They seem to be using some kind of "sandbox" mission where players can spawn empty vehicles via GUI. (I remember playing one of these early on in the alpha, though I don't recall what it's called.)

So they're not even using this in the editor and are complaining about something which is entirely functional that way? :P

Simples. If it's on your side, you can control it. Empty is for a non-controllable entity or prop.

1. The gunner/turret controller of the UAV should have access to the ATGM missiles, such as a "Command fire" action like in the A2 OA ULB, where the missile goes directly to his laser target that he's controlling.

This is also something that bugs me a bit at the moment. Also, when the UAV wants to engage an enemy vehicle it tries to make a strafing run instead of loitering high up in the sky and shooting the lased targets. I set type to Loiter and altitude to very high but the drone still makes a strafing run as soon as it engages enemy armor.

What I also noticed: it does engage enemy armor and autonomous vehicles but does NOT engage enemy trucks. Only if you take control of turret position and lase the target manually, then it does engage even enemy trucks

Speaking of which, I wonder, are there going to be different models for the UAV's on the three sides, or are they all using the same identical ones? Rotor drone is okay, but having all three UAV's the exact same shape will make identification quite difficult. Not pleased about that.

Its the same problem as with the vehicle turrets. I don't think this is going to change.

This is also something that bugs me a bit at the moment. Also, when the UAV wants to engage an enemy vehicle it tries to make a strafing run instead of loitering high up in the sky and shooting the lased targets. I set type to Loiter and altitude to very high but the drone still makes a strafing run as soon as it engages enemy armor.

What I also noticed: it does engage enemy armor and autonomous vehicles but does NOT engage enemy trucks.

Set the behaviour to never fire or something, then.

I can sit underwater in the stomper and not drown... :)... Does the greyhawk have optical stabilisation ? it lock onto an area ?... Can not find that option, if it exists.

About people annoyed with how things look the same, or aren't functioning in the correct seat or whatever - THEY'VE JUST BEEN RELEASED.

You should be happy! You're even able to play right now instead of waiting for the full release. Don't start saying how crap these drones are, because less than an hour ago-ish they were released, so they will be improved over time.

</rant>

Set the behaviour to never fire or something, then.

But the thing is, I want it to engage and fire its missiles but it shouldn't make a suicidal strafing run. It should do as it's told, flying high in the sky and engaging from there, not dive bombing.

I can sit underwater in the stomper and not drown... :)... Does the greyhawk have optical stabilisation ? it lock onto an area ?... Can not find that option, if it exists.

Because it's a UGV and you're not actually in it ;)

Not that I know of about optical stabilisation though.

About people annoyed with how things look the same, or aren't functioning in the correct seat or whatever - THEY'VE JUST BEEN RELEASED.

You should be happy! You're even able to play right now instead of waiting for the full release. Don't start saying how crap these drones are, because less than an hour ago-ish they were released, so they will be improved over time.

</rant>

We are giving feedback, that is the point of a beta.

I think he means, you can sit in the stomper as a passenger and then drive into the water without drowning...

..yes you can get into the stomper.. you can carry passengers and yourself while you control it... which is very cool....:)

Is there no cycle waypoint or a way to make a waypoint loop? When I want to use custom shapes, loiter is not enough.

Also, the weapon control is funky, controlling the ATGM and flight controls at the same time doesn't make sense, and it doesn't allow you to lock on targets. (Although maybe I didn't try hard or pressed a wrong button)

You can control the turret(aka laser designator), lase anything and it will appear as a target, but your UAV will only engage it if it's set to open fire and the target is in front of it. (Doesn't work well when loitering the target)

I think instead, two changes should be made:

1. The gunner/turret controller of the UAV should have access to the ATGM missiles, such as a "Command fire" action like in the A2 OA ULB, where the missile goes directly to his laser target that he's controlling.

2. It should be possible to stabilize your aim on a certain point, either static or mobile, and your laser designator would of course be locked on that point. This was done nicely in Mando Missile from A2.

But other than that, the UAV controls and waypoint system is amazing and allows for a lot of flexibility.

this! I support all of his points and

3. The quadcopter drone seems to have trouble with flying high altitudes, just set a waypoint and set it to high or very high altitude

4. The quadcopter drone works with the helicopter AI and always tries to land at the helicopter pads

and is there a way I can order a drone to lasermark a target?

otherwise I really like these drones, they are handy and fun :D

</rant>

Calm your tits. I'm not saying their implementation is badly done, it is a significant improvement over ARMA2 and I thank Bohemia for that.

