Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

What mod's/missions do you want to see in ArmA 3 Alpha?

I'd actually love to see a medic type scenario/mod where you go into a dangerous zone and have to treat a VIP (like a government official or something) and then extract them under fire by chopper or Humvee or something to a triage unit. One of my goals this year is to learn coding a bit better in my spare time and hopefully attempt to get into making that sort of thing, just so I can do it myself and don't have to wait and see if someone else does it. :D

Also I'd like to see a map that has a tunnel of some kind haha, like going through a mountain or something. I think that'd be pretty sweet. :)

I'd like to see a man-portable jetpack or James Bond suitcase airplane :)

I'd like to see a man-portable jetpack or James Bond suitcase airplane :)

Make it so Number 1

I'd like to see a man-portable jetpack

That'd be pretty awesome! Could be based on the model used in the first successful flight from back in 2008 over the English channel. :)

or James Bond suitcase airplane :)

It occurs to me you probably mean a UAV type thing, but this particular scene from the Simpsons came to mind. :P

We have only heard about Physx being used for vehicle driving, so don't hold your breath. Also, it's unknown what it will take to create a physx compatible mesh. I doubt in the furthest most extremity of doubts that it's a matter of putting "physx=1" in the model.cfg. This is not to mention exactly what you mean by dynamic destruction. BI has not said anything about dynamic deformation or anything about destruction effects to my knowledge. Besides, if they are not explicitly modelled for destruction, then without the MLODs, any mod is shit out of luck. So, I think your hopes for a dynamic destruction vehicle mod that adds much to the original game is fairly well still-born.

I am pretty much aware of all of that however I find that my (totally and irredeemably insane) enthusiasm generates much more inspiration over mediocrity. I generally hope someone with my enthusiasm (though slightly less insane) and skills modding Arma (which I lack) may one day decide to take up the challenge.

On the other hand what I meant by dynamic destruction was in the totally extreme sense a script that dynamically generated fractures to the much more conservative and realistic predetermined fracture points that are either already part of the mesh (modelled for destruction) or part of a MLOD system. (what does the M stand for, mesh?).

I am not holding my breath however and generally believe that I will enjoy what comes Tuesday and subsequent days of the alpha... goddamn you hyperkulturemia.

I would like to see ACRE ASAP, it brings so much to the MP

Then ACE, ASR_AI and TPWAC

well I dont think we will get many mods to speak of, but missions would be a nice thing to have, wouldnt mind seeing something along the lines of Warfare or Domination.

Also would like to see some PvP maps such as AAS and AAD.

and those inbetween PvP and PvE maps such as C-Insurgency.

Possibly due to the new movement system we can see some more small scale PvP such as (counter strikeish) bomb diffusion or actual capture the flag, even gun game :)

These will be fun and provide lots of hours of fun, hopefully people wont rage on me as I do enjoy a variety of missions, so just because I say counter strike I dont mean I want it to be exactly like counter strike.

It will be a good way to test the CQB of Arma 3 as weve never really had a CQB type missions and whenever we do its always carp :/

I'll be porting the M4 pack with all the attachments to customize the weapon as well as the same with an M16

An Virtual Battle Space VTS mission could be great, it's so much more fun to make missions when you're already ingame.

or Domination.

I'd love to get Yura Petrov's Blackhawks with improved avionics, and also Unsung mod with whole UH-1 package (and some jungle map), both with a proper TOH FM.

I do not want to see the exact same missions from ArmA2 ported to ArmA3, I hope that all mission makers and scripters will be a bit more original and inventive then plain porting of arma2 missions. ArmA2 will still be there and those missions can still be played on ArmA2.

I believe the Alpha only contains the smallest map, if so, then large scale missions might not be doable yet. I will definitely create some coop spec-ops missions with divers objectives, no idea how the storyline would go though because my head is still filled with taliban type scenario's :)

I hope for ACRE and ACE 2 and in future ACE 3.

ACE 3, JSRS (soundmod, must have), BlastcoreVisuals or related but better.

This.

I hope there will be many scenarios for singleplayer :o

GitsEvolution(already know answer to that :)), or Wins/Mihey's EvoFFARed. an of course ACE.

Edited by Call_911

People saying JSRS, blastcore etc.

Really I'm hoping the sound and explosions will have been improved enough that mods like that aren't neccessary. The default sound is arma 2 is really bad so JSRS is pretty much a must for that but I'd like to think they will have done something about that and also improved explosion and smoke effects.