our feedback on this and all other topics is being carefully listened to, you can bet.....

thanks for the info.

I think the quality of the great landtex addon grows with the optimizations of the arma3-midrange texture. First time I have a similar feeling with these early addons as in 2001 with ofp :)

Thanks so much for this, Picolly! I hope the textures in the final version of Arma 3 are good enough that this isn't necessary, but at least we have a great community-made solution if that's not the case. :)

It's a trade-off, less detailed far-away view for less blurry/blotchy middle-distance, I prefer this myself.

That said I might like to try some sort of blending of the two. I've previously used AutoHotkey to batch transform the Takistan satmap so it could be automated and trialed with differing values/proportions/blendmodes.

Thank you, it looks a lot better than before, you are a great man! I also enjoyed your work in Chernarus ...... :bounce3:

fuck why is there no way to just up the texture?

BIS pls

What you could do is use TexView2 to convert the .paa files to .png or .jpg, edit them, then convert them back to .paa with TexView2.

What you could do is use TexView2 to convert the .paa files to .png or .jpg, edit them, then convert them back to .paa with TexView2.

My TexView2 can't convert to anything but .paa :eek: Am I using an older version? (2.0)

That's some good side by side shots! Really shows it off.

My TexView2 can't convert to anything but .paa :eek: Am I using an older version? (2.0)

If you click on file types, select all types, and then at the end of the name type the file extension, so if you wanted to save it as a png, name it "nameoftexture.png" and click save and that should do the job!

I find it amazing to see people take their personal time to try and mod the game to their taste. :)

I much prefer this version over the vanilla looks, but yes it does take away some of the 'uniqueness' of the island. I wish i knew how to do this shit myself i'd make it so detailed that your pc would melt! i'm probably alone but in a game such as arma i don't find the FPS to be that important. I would easily play with 20 fps and have the island look amazing.

The next Version 0.7 will bring back some Details. Will come in a few Days.

iHxIHzV9bQGmN.jpg Original

iKYLMEJmjVpZO.jpg Version 0.1

ibveOYT0tvj5Qd.jpg Version 0.7

Sorry, but the picture is unfortunately not the best example for the changes.

Edited by Picolly

Looks nice and I will try it for sure.

Sorry, but are you the same person that released Landtex for Chernarus?

Hi , i think better to change in config rather than make big download

maybe both config and whatever you change is also good ?

i use these to achieve easier less intrusive way to change terrain performance tec , so i have 1 deluxe , one normal and one High FPS

clutterGrid = ;

clutterDist = ;

noDetailDist =;

fullDetailDist = ;

midDetailTexture = "";

satelliteNormalBlendStart = ;

satelliteNormalBlendEnd = ;

Looks nice and I will try it for sure.

Sorry, but are you the same person that released Landtex for Chernarus?

Yes, that's me. :yay:

Hi , i think better to change in config rather than make big download

maybe both config and whatever you change is also good ?

i use these to achieve easier less intrusive way to change terrain performance tec , so i have 1 deluxe , one normal and one High FPS

Awesome, but, what a tease.. what settings do you use for these (deluxe, normal, an high fps)??

Yes, that's me. :yay:

YOU are my hero! Landtex for Chernarus one of the most underrated mods of all time!

I just downloaded it but apparently I got 0.1 instead of the more recent 0.7. Does somebody have a direct download link (or armaholic) for the newer version?

Because.....

The next Version 0.7 will bring back some Details. Will come in a few Days.