shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

For what's it worth I thought I experienced some extra lag with r17 too. I thought maybe it was all in my head :)

I was getting the reset loadout with BTC as well. Swapped out BTC for pyscho's A3 Wounding System and that stopped happening.

We also have this slowdown. As far as i we found out, it's only present if you use the 3d placement part to spawn soldiers. 1 or 2 wont hurt the performance (we use it sometimes for targets, and hostages), but above 10 it's eating down the CPS below 30.

Incomitatum:

We also use lots of mods (TFA, everything @mas, tmr), our VAS is also slow and really really really full :) I will definitely try out your exclusion list!

Yesterday i decided to unpack again MCC, and added some performance monitoring tools (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24158,http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168558-Status-Hud), because we trying out some configs before buying a new server, maybe they are also good for you too (I pulled out everything from Status Hud, only left the fps counter in).

For the first time we only implemented the excellent =BTC= Logistic mod into MCC, i think you should also try it out. BTW, it's not perfect. ;)

Thanks for the Simple Object Marker idea!

Ok guys thanks for all the info you gave I think I can now pinpoint the cause of the GUI lags. Hotfix will be released soon.

Ok been updating some files, seems like the problem was with the new save to SQM feature. Been placed a few units down using the 3D editor with some presets, so far 30 minutes out, no FPS lost or GUI lags. I'm going to eat something if all well when i'll be back i'll release it as a hotfix.

shay, would it be possible to implement caching of AI in later versions? I imagine that this would help improve server performance greatly.

HOT FIX - R-18 is here

Change log r18:

- Added: Save Gear option in mission settings - by default MCC save gear is off so it won't collide with other medical systems (respawning without primary weapon bug after revive in BTC)

- Fixed: Major lags when using the 3D editor.

- Fixed: Mission Wizard hostage task completed instantly.

- Fixed: Console evac didn't work

- Fixed: Console Airdrop didn't work.

- Fixed: Spawning evac boat on water make it jumping in the air.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

And yes cashing AI is planed as part of the new AI.

1. We got problems with gear loadout after respawn or reviving. Many... many watches.

2. Teleport works after second time.

3. When i spawn evac, set route and change it, heli still is going first route and after finish, he is going new route.

4. Is it normal that AI aim skill is so good using vehicles guns (even on rookie they snipe like hell)?

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Shay is faster as the sound - thanks

1. We got problems with gear loadout after respawn or reviving. Many... many watches.

1. We also had tonight the watch problem but only once. We solved it with the player disconnecting and connecting into another slot.

Stock MCC R18.

2. not here

3. didn't used evac

4. try zeu/zeus AI scripts.

Hi Shay,

Great work on MCC, it's a fantastic tool.

Quick question: When defining the AI settings via the Main->Mission Settings dialog, any infantry spawned as a result of the Main->Zone-based generator seems to create AI with those skills (0.1, if set to Rookie, for example); however, if one spawns infantry via the 3D Editor or the Group Generator, it appears that all AI carry a skill of 0.5.

Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you

Hi, first time trying MCC. Everytime I respawn, I appear underwater. What am I doing wrong? When I die I get a respawn option of "shoulder, free, and high", and then another menu which only has an option of "Base". All of these seem to make me respawn underwater. I even tried spawning an FOB for my side and the same result.

I could do with a primer on how MCC handles respawn and JIP and how those settings interact with mission set respawn points. It is confusing me too.

First and foremost: I've recently come to love this addon and am putting it to extensive use during missions both SP and MP. Thanks for creating and sharing it!

Next; I've found that using MCC Sandbox in a mission that already has VAS enabled via Tonic's scripts causes the mission-based VAS to be overwritten by MCC's VAS. Considering the updates and improvements to VAS, do you plan on updating MCC's iteration of VAS as well?

Shay,

We're getting another game breaking bug. Now the UI is very responsive, but it seems the longer we play the more our FPS drops to nothing.

Our hypothesis is based on an anomaly we are seeing. For nearly every Civilian unit we spawn (by the 3d editor or in a zone) a copy is also placed NEAR 000,000 (just north).

I'm not sure what can be done; or if others are noticing this as well. We still can't play a whole mission (2-5 hours) without it bogging down. This is without mods as well.

We also just dug through our server log and it's 28megs. Filled with this:

2:01:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: _surrender
2:01:49 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\scripts\UPSMON.sqf, line 940
2:01:49 Error in expression <;    
};

if (_exit) exitwith {};

Over One Million lines of this; over the course of about 5 hours (about 256 errors per min).

