shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey, new here, got a few questions! So I have been teaching myself MCC as I think it would be fun to run small games for friends and also to contribute to clan game nights. Thing is, while I am getting confident with the MCC system I am totally lost when it comes to two things. And I am hoping someone can help or point me to resources (yes, I have googled, just don't know what guides to start with).

1. setting up a mission on local host which has reviving, weaker enemies, and all that good stuff that we expect from coop multiplay, how?! I have no idea how to do that. Has anyone got a basic template that has those features built in to work from? How would I make one if there is none?

2. if I make a mission on my own box just using the MC tested that came with the addon, how can I take that and run it on The clan's server? I know a server admin needs to be on to turn the mission on, but I don't think just anyone can access the MCC console as configured. Also, loading: will all I need for the mission be loaded from the copy/paste buffer or will I need an admin to upload an extra file or two? I would like to build some basic structures and features and reuse them, hence the need to load features from a saved file that I haven't made at the moment of mission night (repeatedly building the same base would drive me nuts).

Anyway, I hope someone can help. I have spent ages trying to dig up the answers to this stuff and can't find them as it seems everyone using MCC already knows all this and hasn't written it down yet.

Thanks guys,

I'll fix the HVT task, sometimes disappering weapons after revive and whatever more you'll find with some new features soon.

Regarding VAS if you'll put a new init file for VAS in your mission it will overwrite MCC VAS init so you should be ok with that.

I wanted to share with you some nice tutorials by a guy called ConnorGthat I accidently found on Youtube:

Tutorials to MCC (including installation) by ConnorG:

Hey, new here, got a few questions! So I have been teaching myself MCC as I think it would be fun to run small games for friends and also to contribute to clan game nights. Thing is, while I am getting confident with the MCC system I am totally lost when it comes to two things. And I am hoping someone can help or point me to resources (yes, I have googled, just don't know what guides to start with).

1. setting up a mission on local host which has reviving, weaker enemies, and all that good stuff that we expect from coop multiplay, how?! I have no idea how to do that. Has anyone got a basic template that has those features built in to work from? How would I make one if there is none?

2. if I make a mission on my own box just using the MC tested that came with the addon, how can I take that and run it on The clan's server? I know a server admin needs to be on to turn the mission on, but I don't think just anyone can access the MCC console as configured. Also, loading: will all I need for the mission be loaded from the copy/paste buffer or will I need an admin to upload an extra file or two? I would like to build some basic structures and features and reuse them, hence the need to load features from a saved file that I haven't made at the moment of mission night (repeatedly building the same base would drive me nuts).

Anyway, I hope someone can help. I have spent ages trying to dig up the answers to this stuff and can't find them as it seems everyone using MCC already knows all this and hasn't written it down yet.

1. You have template in the MOD version, i'll release them as stand alone so you can alter them or you can just use F3 framework.

2. If the server is running MCC all you have to do is log into MCC go to save/load and press load - it will load it to the server. No admin or file transfering is needed.

I got problems with 3d editor and VAS. In 3d items dont spawn on map and if they do only after next spawn (if i want 1 car i have to spawn 2). My team had to upload to server older version :(

You my friend didn't pay attention to the change-log

- Added: 3D editor anti-collision: vehicles will only spawn after you'll move the cursor away from the spawn location. 

Thanks guys,

You my friend didn't pay attention to the change-log

- Added: 3D editor anti-collision: vehicles will only spawn after you'll move the cursor away from the spawn location. 

Moving away cursor doesn't solve this problem.

Like i wrote, sometimes i have to spawn another object to spawn first and sometimes spawn doesn't work at all :(

Thanks for this shay!

Any updates on the status of the new AI script intended to reduce performance hit?

Some more feature requests:

1. Add a destroy radar AA set-piece objective for mission wizard: Places a radar building+AA vehicle(s) in an area. Radar reveals to AA units all enemy aircraft above a given height and are in LoS to radar (i.e. draw a line from radar toward aircraft and check lineIntersectsWith returns that aircraft). Objective completed upon destruction of radar building. This would be great for missions where you want to encourage the destruction of radar buildings before aircraft are called in.

