The first bit yes, the second bit no.

The reason it's not like in BF (aka octopussing) is because you control the soldier in the vehicle, not the other way round.

Also, I think it would be better if you could control the turret and the driver position of the Stomper (UGV) simultaneously. So it would be controlled like a tank in the Battlefield game.

And then you'd drive it in 3rd person.

but this is not Battlefield. If you want that, go ask EA/Dice to make is so.

I feel the UGV could be an exception. I wasn't saying it should be applied to all of the vehicles.

Edited by PTRJK

What happened to the bombs? :) Wasn't there a bomb version of the Ghostuav?

Basically, right click and select hold fire behaviour in the UAV terminal.

So they still have that invisible driver/gunner in them? Why should a UAV fire on its own, it is a tool and not living

So they still have that invisible driver/gunner in them? Why should a UAV fire on its own, it is a tool and not living

Different modes and UAV can shoot at targets by themselves in real life. It autonomous!

It's autonomous :x That means, it's preprogrammed to be able to do certain things on its own without user input. So whilst it is a tool and it isn't living, it isn't correct that they have an invisible driver/gunner, although that would serve as a suitable analogy to how it functions.

What happened to the bombs? Wasn't there a bomb version of the Ghostuav?
I don't think so.

There was. It contained GBU-12's but at the last minute it seems to have been rectified (and condensed) into one UAV, using Skalpel ATGM's x8.

You can actually see in my video the original two versions. You'll notice the bomb racks where bombs *should* be, but the error message at startup earlier pertained to the missing bombs, I think.

Have you ever watched the Terminator?

There was. It contained GBU-12's but at the last minute it seems to have been rectified (and condensed) into one UAV, using Skalpel ATGM's x8.

You can actually see in my video the original two versions. You'll notice the bomb racks where bombs *should* be, but the error message at startup earlier pertained to the missing bombs, I think.

Oh, so that's what the CAS version was for.

Edited by ADUILO

To answer the technical question, nope, they don't have the invisible driver/gunner anymore. It's now a real autonomous vehicle in the engine :)

To answer the technical question, nope, they don't have the invisible driver/gunner anymore. It's now a real autonomous vehicle in the engine :)

You sure? Because when you let a stomper join a squad (via waypoint) you get 2 new members, driver and gunner. And I just told him to move to a position without the UAV terminal :D

Btw, their names are Leahy and Evans :D

#Edit: On further notice, they don't confirm any orders but their AI seems to be so advanced that they follow your voice commands :)

What is the purpose of the Stomper? I don't see a laser pointer and it's not armed.

oh and what/where is this: Added UAV Terminal item?

Edited by Victim9l3

Liking the UAVs very much!

A little bug I noticed though is if I take control of the uav while looking through the sights of the rifle, and then release controls later - instead of not looking through the sights when i right click, the view is changed to 3rd person. This is remedied by pressing enter to switch to 3rd person and back to 1st

For the love of God and all that is holy! Add camera lock to Greyhawk it's near impossible to guide missles from turrets when it's jerking all the time when turning etc.

yeah, at first I thought that the plane controls were awkward because the planes were not vanilla. BUT NO, those are the fixed wing vanilla controls, and they sure suck a lot, what the hell ? (I'm referring to the greyhawk controls for those who didn't understand)

What is the purpose of the Stomper? I don't see a laser pointer and it's not armed.

oh and what/where is this: Added UAV Terminal item?

The non-RCWS version is used for recon without any loss of life, quick evac, or supplies runs.

The UAV Terminal is found on the UAV Operator class, under Men. (at the bottom)

I work as a software developer as well. I release a new OS kernel to my customers and get complaints about it ten minutes later. You know, I'm actually THANKFUL for this, because it helps me make the product better.

You are allowed to state your opinion, but what you did was not constructive and borderline offensive. People are giving feedback, nothing else. This can be good feedback, but most feedback is going to be negative (bugs, things that just don't work) and in my own experience as a software developer, this is the better feedback.

It's irrelevant how pressing/difficult it is. It has to be said, otherwise, it won't be fixed.

