Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

3 hours ago, Zhivets said:

It got removed from the Workshop a while back because it was using assets ripped from DayZ.

Wow! I didn't know that was the case. ^^ ......it kinda makes sense now, the quality of the assets are top-notch.  

Edit.

@R0adki11 feel free to remove those pics, i had no idea about the history behind that particular mod. :unhappy:

On 8/19/2017 at 10:55 AM, Zhivets said:

It got removed from the Workshop a while back because it was using assets ripped from DayZ.

A real shame we cannot use DayZ's assets in Arma-they have some lovely stuff. Especially the BDU, which nobody has ever really made for Arma 3 strangely.

Top notch pics from @Evil Organ over the last couple of days.

• Like 4

Just now, Evil Organ said:

@direone Your latest storyboard is very cool. :thumbs-up:

Thanks a lot mate! later today or tomorrow i will post the second part as i thougt to make it only after i posted the first set of pictures lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blacktitan99 said:

Hi everybody, anyone know the link of "BFST mod" used in @ineptaphid's last photo ?

it's a private mod, hasnt released

5 hours ago, Blacktitan99 said:

Ok thanks

5 hours ago, Ltf said:

it's a private mod, hasnt released

It is nearing completion-I would think it will be out soon.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

does BFST  have these backpacks? or is that a different mod?

BFST

• Like 1

@Evil Organ Your pictures are simply outstanding! Like it feels like real life and many many times I confused the normal vanilla units for being a mod when in reality they aren't :D 

i noticed the post process effects in recolour, maybe if you want to could you share it via PM or here? :) Would be really cool to implement it in a mission or campaign! (a normal mission with these effects would seem like a whole new mod gameplay wise)

props to ya! 

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words man, I appreciate that. ^^

2 hours ago, Cydoemus said:

i noticed the post process effects in recolour, maybe if you want to could you share it via PM or here? :) Would be really cool to implement it in a mission or campaign! (a normal mission with these effects would seem like a whole new mod gameplay wise)

There are already a few I posted in Greenfist's ReColor thread, I'll make a point of compiling some more of the more interesting ones and share them in the same thread. 

I'd urge anyone who hasn't used ReColor to try it and best of all experiment with it........among those sliders is a real sweet spot where subtle little tweaks can take my breath away.  

Splendid Camera and ReColor truly are a marriage made in heaven, both can make this beautiful game engine really shine......(naturally, my own mods help too!) :tounge_o: 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Thanks for the kind words man, I appreciate that. ^^

There are already a few I posted in Greenfist's ReColor thread, I'll make a point of compiling some more of the more interesting ones and share them in the same thread. 

I'd urge anyone who hasn't used ReColor to try it and best of all experiment with it........among those sliders is a real sweet spot where subtle little tweaks can take my breath away.  

Splendid Camera and ReColor truly are a marriage made in heaven, both can make this beautiful game engine really shine......(naturally, my own mods help too!) :tounge_o: 

True that :D im sorta used to the basic bright colour but noticed it was too ugly sometimes :P (The daylights rarely feel like it, heck all of my screenshots are early morning or sunsets) I used to take pictures in the cameraOld before I discovered the splendid camera. Oh how I felt like an idiot!

Il check those presets out as soon as I wake up immediately :)

Thanks for sharing it mate!

I don't know what's going on with this Malden Civil War, but I'm glad the photojournalists here are covering it so well.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Mynock said:

I don't know what's going on with this Malden Civil War, but I'm glad the photojournalists here are covering it so well.

Was going to say the same. It's always cool when people expand on the game's actual canon, and Malden's civil war is a good setting for pics. It somewhat mirrors issues happening in the world today.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Was going to say the same. It's always cool when people expand on the game's actual canon, and Malden's civil war is a good setting for pics. It somewhat mirrors issues happening in the world today.

Its certainly a different direction, as Malden seems to have gone the direction of been eastern bloc. I thought what with with happened in 1985 they would have stuck with NATO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Its certainly a different direction, as Malden seems to have gone the direction of been eastern bloc. I thought what with with happened in 1985 they would have stuck with NATO. 

True...although the whole island seems to have moved to the Aegean in the intervening 30 years, so I suppose anything is possible :D

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

True...although the whole island seems to have moved to the Aegean in the intervening 30 years, so I suppose anything is possible :D

Where was Malden originally located?

3 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Well i dont think it has a specific location, but it;s style definitely leaned towards an Eastern Europe/ Soviet Union look. Although i suppose as it was under soviet control, that made sense.

7 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Well i dont think it has a specific location, but it;s style definitely leaned towards an Eastern Europe/ Soviet Union look. Although i suppose as it was under soviet control, that made sense.

That's different to the facts portrayed in Operation Flashpoint as it was the home to a US Military base (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Malden). Kolgujev was the more Soviet looking island. (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Kolgujev).

Though these malden screenshots have give me some ideas for my own, i think Troska Troop (Nogovan Special Forces) will have to be mobilised. :f:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stburr91 said:

It might have been located in the Greek island of Lefkada. I'm not sure if it's correct but the geography is really similar!!

Real Malden

Topography of Malden is based on the Greek island of Lefkas in the Ionian sea.

As per R0adkills link

• Like 6

I kitted up some of my own style malden boys for scenarios and screenshots: multicam M88 uniforms from project opfor, ranger green CPCs from Spec4Gear, olive PASGT helmets from RHS SAF, and HK33 assault rifles from NIArms with TA31 optics from RHS USAF. I figured they'd be more westernized and they could compromise good equipment for small overall troop garrison. I accidentally saved some screenshots with heavy compression so they were ruined though lmao.

edit:aaand I did it again