2. Change mission wizard to allow for objectives to be added one-at-a-time in separate areas.

3. Allow user to specify relevant objects for objectives (e.g. what unit used for HVT, what building to destroy, etc...).

4. Allow user-defined groups to be added to the groups available in page 1. This would make it much easier to work with unit mods where the group configs are not able to be read by MCC.

Yes we have this problem as well. We just haven't tested it to see if it's MCC causing it as we have a few mods installed.

On another note. MCC and VAS isn't playing nicely together. I have limited certain weapons to show up in VAS. However the filtered weapons work when MCC is not enabled. I'm not sure if it's a conflict with VAS, MCC, or both.

Are you using the SA VAS or just through MCC? I noticed when i tried the VAS SA and MCC at the same time, it badumpled. MCC call it´s own version of VAS. Just my 2 cents.

My feature request:

it would be perfect addon if it were possible save / load waypoints

I love MCC

Hello all!

Apart from all the exiting new stuff in MCC i have also been brewing some stuff. Some might have read that some 'new' AI is on its way. That is progressing quite nicely and is reaching release state. As 'new AI' is kinda vague and i would like to have user input going, i deciced to pre-release a part of the design of 'the new ai'. The document should give a good idea about the intend of 'the new'. Keep in mind that the last two phases, where orders are issued and where conflict area's are defined (words that are explained in the document), are not in this document (yet). I realize its quite some reading and probably not that interesting for some. Still the AI will be having quite some impact, especialy on the mission generator part of MCC, as that will be implemented first. The system will be called GAIA (Greater Artificial Intelligence Awareness). Yes Evrik special thanks for you here ;)

Not only will GAIA be actvive on MCC Mission generator, but it will also become available with the rest of the MCC functionality. The most interesting part for mission makers will be that AI intelligence can be used in any mission, new and existing. (i explain more later). I welcome any idea's from any of you here as the final phase of development is approaching fast.

Please read yourself by clicking this link:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56634804/MCC%20GAIA%20v1-1.pdf

Then quickly just the goals of GAIA:

GAIA can best be seen as a higher level lead organization that is tasked to make all groups work towards (a) common goal(s). GAIA does not improve and tries not to influence the behavior at group level.

So what is it that GAIA wants? The main goal of GAIA is to defend territory. To do that she makes sure that:

1. All assets are used intelligently. Know your units, what can they do, what are their weaknesses.(without hard coded unit names)

2. Responses to threat are in proportion. Do not send more troops then needed, but also make sure it is enough to deal with the opposing threat.

3. Understand the priorities. The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority.

In future versions of GAIA goals will be expanded and might even grow to fully commanding offensive battles.

Edited by spirit6

Hello Shay,

Excellent work as always.

A couple of observations:

1) Not sure if it an ARMA engine issue or a MCC issue, but evac ships that spawn still spawn underwater, get launched into the air, flip and sink when they hit the water.

2) Airdrops and evac vehicles called using the Mission Maker console work, but airdrops and evac unit movement called by the player using the MCC Tactical Commander Console do not function.

Airdrops simply do not show up when requested by the player using the MCC Tactical Commander Console. Evac units do not move to the waypoint(s) created by the player using the MCC Tactical Commander console. Once spawned they sit there and do not move. I have tried this in SP and MP and can not get them to function using the MCC Tactical Commander console. As far as I remember this worked properly in the last version of MCC.

Edit: I just noticed that 3 WP Evac routing does not function using the Mission Maker Console either. The WP's are placed on the map, but the vehicle (either helicopter, or HEMTT) does not move. Single WP routing appears to work.

3) Is the HALO function in Menu 4 working for groups? I can get groups to teleport, but I can not get them to HALO or parachute. When I try, only one member of a the group is selected and HALO’d or dropped by parachute.

4) Good work with making the 3D editor drop down menu easier to read. Could this be applied to the Box Generator drop down menu as well?

