing grenades inside, water filling, etc).

I hope they will go back working on it, but there are more important things right now IMHO.

Yay!

A static weapon being disabled now always results in the death of the gunner. At release it was possible for a fixed weapon (MG, GMG, Mortar) to be disabled by fire and for the gunner to walk away, but now the gunner is killed immediately after the weapon reaches maximum damage.

Ticket.

- Whats up with the bug, that often when a copilot / gunner jumps into a chopper on multiplayer that, he kind of glitches outside and destroys the main rotor blades of the thingy?

- Also why i often cannot pickup ammo magazines of a dead enemy soldier on multiplayer? It happens often that i grab his gun and then cannot take the magazines.

- Another stupid thingy is: i stand still with binocs in my hand, not moving since minutes, and still the view trough it is shaking like i just did a 500meter sprint. When i hold right mouse button for 5 sec (holding breath) it is getting quite ok for a bit, but then my dude is breathing and shaking again like he holded breath for 30 seconds right after a 500m sprint with a 50kg Backback on it!!

- Why my stamina is weak like i am 100kg dude doin no sports at all? My soldier, even with no big deal of gear on it, is breathing hard and stopping to sprint after way too less meters of running. Should be increased by at least 30%. Dependend on weight of gear ofcourse.

- For some reason i cannot turn out of several Tank thingies, when im in driver or gunner. Is that normal in the yaer 2035?

- The grenade throwing is still a placeholder or? Even on Arma2 /OA it was at least better controllable, how far u throw the thingy. if i nowdays wanna throw it behind a wall, i have to throw it 15meters in the air, hopin its falling down on the other side...

Edited by KrAziKilla

BI Please add the new UAV turret stabilization to the tanks, it will make shooting on the move much better, it is ten times better then the current method of fighting with your mouse to keep the target centered.

I think you guys don't get enough feedback when things are improving so here I go: the last two updates have really boosted my framerates making the whole experience smoother and the game more enjoyable. Thank you and keep it up! :)

on postive reinforcement.

i have thoght this was great since late alpha. that is all, very happy with the ammount i spent

It was removed because they couln't make it consistent along all vehicles, and also because of the amount of issues and requests that it brought (cluttered action menu, throwing grenades inside, water filling, etc).

I hope they will go back working on it, but there are more important things right now IMHO.

To me the "open door" option adds so many advantages and immersion that compensates all the downsides. I think sometimes we ( the players ) are too picky, and because of that we lose some cool features.

Just imagine arriving with an APC and opening the ramp.

...And a script unlocks the cargo seats after the ramp is closed... *drool*

To me the "open door" option adds so many advantages and immersion that compensates all the downsides. I think sometimes we ( the players ) are too picky, and because of that we lose some cool features.

thats part of the problem, they don't have it done for all vechiles

doesn't mean they won't

but not now, so it dosn't go in half finished. its not a finished feature.

thats a theme i appluaded from this release. schduling seems to be overoptimistics, but at least everything they are adding is for this game all the models are seemingly made for this game. but at least what they are adding is finished (not working but mainly complete)

Edited by nimrod123

but not now, so it dosn't go in half finished

I have some real urges to say something silly and funny right now, but I try my best not to do so... ;)

I have some real urges to say something silly and funny right now, but I try my best not to do so... ;)

its hard to describe what i mean.

theirs a diffrence between finished and done.

finished means the feature has all the bits, done means it works

every thing i have seen added and not removed after some tests, is finished. it kinda works, all the key bits are their.

if it worked was a complely diffrent story

every thing i have seen added and not removed after some tests, is finished. it kinda works, all the key bits are their.

if it worked was a complely diffrent story

Crewmembers not able to turn out on some vehicles? Maybe it's finished, but isn't working properly. But what about the half-finished encumbrance? We have some bits & peaces already in the game, but it's half-finished.

- Whats up with the bug, that often when a copilot / gunner jumps into a chopper on multiplayer that, he kind of glitches outside and destroys the main rotor blades of the thingy?

- Also why i often cannot pickup ammo magazines of a dead enemy soldier on multiplayer? It happens often that i grab his gun and then cannot take the magazines.

- Another stupid thingy is: i stand still with binocs in my hand, not moving since minutes, and still the view trough it is shaking like i just did a 500meter sprint. When i hold right mouse button for 5 sec (holding breath) it is getting quite ok for a bit, but then my dude is breathing and shaking again like he holded breath for 30 seconds right after a 500m sprint with a 50kg Backback on it!!

- Why my stamina is weak like i am 100kg dude doin no sports at all? My soldier, even with no big deal of gear on it, is breathing hard and stopping to sprint after way too less meters of running. Should be increased by at least 30%. Dependend on weight of gear ofcourse.

- For some reason i cannot turn out of several Tank thingies, when im in driver or gunner. Is that normal in the yaer 2035?

- The grenade throwing is still a placeholder or? Even on Arma2 /OA it was at least better controllable, how far u throw the thingy. if i nowdays wanna throw it behind a wall, i have to throw it 15meters in the air, hopin its falling down on the other side...

write tikets here: http://feedback.arma3.com/

than it will get voted and assigned!

Today's DEV changelog:

• New possibility to turn off adaptive crosshair in options

Searching these forums there seems to be no entry about what makes the crosshair 'adaptive'... Care to enlighten me? :)

Today's DEV changelog:

Searching these forums there seems to be no entry about what makes the crosshair 'adaptive'... Care to enlighten me? :)

The thing that people misinterpreted as auto-aim

Today's DEV changelog:

where the crosshair moved due to objects blocking the LOS of the barrel of the gun

Crewmembers not able to turn out on some vehicles? Maybe it's finished, but isn't working properly. But what about the half-finished encumbrance? We have some bits & peaces already in the game, but it's half-finished.

all the code, all the interface is there. balanced, no. there, yes. as for turning out, the animations appear to have been there, just not working right.

doors was different, only the ifrit was done, and since its part of the vehicle system, adding it to one means the rest arn't done without it. its also cosmetic, so removing it is a good counter to feature creep. something that will always kill a project like this, ARMA 2 suffered from it really badly, this one has had some very public counters (campagin and the TOH FM

to name a few)

where the crosshair moved due to objects blocking the LOS of the barrel of the gun

Aha... Makes sense, thanks.

Today's DEV changelog:

When you have adaptive crosshairs on, it helps you when you're shooting from cover, if your barrel is pointing at the cover, the crosshair will shift to the cover instead of the center of the screen.

Any idea if the AI rate of fire will ever get fixed?

Its kinda odd that weapons from machine-guns to rifles changes to a different firing rate from like 0.1 (600rpm) to 0.2 (300rpm) once the player passes a set distance from the location of the weapon being fired. If the player is close to the location within like <50m the AI will fire the weapon correctly at the ROF set in the config but once you get outside this area it goes to being a pop-pop-pop almost semi-auto.

- This is not because of any config settings & has been occurring since OFP

Edited by Opticalsnare