shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

MCC needs to Adopt the ZEUS UI for the drag drop spawning in 3D, that's one example of how ZEUS can improve MCC i'm sure the masterminds behind MCC can find more.

shay_gman plz keep up your good work. Mcc was very useful for my Community over time and i think this are two types of shoes.

With MCC you have the 3d Editor with save functions for easy use, you can save missions templates and the "Gamesmaster" can play the mission by his self and dont must be present in the editor.

For us MCC seems better because the missions maker can only make zone`s and let upsmon do the rest and dont now exactly where the enemy is present.

So the missions maker is no bored over the operations and can surprised by the enemy.

We know MCC can use all addons easily and the great mission wizard for fast tactical rounds is awesome.

So plz dont quit i think its really space for both zeus and mcc.

And Mcc is the thing we plan Milsim`s with ;).

How much do you want shay..?..seriously you can t let you impress by a pseudo god ? Mcc is the best mod ever created for arma and will stay

If you watch the video carefully when the UI can be seen, it looks like it can do a small portion of what MCC can. So MCC will be needed as much as before.

Only more people will now about the gamemaster concept. (And thus maybe more people got interested with MCC ;) ).

Edit: ok, the stream on 15th showed that it can do more than I thought at first glance, but still, we need MCC too :)

Edited by Starcos

dont stop your work shay .. is perfect.... wait for the release of zeus first..... we know for sure that in videos all seems perfect..... wait to use first hand and then we talk......

also what is DLC ??? (pay or free????????)

Shay, your mod is one of the first i´ve put into my Arma3 folder, and it´s still there. You need to continue, fantastic work man!

@dragonsyr:

Its a "DownloadableContent" mostly such contents are NOT for free

Its a "DownloadableContent" mostly such contents are NOT for free
While you are mostly right, it states explicitly in the Video that "Zeus" is a "Free Multiplayer DLC"

;2621511']Or extend it :)

this ^^^ :)

The work you have done with MCC has most certainly made my Arma experience a great deal better.

Thanks

While you are mostly right, it states explicitly in the Video that "Zeus" is a "Free Multiplayer DLC"

Thats why i said mostly^^ Usually DLC´s for various games costs between 5-15€, for free is okay. I ll take it^^

Anyone had any hijack/respawn issues? Tonight when I hijacked and then had the hijacked troop die (shot by players) with 6 players and maybe 30 AI I didn't flip back to my player. I was stuck with the dead body. Respawn and continue didn't help. I had to exit out to the lobby.

When it was just me and another player later some time I was bouncing back to the player from dead hijacked soldiers easily.

Dedicated server by-the-way.

Also, is there any way to stop a spawned soldier/civ from running away in a war zone? I wanted players to rescue an NPC who I was going to hijack and roleplay but the guy took off well before they got there. :/

Hi guys, when I try to play the COOP MCC SandboxAltis scenario, I spawn at the airport as usual, but in the middle of crazy fire fight and get killed almost immediately , I have tried restarting the mission with no luck. It used to work fine. Not sure what I did.

There are hundreds of green and blue units when it starts right at the airport.

Thanks in advance

That is a sample mission... disable the AI prior to lunch the server.

Hey Shay!

2 things. I have a request, and a comment.

First, the comment: You are not allowed to quit working on MCC. :) I'm positive that MCC does a lot of things that Zeus won't, and I'm sure you'll find a way to integrate MCC with Zeus to make it even better! MCC is the one single thing that has made a lot of people's ArmA experience over the past couple of years amazing. There is no replacement. I do hope BIS recognizes your hard work with MCC.

Second, the request: Could you make a button somewhere(probably on menu 4 where the delete brush is) that will clear all dead bodies from the map? I notice that as we progress through our missions the dead bodies start to lag the server really bad, but once we delete them the server FPS and player FPS shoots up(yes we use a dead body clean-up script, but sometimes we need to clear them faster).

Second, the request: Could you make a button somewhere(probably on menu 4 where the delete brush is) that will clear all dead bodies from the map? I notice that as we progress through our missions the dead bodies start to lag the server really bad, but once we delete them the server FPS and player FPS shoots up(yes we use a dead body clean-up script, but sometimes we need to clear them faster).

There are new corpse removal parameters now that can be added to the description.ext. That way, you won't have to rely on garbage collector scripts because you'll never go over the threshold you set (assuming they're reasonable).

Check way down at the bottom of this list:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Maybe that will help.

good idea. To expand it, how about a 'weapon holder' clear up button too for all those messy players who drop kit, or can't put unwanted stuff back into full ammo boxes? Maybe exclude items placed via MCC.

good idea. To expand it, how about a 'weapon holder' clear up button too for all those messy players who drop kit, or can't put unwanted stuff back into full ammo boxes? Maybe exclude items placed via MCC.

What about all the people who are temporarily putting their gear on the ground, swapping items, etc? They would suddenly lose their stuff.

only if the MCC user pushes the button, or sets it for refreshing every x minutes. Yeah, people put gear on the ground to swap stuff briefly, but I always see a lot of stuff abandoned on the ground, which can lag servers.

I notice that if you use MCC in an arma 2 map in arma 3, when you create CQB missions through the auto mission generator, it seems to always go to the same few buildings (in the case of Baghdad it's the buildings at the top right or middle right, and none of others most of the time).

Maybe an effect created by an excessive number of buildings and the CQB selects ones from the first few, or could also be an effect based on which buildings were placed first in the map making process. I have no clue.

Although you can just move the zone somewhere else but I like having it choose from the entire map (you actually have to make a big zone since arma 2 maps apparently have no mapsize from which MCC can look through.)

after the last update i notice that the mission time and weather set on dedicated server is working only local. the other players cant see the changes realtime as allways did.

is this problem from the update ??

thanks

Also since last update my players have reported seeing the zones created by MCC as marked areas on their map.

Also since last update my players have reported seeing the zones created by MCC as marked areas on their map.

Yes, this happening to me.. everyone is able to see the zones in map even in dedicated servers.

Quit? I hope not. Zeus is pretty modular, and you will definitely find a way how to make it even more splendid ;)

Bit of an insult towards Shay, don't you think?

Bit of an insult towards Shay, don't you think?

Whoa, take it easy there fella. The concept of a dynamic mission tool existed years before Shay came around, within BI's own ranks no less. That's first of all.

Second, we are all modding BI's game, and using their platform that they have provided us to do so.

No modder has any claim on anything whatsoever - legally, ethically, or otherwise.

Whoa, take it easy there fella. The concept of a dynamic mission tool existed years before Shay came around, within BI's own ranks no less. That's first of all.

Second, we are all modding BI's game, and using their platform that they have provided us to do so.

No modder has any claim on anything whatsoever - legally, ethically, or otherwise.

No that's not what I meant - didn't you see what I quoted?

I just think it's it's a bit unfair to ask Shay (who spent over 2k hours on MCC) to now begin working on/fixing/improving Zeus for BI (as well the community).

Of course BI own the game etc etc, but a little credit/recognition of Shay's and Spirit's achievements wouldn't have gone a miss (given that Zeus is indeed very similar to MCC, regardless of previous ideas).

J

P.S

Zeus does look incredible and I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on it btw.

first I've fixed the missing groups for mods like CAF aggressors. Second, i'll add a preset groups in the GG (Group Gen) so the player would be able to make custom groups and they will be saved into the player's profile.

Still waiting for this update, so all the more reason for you not to give up on MCC.