5) In the Mission Management section of Menu 2, in the pop-up hints that appear when the cursor is held over the orange buttons the word “phrase†is incorrectly spelled as “fraze.â€

6) In the “Air Support Incoming†hint, the word “incoming†is incorrectly spelled “incommingâ€

7) The QRF and artillery options in Menu 5 are brilliant. Outstanding work.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Edited by Byrnze

Cool stuff!...

Love it! sounds great!

I'm really loving the mission wizard, best thing since sliced bread and perfect compliment with Alive..

Edit:

All assets are used intelligently

So for example do you mean that AI will know there are AT threats to it's Armour and so take steps to protect it? Or infantry will not move onto IFV and request any AT capable units in the zone to engage it etc? I didn't really get that from the PDF or it was explained at a higher level than my understanding :)

Edited by Katipo66

Thanks, Shay! The save/load screen confused me a little with the "save out stuff placed with the 3D editor" option, so knowing that won't be an issue is great.

As for the templates, I am going to have to work out how to edit my own I figure. I want BTC Revive, Mag Repack and some other bits and bobs.

;2613462']... it seems to accept less enemy types than before... SUdden´s terrorists' date=' CAf Agressors and Drongos Irregulars aren´t working with Mission Wizard =P[/quote']

I noticed this too. I'm very new to MCC and was hoping I could get Drongo's Irregulars and CAF Aggressors (_me) working as enemies in the generator but it complains about not finding any units??

#2: I love the map Clafghan and run it one of two ways, either with AiA or A3MP (depending on who I am playing with). I notice the mission generator will work with zone selection but not "whole map"... it tosses an error about clafghan (I'll write it down next time it pops up).

#3 I love the 3D editor! It's made it very easy to precisely place units and then with export in SQM format it's dead simple to merge those placements with an existing mission, for stand alone use. That SQM feature is worth it's weight in gold! The only problem I have run into is once, while trying to place helicopters with the 3D editor I would select the placement as usual, with the Space Bar, move the cursor away so it would spawn, but it seemed to always spawn two helicopters in the same place and they would explode. It did this time after time no matter what I did. Yes, I know how to place units and get the cursor out of the way to prevent collisions... this is not what is happening.

Other than that thank you very much for MCC, shay. I've seen it used to it's full effect and it's certainly a powerful set of tools. I hope to one day be able to use it myself with better effect. :)

Oktyabr: send a PM to Axyl. He is a clanmate who made a PBO to solve your aggressors problem.

Hi all we thought it will be good to share our road map for MCC so you can share your thoughts and ideas about our progress

- First, I would like to fix all the bugs that you have found regarding locked vehicles, HVT mission, groups from some addons not recognized exc and make MCC as stable as it can get.

- Second, adding more save options as: saving WP, saving triggers that spawn groups exc will be fixed. And at last adding an option to save everything in MCC to sqm file.

- in the meantime as Spirit posted before we are working on a new AI behavior to replace UPSMON and this should be released soon. We still don't know if in first release we'll replace UPSMON or just add the ability to choose GAIA as the "brain" for the spawned units, but it will be there.

- From there I'm working on a more configurable Mission Wizard. The current release is just a prototype for testing and I like the idea that you love it, but the main idea is to have a wizard that you can configure the insertion, the type of missions (add more missions) and even the briefings. It is not a far fetched dream and you'll probably see it in the upcomming weeks.

Where do we go from there... we'll I can't tell you much but this whole mission wizard was just a module for a Jagged Alliance idea that I was rolling in my head: survive, get mission, get payed, build your base, expend, prevail. But time will tell :confused:

Love it! sounds great!

I'm really loving the mission wizard, best thing since sliced bread and perfect compliment with Alive..

Edit:

So for example do you mean that AI will know there are AT threats to it's Armour and so take steps to protect it? Or infantry will not move onto IFV and request any AT capable units in the zone to engage it etc? I didn't really get that from the PDF or it was explained at a higher level than my understanding :)

Ola :)

Well, as i read it mate. I think it was explained also at a higher level then my understanding. Let me me tell you what i got out of that :) Main reason is because of the Order Phase and the Conflict Area Phase of GAIA are not described in the document yet. (like stated).