During the whole alpha and beta phase, there has been a lot of people telling "us" that we should wait for release. Well, what's the point of test and development versions if you wait for release and then start bitching ?

All this "rainbows and butterflies" attitude isn't helping anybody, not BIS, nor the players. If something is amiss, it should be possible to say it without getting jumped at immediately.

Ok, I'm now convinced that you two are the same person! Either that or you are a tag team wrestling duo ;)

Guys, in a game with such a broad scope as Arma where perhaps the developers aren't always sure where to focus their limited resources - even simple feedback like "This is great!" IS valuable feedback. You may develop OS but that's a different genre in which no one cares if a new feature is "fun" -it's all about functionality. Let me also state in the strongest possible terms that the so-called "negative feedback' or really critical feedback is equally if not more important - but I'm sure even in the droll universe of OS kernel development you don't mind a "hey, great new functionality -it just needs A/B/C to make it better". It may give you insight that that new feature was worth moving forward or streamiling or whatever.

That's not butterflies and rainbows, but positive feedback is important if even just to let the Dev's know that this is something worth pursuing. If everyone hated Quad bikes in a mil game, BI should, know it just as well if everyone or the majority like it. Only giving tech detail aka "Fix the AI Quad response" or "Enhance the 3rd gear throttling" -they wouldn't have a clue if worth pursuing.

I found an unfortunate feature of taking controls of uav. You can't command your squad anymore. I don't see why it should do that. You can still talk and give orders to people even when controlling the uav. Especially since you can look through the camera wherever the uav is. That way you can tell units where you want them to go even if they are far away.

Does anyone know what the UAV terminal item is?

Also the ground UGV stops about 15meters before reaching the waypoint I give it. That will prevent them from moving into specific areas and or hide.

Edited by Victim9l3

how do I fire the ATGM from the grayhawk after I lazer a target?

Ok, I'm now convinced that you two are the same person! Either that or you are a tag team wrestling duo ;)

Make that brothers, and you are right on the money.

That's not butterflies and rainbows, but positive feedback is important if even just to let the Dev's know that this is something worth pursuing. If everyone hated Quad bikes in a mil game, BI should, know it just as well if everyone or the majority like it. Only giving tech detail aka "Fix the AI Quad response" or "Enhance the 3rd gear throttling" -they wouldn't have a clue if worth pursuing.

It's not about NOT giving positive feedback, I have been guilty of that myself. It's about trying to suffocate any criticism. If you say something positive, it's fine. If you say something negative, you are ranting/complaining/whatever.

There are issues in the game, and as a beta tester, I consider it worthwhile mentioning those. I don't want to have to apologize every time I do that.

What I mean by "rainbows and butterflies" is when people tell me that my issue I am reporting is not worth mentioning, or that I should be "thankful that X is in the game".

So, sure, give positive feedback, but let me give the feedback that I think makes the game a better one without yelling at me.

(for the record, I love the quad copter)

I found an unfortunate feature of taking controls of uav. You can't command your squad anymore. I don't see why it should do that. You can still talk and give orders to people even when controlling the uav. Especially since you can look through the camera wherever the uav is. That way you can tell units where you want them to go even if they are far away.

Does anyone know what the UAV terminal item is?

Also the ground UGV stops about 15meters before reaching the waypoint I give it. That will prevent them from moving into specific areas and or hide.

Make two feedback tracker tickets for both the issues.

Was the Incoming missile sounds added to helicopters in this dev build? Same with lock-on sound?

Edit/ I see now that they were, they sound great!

The non-RCWS version is used for recon without any loss of life, quick evac, or supplies runs.

The UAV Terminal is found on the UAV Operator class, under Men. (at the bottom)

Thanks, I assumed the UAV terminal was an object. Since the UAV Operator already comes with it, I counted them as 1 thing. They should have said they added a UAV terminal backpack.

On the UGV, I thought the same as you, thinking it's a recon. Which is why it should have a laser pointer.

can anyone answer my question please? how do you fire missile from Grayhawk while your painting the target