Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Day Z Announced as standalone title.

Yeah, the small differences matter :O New ground texture + volumetric clouds + slightly different color scheme = wow!

Yeah, the small differences matter :O New ground texture + volumetric clouds + slightly different color scheme = wow!

It's clearly some nice features :)

I was sold at the sight of those voluptuous boots

Good morning! ;)

Source: DayZ devblog

Yeah, I was almost late for work because of this. Releasing 15 minute videos at 6 in the morning is cruel. ;)

The clothing system is pretty cool, and it will be interesting to see how many different items they make. At the very least, it should be pretty easy to make multiple color variations of the different shirts, sweaters, hoodies, coats, pants etc., so finally there will be a lot more variation in how the characters look.

I wonder if that map will be made available to ArmA users :) enterable buildings for Chernarus is a great improvement and worth a pay-for download IMO.

Jea imagine u play DayZ, come back to ArmA and old Chernarus is boring like hell... on the other hand, Cherno and Elektro are still unplayable in empty Editor (3.5 years after release of ArmA 2 and 2 hardware upgrades on my end), i dont dare to think about how DayZ Standalone performs when almost all buildings will be enterable.

And i hope to see some improvements on grass clutter... theres GDT plants addons that removes the "popping up" of gras in front of the player, it looks WAY better

on the other hand, Cherno and Elektro are still unplayable in empty Editor (3.5 years after release of ArmA 2 and 2 hardware upgrades on my end)

Well i have played Domination on full severs in all cities countless of times without a issue, pretty sure it must have been playable for a lot of the people i played along with.

You must be doing something wrong when upgrading!!!

Edited by JW Custom
typo

I wonder if that map will be made available to ArmA users :) enterable buildings for Chernarus is a great improvement and worth a pay-for download IMO.

I second this motion!

I hope at least they release the upgraded buildings, so they can be implemented in user made islands.

Imagine e.g Podagorsk with enterable buildings :D

Hmm... wouldn't be the swamp better somewhere in the North perhaps (as standing water) eg "Dark Swamp" area? What about beeing able to carry/move objects like chairs, tables etc instead of crawling on the floor and trying to get those tin cans? What about player and AI beeing suddenly killed just because of opening/closing gates (or doors) and other stuff?

There's no AI except zombies or animals, "soldier AI" is entirely gone from the standalone.

Going through rocket's Reddit comments... DayZ standalone builds are already on Steam, "DayZ is confirmed for a Steam release, instantly, once we are happy with the build status", and "The updates occur whenever someone pushes the "Publish Dayz to steam" button on our build server. Which probably happens about 5 or 6 times a day, as a number of our artists use direct Steam copies of Dayz for testing."

Edited by Chortles

Looks incredible, the goal is the wrong way round though ;)

Looks incredible, the goal is the wrong way round though ;)

Damn teenagers and their pranks!

I'm personally glad that it has become stand alone. I'm sure that most of the normal ArmA community is content as well. I have nothing against the mod/game, but was not fond of the community it brought forth. (Many others think the same) Arma is a military simulator, with such a large DayZ fanbase, we lose out on regular Arma experiences, so I am, once again, happy that this has been addressed in a proper manner. Win/Win situation if you ask me.