This happened shortly after THIS event took place:

21:46:20 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["MAN","LAND",false,true,"C_man_1","CIV",1,"NOTHING","1","FORTIFY",[6501.24,2026.55,0],[173.967,132.33],132.33,"CIV",B Alpha 1-1:1 (Chason) REMOTE,7,false,false,"Chason","default",0,[0,0,0],0,0,0]"
21:46:20 No speaker given for Sotiris Liosi
21:46:20 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_CIV_SURRENDER>
21:46:20   Error position: <KRON_UPS_CIV_SURRENDER>
21:46:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_civ_surrender
21:46:20 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_CIV_Total = KRON_UPS_CIV_Total + count (units _npc)>
21:46:20   Error position: <KRON_UPS_CIV_Total + count (units _npc)>
21:46:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_civ_total

As we manage a repository, we see that in MCC 17, you went to UPSMON 5.1.0 <Beta 1>

This bug is repeatable.

Make any zone (or number of them), spawn Many citizens by hand (or via Garrison) and tell them to fortify. You will see your Client FPS drop over time.

Go to Menu4, hit "Track Units" You will see civilians near 000,000 as well.

We've also tested wizard missions with "Armed Civilians", "Suicide Bombers", and "CQB with Civilians". Even set to hard and for 10+ players. No civilians show up. It seems, for the time being, the thing to do is to leave civilians out of our missions altogether.

Edited by Incomitatum

Hi guys,

Can someone please confirm that the R-18 fixed the lags issues?

If there are no more errors next on our roadmap is integrating GAIA AI behavior and making the WP saveable (and even save entire MCC mission to sqm).

Hi Shay,

Great work on MCC, it's a fantastic tool.

Quick question: When defining the AI settings via the Main->Mission Settings dialog, any infantry spawned as a result of the Main->Zone-based generator seems to create AI with those skills (0.1, if set to Rookie, for example); however, if one spawns infantry via the 3D Editor or the Group Generator, it appears that all AI carry a skill of 0.5.

Can you please let me know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you

It not you it's me ;) i'll make sure the AI settings will effect units spawned with group gen and 3D editor.

Hi, first time trying MCC. Everytime I respawn, I appear underwater. What am I doing wrong? When I die I get a respawn option of "shoulder, free, and high", and then another menu which only has an option of "Base". All of these seem to make me respawn underwater. I even tried spawning an FOB for my side and the same result.

It is because you are playing with the BTC revive script and you haven't place a start location for your side so it just spawn you at map's start (you can disable BTC at the mission's lobby parameters).

I could do with a primer on how MCC handles respawn and JIP and how those settings interact with mission set respawn points. It is confusing me too.

Sorry but I can't understand what you have wrote. Try refrazing it.

First and foremost: I've recently come to love this addon and am putting it to extensive use during missions both SP and MP. Thanks for creating and sharing it!

Next; I've found that using MCC Sandbox in a mission that already has VAS enabled via Tonic's scripts causes the mission-based VAS to be overwritten by MCC's VAS. Considering the updates and improvements to VAS, do you plan on updating MCC's iteration of VAS as well?

Yes i'm trying to keep up to date with VAS but it wasn't on top priority in the latest update so it will probably be updated in the next.

Shay,

We're getting another game breaking bug. Now the UI is very responsive, but it seems the longer we play the more our FPS drops to nothing.

Our hypothesis is based on an anomaly we are seeing. For nearly every unit we spawn (by the 3d editor or in a zone) a copy is also placed NEAR 000,000 (just north).

We also had a time where we used the delete brush on a town packed full of civilian, and though we could not SEE them; it is as their ghosts lingered. The server still chugged and never recovered.

I'm not sure what can be done; or if others are noticing this as well. We still can't play a whole mission (2-5 hours) without it bogging down. This is without mods as well.

We also just dug through our server log and it's 28megs. Filled with this:

2:01:49   Error Undefined variable in expression: _surrender
2:01:49 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\scripts\UPSMON.sqf, line 940
2:01:49 Error in expression <;    
};

if (_exit) exitwith {};

Over 50,000 lines of this.

