Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

1 hour ago, kilo-bravo said:

what mod are the backpacks on the pictures  稽Funny 滑   posted from

They are from an as yet unreleased mod called BFST..although he seems to have been retexturing them as the are currently only in OD and French CE camo.

30 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

They are from an as yet unreleased mod called BFST..although he seems to have been retexturing them as the are currently only in OD and French CE camo.

Nah man there were one in aor1 in one of the update of the mod 

1 minute ago, direone said:

Nah man there were one in aor1 in one of the update of the mod 

Oh..well shut my mouth then. I didnt notice :f:

• Like 1

Nice pic.

However (I might be wrong of course), but in such situation, I think the pilote would deploy the landing gear in case of emergency landing or whatever, wouldn't he?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

ah thanks

21 hours ago, wiki said:

Nice pic.

However (I might be wrong of course), but in such situation, I think the pilote would deploy the landing gear in case of emergency landing or whatever, wouldn't he?

I was wondering how that shot was created. If the creator would share how he did it, it would be appreciated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I was wondering how that shot was created. If the creator would share how he did it, it would be appreciated.

What can you not work out? The chopper is just backed up to the roof by the player. The guys on the roof are ai using static animations from Direone's animation pack. Post your  questions here and i will help.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2017 at 11:04 PM, ineptaphid said:

What can you not work out? The chopper is just backed up to the roof by the player. The guys on the roof are ai using static animations from Direone's animation pack. Post your  questions here and i will help.

How did he get the unit on the helicopter ramp.

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

How did he get the unit on the helicopter ramp.

probably attach to command

• Like 2

I've seen quite a bunch of photos with stunning sunsets and bright yellow sky's. How is that possible? It looks real great! Is it a mod? Or some magic editing skills? 

Cheers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cydoemus said:

I've seen quite a bunch of photos with stunning sunsets and bright yellow sky's. How is that possible? It looks real great! Is it a mod? Or some magic editing skills? 

Cheers!

It's not difficult at all. In the picture below, what I did was go into the splendid camera, then set the time to sunset/sunrise-whichever you like. Then you want to turn the aperture setting up-this will cause the image to darken. After a minute or two of playing with the aperture, and moving the daytime slider as well as the actual time passing slider(forgot it's name)(the bottom one) you will soon find the exact setting you want. Darkening the image at sunset will soon cause the map to darken and make the sun much more intensely orange/red.

Zq97ZOn.jpg

Doing the opposite and decreasing the aperture can give a nice overexposed look for bright hot desert pics as it will dramatically increase ambient light.

wpGGjvt.png

This decrease in aperture  will also allow you to take pictures at night with objects clearly visible-

PXEEZAS.jpg

• Like 14

9 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

It's not difficult at all. In the picture below, what I did was go into the splendid camera, then set the time to sunset/sunrise-whichever you like. Then you want to turn the aperture setting up-this will cause the image to darken. After a minute or two of playing with the aperture, and moving the daytime slider as well as the actual time passing slider(forgot it's name)(the bottom one) you will soon find the exact setting you want. Darkening the image at sunset will soon cause the map to darken and make the sun much more intensely orange/red.

Thanks for taking the time to explain :grinning:

Edited by R0adki11
typo
  • Like 4

@ineptaphidgreat idea on making screenshots based on real events, i look forward to seeing more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

@ineptaphidgreat idea on making screenshots based on real events, i look forward to seeing more.

Thanks. I was a little wary of doing it-I didnt want to annoy anyone or trivialise real conflict's events etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Thanks. I was a little wary of doing it-I didnt want to annoy anyone or trivialise real conflict's events etc.

There is no harm in been wary, you will just have to make a judgement call on which are ok to do.

1 hour ago, WO1 Halverson said:

Anyone know what helmet/backpack mod these are in? Would literally suck someones dick for these.

PC: Memura Takahashi

https://imgur.com/DkkY3AT

lol is all I gotta say, first off anyway. Secondly I think those are from a private addon by Sakuraba. I really hope they get released publicly as well. Some excellent looking material in there. 

Oh and I also think these modified vests originally by Adacas that have 7.62x39mm mags that Cherkasov posted are sick as well. 

https://i.gyazo.com/d3085c9837ad3451d5db694aebd718ab.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/93186e5cbdba1d43e537a4639d6adec2.jpg 

10 hours ago, WO1 Halverson said:

Anyone know what helmet/backpack mod these are in? Would literally suck someones dick for these.

PC: Memura Takahashi

https://imgur.com/DkkY3AT

No backpacks, the pouches on the back are part of the vest and both vest and helmet are from private mods that had to remain private...teorically

• Like 1

Somebody just posted pics of operators with animations posing for selfies. 

Oh dear God please make it stop, stop with the operator poser pics, it's gone on too long, and has gone too far. LoL

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Somebody just posted pics of operators with animations posing for selfies. 

Oh dear God please make it stop, stop with the operator poser pics, it's gone on too long, and has gone too far. LoL

I am pretty sure everyone has the right to post whatever he likes as long as it's not against the forum rules (you know, offensive content and such).

And a bunch of men taking shelfies isn't really that offensive.

I don't see what your problem is with someone posting something he thought was cool.

It's like you like fast food but I prefer italian, I can't just ask you to stop eating fast food because I don't like it. You have the right to eat whatever you want I am pretty sure. So let these people have the right to post whatever THEY want. If you don't like it you have the option to ignore it. I don't know what is so hard about ignoring something. I am pretty sure you are not the only one that doesn't like some certain kind of picture but you are the only one that came out to say it.

10 minutes ago, Alex150201 said:

I am pretty sure everyone has the right to post whatever he likes as long as it's not against the forum rules (you know, offensive content and such).

And a bunch of men taking shelfies isn't really that offensive.

I don't see what your problem is with someone posting something he thought was cool.

It's like you like fast food but I prefer italian, I can't just ask you to stop eating fast food because I don't like it. You have the right to eat whatever you want I am pretty sure. So let these people have the right to post whatever THEY want. If you don't like it you have the option to ignore it. I don't know what is so hard about ignoring something. I am pretty sure you are not the only one that doesn't like some certain kind of picture but you are the only one that came out to say it.

Yes, people can post what they want, but I can also comment as I see fit as long as I don't break the rules.

I'm just saying the operator posers pics are getting old (I know I'm not the only one with think opinion), and selfie animations are just too much for me. Lighten up, and don't take it so personally.   

• Like 1