The fact they've just been released is irrelevant. Each faction should have its own drone, turret, vehicle turret, etc. But I doubt that will change after such a troubled development and given we are in the final countdown for release.

This seems to be an issue for both the stomper now and the quadbike. You don't hear the environment when you're in first person and the engine sound's muffled too. It's like you're in a closed vehicle instead of an open one.

..yes you can get into the stomper.. you can carry passengers and yourself while you control it... which is very cool....:)

Fair enough.

this! I support all of his points and

3. The quadcopter drone seems to have trouble with flying high altitudes, just set a waypoint and set it to high or very high altitude

4. The quadcopter drone works with the helicopter AI and always tries to land at the helicopter pads

and is there a way I can order a drone to lasermark a target?

otherwise I really like these drones, they are handy and fun :D

About nr. 3, I'm not sure a darter is really designed to fly so high, after all, it's more of a lightweight, squadbased asset.

emm do you reallise, thats just first remix of cold war crisis track? And OFP was made by BIS, just in case...

Just read first top voted coment there:

Advandnaruto 4 years ago

sweet ofp remix ofp is dar best game ever

Its the same problem as with the vehicle turrets. I don't think this is going to change.

Yeah, probably not.

</rant>

What is your problem, man? So we should not say "The rotor drone can open doors" or "same model everywhere makes identification difficult". Seriously, take off the rose tinted glasses, there is 27 days to release, should we wait until next week before we start to say anything?

<rant> I am getting sick and tired of some fanboy jumping me every time I bring up a genuine point. </rant>

We are giving feedback, that is the point of a beta.

^^ Thanks ^^

And Comp_uter15776 .... Im not saying how crap they are, we are currently laser designating targets whislt the UAV is flying itself...

Im stating that has this been over looked, And for those that really dont care about Goats, this is an important feature that has been applied to every other vehicle within the game except for UAVs

Please change it accordingly to enable the scripters to use this as per they have been able to use any other vehicle in the game

Dont discriminate UAVs .... :yay:

What is your problem, man? So we should not say "The rotor drone can open doors" or "same model everywhere makes identification difficult". Seriously, take off the rose tinted glasses, there is 27 days to release, should we wait until next week before we start to say anything?

<rant> I am getting sick and tired of some fanboy jumping me every time I bring up a genuine point. </rant>

My bad, I forgot I'm not allowed to demonstrate my opinion but you are 8)

I don't really find it a genuine point because as with anything, once it's been released, the bugs need to be ironed out... a simple retexture isn't terribly pressing, comparatively. (Nor a slight adjustment to size/shape)

About nr. 3, I'm not sure a darter is really designed to fly so high, after all, it's more of a lightweight, squadbased asset.

yea maybe it's the wind, it flew in an entirely other direction and didn't stabilize itself

another thing I realized was as I set the Greyhawk to Loiter over Agia Marina it just landed at the airbase

emm do you reallise, thats just first remix of cold war crisis track? And OFP was made by BIS, just in case...

Just read first top voted coment there:

I am aware of that.

However, this new A3 remix (read A3 not AA3, AA3 does not exist) seems to be based of Black Ops (The link I posted).

</rant>

Posts like these are indeed not very helpful. This thread is for all kinds of feedback on recently introduced changes/features/bugs - both positive and negative feedback.

</rant>

I hope you don't mind me opening up this ticket then about quadrotor drones being able to open doors.

It's called feedback. That's the point of a beta, you know.

I work as a software developer as well. I release a new OS kernel to my customers and get complaints about it ten minutes later. You know, I'm actually THANKFUL for this, because it helps me make the product better.

I am aware of that.

However, this new A3 remix (read A3 not AA3, AA3 does not exist) seems to be based of Black Ops (The link I posted).

oh dude, do you even know what ArmA means at all? lool :D

My bad, I forgot I'm not allowed to demonstrate my opinion but you are 8)

You are allowed to state your opinion, but what you did was not constructive and borderline offensive. People are giving feedback, nothing else. This can be good feedback, but most feedback is going to be negative (bugs, things that just don't work) and in my own experience as a software developer, this is the better feedback.

I don't really find it a genuine point because as with anything, once it's been released, the bugs need to be ironed out... a simple retexture isn't terribly pressing, comparatively. (Nor a slight adjustment to size/shape)

It's irrelevant how pressing/difficult it is. It has to be said, otherwise, it won't be fixed.

During the whole alpha and beta phase, there has been a lot of people telling "us" that we should wait for release. Well, what's the point of test and development versions if you wait for release and then start bitching ?

Edited by Varanon