Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What mod's/missions do you want to see in ArmA 3 Alpha?

People saying JSRS, blastcore etc.

Really I'm hoping the sound and explosions will have been improved enough that mods like that aren't neccessary.

I hope for that too but there is always option to get it better :))

I would like to see a practical grappling hook to assist climbing up onto objects and buildings.

And the ability to interact with static objects based on physics. Able to move small objects by hand, larger objects pushed with vehicles.

I'll be trying to figure out how to get character models over into ArmA3.

Ace

Acre

JSRS - As much as I like to be proven wrong, I can pretty much guarantee that sounds will not be up to the high standard of JSRS. This is based on the demonstration video (yes, it was an early video, still) with poor sounds, BIS track record and their statements about wanting to get this game out pronto this year. Doesn't bother me so much as a modder will come along and improve on that.

ASR-AI - Again, same as above. I do hope to see improvement in this area, but doubt it will be anything of the caliber that ASR-AI has shown. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

ACE and ACRE definitely

And of course modern stuff: modern weapons, tanks, choppers, planes, cars, APCs etc - not just futuristic equipment we have now.

I'll be trying to figure out how to get character models over into ArmA3.

Yeah, Force Recons would be very nice! :yay:

Mods:

@ACE, @ACRE - not the same game without them

@mcc_sandbox

@kyo_MH74E (Chinook)

@exa_rg31 (MRAPs)

@rangers

@yup_blackhawks

For the AI:

@ASR_AI

@DAC

@tpwcas

@dapman_auto

some sort of UPSMON script equivalent

snkman to come back and give us GL5 :p

Missions:

(!Domi)

MSO

TFOR

Patrol Ops

Insurgency

Road Rage (please Celery....)

Ace3

JSRS

and some Nice stuff from Binkowski :)

mabye a Mass Effect (Mass Effect with ARMA a Dream) mod ;)

Edited by rAMMY

As soon as we get dedicated servers (could be Beta, who knows), I'd love to see Wasteland ported over to some extent as a means of exploring the new island.

Once we have well-rounded content, I need Warfare. :cool:

As far as addons go, I want to see my favorite A2 islands ported over ASAP: Chernarus, Fallujah, Lingor, Celle 2, and others.

ACRE, BAF, UKF and some present day opfor units will do me just fine. I'd like to see JSRS return too as the default BAF sounds are kinda poor imo.

Ace

Acre

JSRS - As much as I like to be proven wrong, I can pretty much guarantee that sounds will not be up to the high standard of JSRS. This is based on the demonstration video (yes, it was an early video, still) with poor sounds, BIS track record and their statements about wanting to get this game out pronto this year. Doesn't bother me so much as a modder will come along and improve on that.

ASR-AI - Again, same as above. I do hope to see improvement in this area, but doubt it will be anything of the caliber that ASR-AI has shown. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

If a whole proper team of professional developers can't improve the AI to at least the standard of the ASR AI mod (and I expect quite a lot better than that) then there is something seriously wrong.

To be honest as a Gamemode developer I would love to see some Base gamemodes such as CTI and Insurgency which is OpenSource and allows people to build on them aswell as MSO.

No offense to the DayZ community, but I don't want to see Arma 3 DayZ anytime soon. DayZ is fun and a good gamemode but I don't want all the scripty kiddies with there hacks.

As for mods I want to see

ACE and ACRE.

Obviously having ACE and ACRE stable versions would be great, but I know that porting them will take quite some time. The problem is, nowadays I can't play without ACRE otherwise is doesn't feel like the sim I want it to be. I can be patient though, let the modders mod away!

#1 for me has to be DAC, I use it pretty much every mission I make..

Honestly the more I see of the futuristic stuff the more I'm turned off. Futuristic speculations always turn out to be more or less wrong. I want to see contemporary equipment as in the current edition of Arma 2.

As for plug ins I hope the Planned Assault guy gets on the Alpha/Beta thing as fast as possible. I love Planned Assault

http://www.plannedassault.com/

I said I wanted ACE and ACRE but as for missions, I want nothing more complicated than foothill patrols. Camping out at night and getting ambushed by an opfor specs ops team with all those new muzzle effects, there are going to be some awesome firefights.

My STALKER island..! ;)

Man I loooooooovvvvve STALKER, particularly the first version with the ABC mod.

Hmmm, what mods or missions do I want to see. I'd like to see a Takistani Forces mod (yep, will be doing that), as well as a regular US Army infantry addon. While, yes, BIS has named the main force 7th Infantry, their gear screams SOF. They seem more like Rangers, not standard infantry. I mean, seriously, no neck or groin protection? So I want to see I guess some uparmored US forces, something more reminiscent of regular infantry. Also want to see some SF addons, like ACE units (Army Compartmented Element, not Advanced Combat Environment). Oh, and there won't be an ACE3 because I don't think the team supports A3 on Steam.

I really want to see Project Reality get ported soon, that mod made public PvP palatable.

Oh, and a Ragdoll Button mod :V