This happened shortly after THIS event took place:

21:46:20 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["MAN","LAND",false,true,"C_man_1","CIV",1,"NOTHING","1","FORTIFY",[6501.24,2026.55,0],[173.967,132.33],132.33,"CIV",B Alpha 1-1:1 (Chason) REMOTE,7,false,false,"Chason","default",0,[0,0,0],0,0,0]"
21:46:20 No speaker given for Sotiris Liosi
21:46:20 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_CIV_SURRENDER>
21:46:20   Error position: <KRON_UPS_CIV_SURRENDER>
21:46:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_civ_surrender
21:46:20 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_CIV_Total = KRON_UPS_CIV_Total + count (units _npc)>
21:46:20   Error position: <KRON_UPS_CIV_Total + count (units _npc)>
21:46:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_civ_total

Thanks for the detailed bug report - UPSMON will be replaced with GAIA in the next update (UPSMON become to heavy and old and GAIA is slick and sexy) so you'll get a much better performance in the next update i'll also look on the units around [0,0,0]. Out main focus right now is getting MCC solid rock stable and fast.

Edited by shay_gman

Hi Shay. Thanks for this awesome mod. Not sure if its new in R18 or if I just haven't noticed it before, but I'm really digging the Search and Destroy option for CAS aircraft. Especially with Peral's A10. Seeing and hearing then come in with that gun going off is amazing. Not sure if its his mod or MCC but it seems that the A10s flown by AI won't shoot the gun once it gets dark...Even if I just call Gun Run with MCC. Once it hits about 550pm they won't shoot guns.

Thanks for the detailed bug report - UPSMON will be replaced with GAIA in the next update (UPSMON become to heavy and old and GAIA is slick and sexy) so you'll get a much better performance in the next update i'll also look on the units around [0,0,0]. Out main focus right now is getting MCC solid rock stable and fast.

Apart from GAIA being sexy (she won the latest miss universe!) this error seems to go from empty groups. UPSMON runs on group -> delete brush is pressed -> units are gone -> group is not deleted by arma yet. (i think).

@Incomitatum Tell me if this is possibe? If not, can you send me the error list? This issue holds my interest from AI perspective.

@spirit6

That does make sense. We've been calling them "ghosts". It was going to sound dumb, so I didn't say anything earlier.

Make a city sized zone. Then make a Civiliian Garrison. Heavy, or Light with Vehicles. The server FPS will drop, and FAST.

Deleting them... Does nothing to recover this. The server hasn't crashed, and even though you don't SEE them; see seem to still be there. Eating resources. :/ We've suspected this on our server, but you asking this makes us think it is confirmed.

Shay, my mission has a respawn location set in the editor. This overwrites any respawn location set by MCC?

Also, anyone know how I can spawn groups from the CF_Aggressors pack? I would love to have proper teams from that pack in missions. Can only spawn singles, reinforcements or garrisons.

Shay, my mission has a respawn location set in the editor. This overwrites any respawn location set by MCC?

Also, anyone know how I can spawn groups from the CF_Aggressors pack? I would love to have proper teams from that pack in missions. Can only spawn singles, reinforcements or garrisons.

If addon makers don't make groups, then how would MCC know? Ask the addon maker.

Spirit, can you explain how the caching for your new AI works? What controls the spawn/cache distances?

If addon makers don't make groups, then how would MCC know? Ask the addon maker.

The aggressors mod does have groups. The groups do show up just fine in the BIS editor. Perhaps there are other issues with the groups that prevent them from showing up in MCC, but they do exist and they do work in the editor.

Edited by Shadow_MSOG

Regarding Agressors pack it because the addon maker used one name for the faction in the unit config and another name in the groups config. It will be fixed in MCC as MCC compare the configs' names and not the configs display names. An easy fix that will be released soon.

Regarding caching - there is no point discussing a system that is not currently there .There are a lot of way to cache units either by enableSimulation command to deleting group members and adding them later when a player is in a certain radius to deleting the whole group and keep simulating the patrol data as an algorithm or even on remote server.

I can only say that we'll find the best solution to do this.

Spirit, can you explain how the caching for your new AI works? What controls the spawn/cache distances?

There are no caching/spawn controls. GAIA is for most a replacement of existing functionality. From there we build on.

Quote Originally Posted by BF2_Trooper View Post

It is because you are playing with the BTC revive script and you haven't place a start location for your side so it just spawn you at map's start (you can disable BTC at the mission's lobby parameters).

Thanks for the quick reply :D I think I get it now. But is it possible to have the endgame menu popup when I have used up all my lives instead of just an endless respawn menu? I would like to have BTC revive turned on for coop missions.

Also, I'm not sure if this is something to do with ARMA itself or MCC, but sometimes when one of my AI squad mates die, another AI in my squad will take command and I'm no longer the leader of my squad. The way I have been creating my own squad is either by spawning a group in a zone and giving them a "Join as Leader" waypoint or by placing individual units with the 3D editor and giving them a "Join Player" function.