Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Razor squad was a pain to command as it is in Harvest Red, I can see why they would like to limit the number of AI under direct command in infantry squads in the main campaign, especially if one of end game conditions is the loss of a unit.

I only employ AI in the form of cannon fodder in pretty much every scenario from online to single player.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Actually, main reason for using four member team in this mission is the fact your vehicle and most of vehicles you find later in the mission have only four seats ;)

I don't get how an 8 man squad is any harder to control than 4. The menu is already complicated as it is, the only difference is that you can select more units. The game already uses so much of the keyboard I don't see why it's such an issue.

The main issue is that having more teammembers increases the chance of you being spotted prematurely (because the formations tend to be bigger), or one of the AI soldiers wandering off due to shoddy pathfinding and ending up getting killed. Especially in missions where losing a teammember fails the mission (like Harvest Red), this can be a pain.

It's also much more time consuming to micro manage 8 people than 4. And if you want the AI to be efficient in battle, you need to micro manage them.

Maybe for you guys. I personally don't have any more trouble controlling 8 than 4. As for the vehicle thing, just give us another vehicle. ;) I find 4 to be more cumbersome since you can't do nearly as much maneuver wise with only four, especially when one of them is made of gold and diamonds (medic). So really three soldiers and a guy that hides in the back.

Edited by GRS

Will this DLC ever be available on DVD?

I have ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA and ArmA 2 Reinforcements on DVD, and I'd hate to break up the pattern. :)

Yeah, but I'd still prefer it, if it ever becomes available.

E: well, I gave up and bought it from BIS' store. Will there be any incompatibility problems if I try to install it with the lite patch already installed?

Edited by Concurssi

Does the ACR DLC use content from BWMod? Because I saw this on the Dingo's turret screen.

http://i.imgur.com/oA1bN.jpg?1

Considering how lackluster a good chunk of the content in this DLC is already, I'm really hoping you don't tell me I paid ten bucks for something which is already free.

Why on earth do I need to add the ACR folder to my modline if I'm using mods or the beta?

Will this DLC ever be available on DVD?

I have ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA and ArmA 2 Reinforcements on DVD, and I'd hate to break up the pattern. :)

I seriously doubt they are going to release a new expansion on DVD for what is a single DLC. Unless they charge it 30€ like they did for Reinforcements..

In Czech rep. (maybe in Slovakia too) we have DVD version available for ~20 Euro

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed it's still pre-order.

Edited by kllrt

The content looks interesting but the material really doesn't :(

+1

New units and weapons are always welcome but rehashed sections of old maps is not.

eg. I know proving grounds isn't used much but its far better than ACR's cut and paste effort... B+ for achivement, F for effort

Why on earth do I need to add the ACR folder to my modline if I'm using mods or the beta?

Same, something is broken.

hey there i76 :)

My statement was actually meant for the first promo shots of the ACR DLC and not the content/maps of the DLC ;)

I think the summer maps are not a bad thing at all. Though a lot of people have been reporting extremely bad LOD's on the trees for some reason. :/

loving the new ACR content - £8 not a bad price

the octavia could do with a little work on the lights !!

octavia_ACR_lights_zpsc1325376.jpg

Sorry if I'm jsut missing it, but does anyone have a list of weapon names to be used with addweapon and whatnot?

I really liked the look and loadouts of the original ACR SF. After the DLC they changed the models and armed them with those rubbish Bren's.

I am really struggling to find good reasons to keep this DLC loaded.

THIS whole video really developers must see. It's about what's wrong and needs to be fixed in DLC. (Warning: It's in Czech)

And creators of video are ready to help them to fix it. (They serve in Czech army)

Edited by kllrt

I've purchased the ACR DLC on Steam but unable to play it for some reason. Can anyone help me, please?

Do you hae UAC in Windows turned off?

If not, are you running Steam as administrator?

Seems to be a common problem.

And just to be sure, you do have ArmA 2 CO from Steam as well, right?