Thanks, I assumed the UAV terminal was an object. Since the UAV Operator already comes with it, I counted them as 1 thing. They should have said they added a UAV terminal backpack.

On the UGV, I thought the same as you, thinking it's a recon. Which is why it should have a laser pointer.

It is! Instead of the GPS(?) you got the UAV terminal item. You can drop and pick it up

can anyone answer my question please? how do you fire missile from Grayhawk while your painting the target

Laser paint the target until the UAV automatically shoots one of its missiles. It may take a couple of seconds until it fires.

It's not about NOT giving positive feedback, I have been guilty of that myself. It's about trying to suffocate any criticism. If you say something positive, it's fine. If you say something negative, you are ranting/complaining/whatever.

There are issues in the game, and as a beta tester, I consider it worthwhile mentioning those. I don't want to have to apologize every time I do that.

What I mean by "rainbows and butterflies" is when people tell me that my issue I am reporting is not worth mentioning, or that I should be "thankful that X is in the game".

So, sure, give positive feedback, but let me give the feedback that I think makes the game a better one without yelling at me.

(for the record, I love the quad copter)

Yes you are right, there is or should never be the need to apologize for critical feedback as in the end they generally won't address it if never mentioned. I'm also a bit spoiled/elated that my #1 primary concern, AI, is getting so much attention and they're are listening and moving with a pace I've never seen before within that specific area. I also remember readin how the team was once totally deflated so sometimes letting them know they're doing a great job or on the right track seems warranted. Kind of ironic as im a strength coach and I NEVER/EVER give praise unless someone goes way above and beyond what I expected - they may get a "nice push."

Laser paint the target until the UAV automatically shoots one of its missiles. It may take a couple of seconds until it fires.

what use does the laser designator on the unarmed vehicles have?

what use does the laser designator on the unarmed vehicles have?

To paint a target for a laser guided air strike or artillery strike.....

To paint a target for a laser guided air strike or artillery strike.....

so it'll work with those support modules somehow? I'm kinda dumb apparently, and need someone to walk me through it :p

I just noticed that the Titan Launchers now have different colours for each faction type, I didn't remember seeing it in the patch notes either. Looks great as I was sick of seeing Tan Coloured Launchers against Green Digi Camo. The AA Launchers have a full textured camo while the AT Launchers are the same colour as the infantry.

AA Titan Launchers: http://i.imgur.com/HprLeqdh.jpg (137 kB)

AT Titan Launchers: http://i.imgur.com/17YEUkGh.jpg (131 kB)

Edit: Opfor also has some new Navy Blue Wetsuits: http://i.imgur.com/gNRO1l3.jpg (289 kB)

Edited by Quaggles

I just noticed that the Titan Launchers now have different colours for each faction type

Different classnames now too:

launch_B_Titan_F

launch_B_Titan_short_F

launch_I_Titan_F

launch_I_Titan_short_F

launch_O_Titan_F

launch_O_Titan_short_F

New menu theme is awesome... but TOO SHORT ;]. I would like to hear the rest of main OST track remixed ;]

Most impressed with the progress BIS. I am now loving the Workshop, so damn easy to use! Textures, vehicles and play style are cleaning up nicely. Found an issue where a pistol gets into the face of the player crouched on stairs, will look to see if it is solved in this patch.

Different classnames now too:

Did you find the bombs?? I couldnt see them earlier either :(

Did you find the bombs?? I couldnt see them earlier either :(

this addMagazine "6Rnd_LG_scalpel";

Take Control of the Greyhawk. Swap to Turret Control. Find a target in front of you and lase it. Wait for the red Target [ ] marker. It'll fire on it's own or you can swap back to pilot and fire. Seemed to work, kinda.. real hard to keep the laser on target since it won't stabilize.

Also the missiles remain on the pylons even though they are expended so, that's probably why they removed it till that's fixed.

Erm, apparently they were replaced anyway. So confused. Tomorrow will make more sense, keep telling yourself that.

Edited by kylania

Anyone know when the run and jump over walls was removed as I used it once a few weeks back but now I cant seem to do it anymore. Seemed like a good function as now I have to stop, climb, start again... ?

so it'll work with those support modules somehow? I'm kinda dumb apparently, and need someone to walk me through it :p

You can use the Laser Designator to mark targets for attack helis or jets online, or for the computer.. So the people (or AI) flying those can lock onto the painted target (using the laser) and you can watch their bomb or missile fly right into the target.

this addMagazine "6Rnd_LG_scalpel";

Take Control of the Greyhawk. Swap to Turret Control. Find a target in front of you and lase it. Wait for the red Target [ ] marker. It'll fire on it's own or you can swap back to pilot and fire. Seemed to work, kinda.. real hard to keep the laser on target since it won't stabilize.

Also the missiles remain on the pylons even though they are expended so, that's probably why they removed it till that's fixed.

Erm, apparently they were replaced anyway. So confused. Tomorrow will make more sense, keep telling yourself that.

Sorry dude i ment the BO_ classes, there were alot of bombs etc that were laser guided, seem to have disappeared from the config, but still work in the game... odd

You can use the Laser Designator to mark targets for attack helis or jets online, or for the computer.. So the people (or AI) flying those can lock onto the painted target (using the laser) and you can watch their bomb or missile fly right into the target.

thanks

I was just messing with it, and it kinda sucks you can't call support while using the uav's turret. hopefully they'll fix that

thanks

I was just messing with it, and it kinda sucks you can't call support while using the uav's turret. hopefully they'll fix that

Just disconnect and call support and reconnect. Or play with friends. :)

Just disconnect and call support and reconnect.

yeah, that's what I did. I just thought it would be cool to actually point the support where to go from the vantage point of the uav

I can't get the Greyhawk ai to stop. When I manually land, turn the engine off and release controls, it wants to keep on going. XD

I can't get the Greyhawk ai to stop. When I manually land, turn the engine off and release controls, it wants to keep on going. XD

it's clearly powered by Energizerâ„¢ batteries

New menu theme audio:

47rBon2IiJ0

Thanks, I was curios and my gaming rig is FUBAR right now... Great theme! :D

Yay!

Anyone know when the run and jump over walls was removed as I used it once a few weeks back but now I cant seem to do it anymore. Seemed like a good function as now I have to stop, climb, start again... ?

You mean these ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160133-Realistic-Jumping-Script

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154637-Enhanced-movement-and-more

Don't know if someone has already mentioned this, I looked through a few pages and couldn't find anything in here.

Is there any reason why when you set to Auto hover in the Quadrocopter thing it takes you down to 50m? surely autohover should make it hover at whatever altitude it already is.

Same with the Reaper, why does it want to return to 100m every time you go to the turret?

Feedback on UAVs:

The Darter is quickly becoming my favourite toy to play around.

The lack of a self-stabilizer\lock camera is annoying, you have to fight the controls all the time. Please, fix this.

Tie all UAV related actions to the UAV Terminal, no more clutter in the action menu.

This.

The new CQB AI is also nice, kudos on that.