But to answer your question. Yes, this is indeed where GAIA will be moving to as the foundation to do that is there (that will be version 1). However, on version one that is not yet implemented. In version one she is aware of the units she CURRENTLY commands and not just the given information from the beginning.

Example: Infantry gets different DoAttack ordes then Mechanized Infantry. But if the M113 from the mechanized infantry is blown up then what are they? Indeed, infantry. So GAIA will scan and classify all groups each cycle. In that way, it will not send troops out with stupid orders. Even the surviving pilot that jumps out of the plane will change his class. Plane - > infantry.

In future releases terrain and unit vs unit information will be used. Examples go faster again:

Enemy infantry is seen in a conflict area. Estimate about 12 of them. They are in urban terrain. Point system kicks in: 12 infantry = 12 x 2 = 24 points. As they are in urban defense terrain they get their points trippled, making it 72 points. GAIA then searches her troops that are capable of doing an attack. In that she searches for 72 points of troops that hold preference to enter urban area's. Tanks dont realy like this, so they are the last choice. GAIA is all bout 'giving her best shot'. So tanks might still enter the town, but only if really needed to get things done. She comes up with 36 infantry. AFter judging the conflict area she sees that there are no friendly troops in the neighbourhood. The mortar's (if avialable) will attack the conflict area until the 36 infantry kick into the attack.

The above is all done in 1 cycle of about 40 seconds. Each 40 seconds the whole attack is checked upon. Why? We might have seen 12 infantry but there might be more. Of troops that were into the attack are drawn into another attack. A helicopter kicks in and drops paratroopers. I dont know. And exactly that reason, the plan is redone every cycle (if needed). Just like we do.

Edited by spirit6

more cool stuffs...

Ha! thanks for the explanation :)

Example: Infantry gets different DoAttack ordes then Mechanized Infantry. But if the M113 from the mechanized infantry is blown up then what are they? Indeed, infantry. So GAIA will scan and classify all groups each cycle. In that way, it will not send troops out with stupid orders. Even the surviving pilot that jumps out of the plane will change his class. Plane - > infantry.

This is a great start! sounds very dynamic.

Enemy infantry is seen in a conflict area. Estimate about 12 of them. They are in urban terrain. Point system kicks in: 12 infantry = 12 x 2 = 24 points. As they are in urban defense terrain they get their points trippled, making it 72 points. GAIA then searches her troops that are capable of doing an attack. In that she searches for 72 points of troops that hold preference to enter urban area's. Tanks dont realy like this, so they are the last choice. GAIA is all bout 'giving her best shot'. So tanks might still enter the town, but only if really needed to get things done. She comes up with 36 infantry. AFter judging the conflict area she sees that there are no friendly troops in the neighbourhood. The mortar's (if avialable) will attack the conflict area until the 36 infantry kick into the attack.

Oh bro, that sounds like a beautiful thing :D i dont want to play it, just watch it.

But if i am player as one of the 12 units in urban terrain then i should be worried as Gaia is plotting her best shot to kill as opposed to who ever is closest go in.

Sounds great man, i love these concepts and ideas! look forward to .

From there I'm working on a more configurable Mission Wizard. The current release is just a prototype for testing and I like the idea that you love it, but the main idea is to have a wizard that you can configure the insertion, the type of missions (add more missions) and even the briefings. It is not a far fetched dream and you'll probably see it in the upcomming weeks.

That is great news, could there be a possibility of user made missions that are created along certain guidelines for it to work in the mission wizard? no biggie just curious :)

Hi Shay,

The VAS included in the latest version of MCC (mod) does not seem to include the attachment compatibility feature of the newest VAS. When a weapon is selected, it does not show the available attachments under the magazines. This cannot be fixed adding VAS to the mission. Any ideas?

Delayed placement in 3d editor seems to work great, thanks for that feature!

Shay anyone,

When playing MP, I placed the zones to spawn groups but those zones are visible for the players. this brake the "tension" as everyone know that in that area "something" should happen.

