Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

The Lite version is freely available for download, as an official patch hotfix. If you're not running that or don't have ACR you're just lazy.

Why should anyone need to be forced to like and play with "the most bugged DLC" even as lite version? If you want missions which require ACR DLC that badly just go and make some. It should be up to the people to decide what they need/like to enjoy a game - not a developer or publisher or distribution platform/company.

I just downloaded the lite version to see what all the fuss is about...

Anyway the 3 maps provided with it are genius imo, they could have been slightly better with not having towns and settlements so close to the edges, I've seen the posts with people crying that they are only cut down versions etc, well yes they are and that's the beauty of them, especially for me and how I setup missions using scripts like dac/hac etc these maps are perfect as the originals were always at times too big for what I needed.

The Lite version is freely available for download, as an official patch hotfix. If you're not running that or don't have ACR you're just lazy.

Or your new to arma, don't follow the forums and are not aware of how to get it or that it's even available. Do you know a post that BIS made anywhere? in game...on here, in email etc etc.. that said you can get this content? If they want to distribute it this way they need to at least have a message in game to alert people to its existence.

As I said earlier, all you get is some generic error message when you try to join and ACR server. So how are new players to know?

And maybe they are "lazy"...if so then I don't care, just force it on everyone so the rest of us can enjoy it.. because until the vast majority of "lazy" people get it, severs wont bother their ass to add the content.

Why should anyone need to be forced to like and play with "the most bugged DLC" even as lite version? If you want missions which require ACR DLC that badly just go and make some. It should be up to the people to decide what they need/like to enjoy a game - not a developer or publisher or distribution platform/company.

I never said anyone should be forced to play it (or like it, not sure where you got that from)....they should be forced to own it.

And your answer to some one who wants to play missions online with other people that use the ACR content (like a Domination mission etc) is to "just go and make some"...right...and for the rest of us in the real world? You think BAF and PMC should have been distributed the same way? Don't you think it defeats the purpose of Lite DLC not splitting the community?

--------------

Additionally, I just checked the file size of the ACR lite patch.....107mb wow....why did they not include it with the last patch? I thought it was to keep file size down...obviously not as 107mb is pathetically small these days. There is no reason for it not to be included just like BAF and PMC. It defeats the whole great concept of compatible DLC they came up with to leave it out of official distribution. The whole purpose of "lite DLC" was to not split the community....well guess what happens when you do it this ACR way?

Edited by -=seany=-

They didn't include ACR Lite in OA patch, because it requires both ArmA2 and OA.

Anyone else have a problem with the Pandur's ATGMs? Every time I try firing it, be it locked or not, all I get is the sound of it launching, and the visual launch effect, nothing more. No missile, not hit.

Anyone else have a problem with the Pandur's ATGMs? Every time I try firing it, be it locked or not, all I get is the sound of it launching, and the visual launch effect, nothing more. No missile, not hit.

Never had an issue, were you running any mods?

Discounts? It's dirt cheap already, extremely high value for money compared to other DLC:s. Go on Steam and check how much a DLC for another game costs, for only a map or two, or maybe just some new game modes or weapons. With ACR you get new maps, new weapons, vehicles, aircraft, a SP campaign and a few single missions. I can't think of any DLC for another game that can match that... and all for about the same price as a simple lunch at a restaurant, or one or two beers at the pub. Just buy it already...

Discounts? It's dirt cheap already, extremely high value for money compared to other DLC:s. Go on Steam and check how much a DLC for another game costs, for only a map or two, or maybe just some new game modes or weapons. With ACR you get new maps, new weapons, vehicles, aircraft, a SP campaign and a few single missions. I can't think of any DLC for another game that can match that... and all for about the same price as a simple lunch at a restaurant, or one or two beers at the pub. Just buy it already...

I'm not interested in other games' DLCs:) It's their problem, they may sell even one soldier model at the price of $50, I don't care. With ACR I would get edited, bugged and cropped variants of old maps, retextured community addons and really new weapons and some of vehicles. So I wonder if any Christmas sales are planned? Don't want to feed someone's greediness but also respect copyright laws so some discount for this medium-size addon-pack would be very-very nice.

I must say that i bought it way before it was released, but never installed it after reading the comments.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Never had an issue, were you running any mods?

Some, but nothing that should conflict with it. ACE, Frenchpoint, SAM (though the problem predates the latter mod).

I have all dlc BIS released except this one, once steam had a sale on it, went to buy it.

I must say, once I got it, I had so much fun with the new dlc, the weapons are amazing, the plane looks great, the textures are so so amazing. And the tips, on every loading screen there are tips, now I bet someone will make an addon to change them to something funny.

This is my favorite dlc from now on. The baf one was ok, the PMC was great, but this one is amazing, the new map that's looks a bit like cherno is nice, a bit empty as far as I saw, but mountany a bit.

Didn't look at the other one and the campaign, so we'll see about that,

Excuse me for the noob question, but is it possible to use Steam version of ACR with non-Steam A2:CO?

I haven't read 137 pages and most likeley this comment will never be read.

There are no town/village/place names on the maps. That's quite annoying.

Instead of the two new maps (that are not really that usefull) many little existing things should have been improved, such as backpacks for ALL units and so on.

We all go to photograph their two F16s at the airport and overcrowd their prisons =)

We all go to photograph their two F16s at the airport and overcrowd their prisons =)

Moreover I may drink this beauty and try to perform a flight on one of them.

in the armory mode, the new maps come with ACR dlc are totally messed up. i tried many times, always has something missing from the terrain. in one shooting range case, there is no visible target at all and soon it says i missed too many target so mission failed.

in the armory mode, the new maps come with ACR dlc are totally messed up. i tried many times, always has something missing from the terrain. in one shooting range case, there is no visible target at all and soon it says i missed too many target so mission failed.

Yeah, and the shoot house there are no buildings, only targets, and the pop really wierd.