This happen playing in a non dedicated server and everyone had the MCC mod installed and enabled. In the mission file I do have the MCC access rights module linked to the Mission creator.

I'm doing something wrong?

@Spirit / thanks yours will read yr PDF and try to respond, thanks yr work love the whole thing

Hello all!

Apart from all the exiting new stuff in MCC i have also been brewing some stuff. Some might have read that some 'new' AI is on its way.

CUT .................

Great peace of kit been using it since A2 , are you planning on Implementing fast rope options to the evac menu . cheers stu

Shay anyone,

When playing MP, I placed the zones to spawn groups but those zones are visible for the players. this brake the "tension" as everyone know that in that area "something" should happen.

This happen playing in a non dedicated server and everyone had the MCC mod installed and enabled. In the mission file I do have the MCC access rights module linked to the Mission creator.

I'm doing something wrong?

The mission maker and the zone will know about the zones. So if you are playing on a local host he acts as a server and he'll see the zones I can fix it later. But only you and him will see the zones.

Great peace of kit been using it since A2 , are you planning on Implementing fast rope options to the evac menu . cheers stu

Yes we do among other things.

Tried to make a vehicle-borne IED today. Got a vehicle IED placed, spawned some troops in the SW area in a zone, moved the zone and they got in and drove it towards enemy troops!

Unfortunately they driver stopped short and even when I spawned enemy around the vehicle - no boom. I suspect the vehicle lost its "IED-ness" when it was entered for driving.

I will probably make my own by placing an invisible IED triggered by radio and then hijacking an enemy, driving it to the IED location and then triggering the IED. Same effect.

One additional thing that I noticed when using the new version is that when using Menu 5, the location of the objectives on the map are displayed on the map with a "Objective 1, 2, 3...etc" marker in red letters when the "Show Markers" option is set to "No." Was this intentional?

I can't seem to get the Mission Wizard to work along with Clafghan or F.A.T.A. islands? Any plans to make them compatible in the future?

What am I doing wrong? I place an IED (mision maker only), I make a trigger: EAST, PRESENT, IN RECTANGLE (placed over IED). Create the box and then while capturing is hapening, I ctrl+click the IED.. but then.. BOOM, IED goes off, it doesn't capture that triggering and store it for later, it seems.

I also can't figure out how to add the triggering to a radio command, which I would much prefer. HALP!

Found an answer:

Radio Triggers:

1. Condition: The Radio Trigger are Alpha - Juliet | For example choose alpha

2. Activation: Doesn´t matter | Use default

3. Size: Doesn´t matter | Use default

4. Angle and Shape | Doesn´t really matter too

5. Text | Name your Trigger for example "test"

6. Press "Generate"

7. Everything youll spawn now will be captured | For exmaple create any Zone and spawn a group in it

8. Press "Stop capturing"

9. Press 0 and 0, you will find your trigger "test" and you just need to activate it by pressing the number :-)

...but I still can't tie the IED detonation to a trigger. Aww.

Edited by TinyPirate

Ok and now I figured out how to do it. Here's what I did.

1) Make a trigger with ALPHA, give it a name.

2) Once trigger starts capturing, place IEDs and have them linked to a spottter.

3) Place the civilian spotter using the drop down and "ambush" method, as per.

4) Stop capturing.

Then what I do is have me, as GM, take control of an enemy troop and have the guy get in a vehicle and hurtle towards the enemy check point. Once I'm 10m shy I trigger the radio event and the IEDs and spotter spawn and, with luck (set your proximity to the max so that any nearby target forces will trigger the IED), BOOM! First time I did this (and only time so far) the friendlies started opening up on me in the truck but they couldn't disable the vehicle (or me) in time to save themselves.

An alternative is to have the IEDs already placed and just spawn the spotter on triggering, I guess. This might be helpful if you're trying to get the right IED layout (putting several together so they cause each other to all explode).

BTW, Shay, the IEDs don't seem damaging enough on "large"! Hehehe.