Sign in to follow this  
meester

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

Maybe something about dogfights..

A WWI mod with bayonet/e-tool simulation. I'm doing some modern day trench warfare in the editor, it's intense.

Maybe something about dogfights..

you don't need any mods for that. just play around in editor a bit.

I expect noone to make me any mods, however I would like to see ACE and ACRE in Arma 3.

On the otherhand I have a few plans of my own:

-More missions (and release them here and not only on my clans server)

-BAE Hawk 2 seat trainer (working on the basis of new flight model for jets as well as being able to pass the controls over like in TOH)

-Some ships if the engine supports them well enough. (mainly smaller ships unless I can get a few people to help me)

I expect some really good modern-day units, weaponry, vehicles to come out.

I can imagine some creative modders going wild with the futuristic style though...

I know that the game is AT LEAST 6 months away still, but I am interested if anyone has any good mod ideas they have thought of?

Why don't you share it with the rest of the class?

There's no shame here.

Project Reality (or similar) (Assuming its similar to the Bf2 version)

Dayz

Some sort of extremely advanced air based content

A similar thread was created some time ago.... Imo such "A3 mod/addon request" wishful thinking/dream threads should be open/active if A3 is released. No need to clutter forum twice or multiple time with such threads. Just stay patient, keep cool and maybe even try to learn how to create something.

A similar thread was created some time ago.... Imo such "A3 mod/addon request" wishful thinking/dream threads should be open/active if A3 is released. No need to clutter forum twice or multiple time with such threads. Just stay patient, keep cool and maybe even try to learn how to create something.

My bad.. I did a search for similar threads but didn't find one.

The goal behind this thread was to spark excitement and seek collaboration on possible future modding projects.

I actually had two ideas in mind that I wanted to get the community's opinion on:

1. A modern Nazi Germany "4th Reich" mod which would add a possible future rise to power of another fuhrer.

and

2. A "Halo" mod of sorts. What I planned to add was the UNSC Marines, Navy and Air Force to battle against the United Rebel Front (URF).

With this, the Halo lovers (myself included) can get an ArmA taste of Halo while sticking to a more plausible/realistic enemy. Insurrectionists trying to take down the UNSC and its government instead of cult following aliens.

Mod ideas not mod whish-list, guys.

But yeah, this thread is redundant, as pointed out by NoRailgunner.

maybe like this: all players start somewhere on the map.. all cities are occupied by AI Soldiers, maybe not all (with some luck there could be a civ town we can occupy).. etc maybe some empty vehicles can be found or can be stolen...

we can conquer a city and make diplomatic peace with other players cities, but we can also fight other players... our cities gives us income we can build ai soldier armys or we can give money to our allys..

we can make alliances we can make all vs all.. its up to the player crowd.. we can betray etc etc, we can leave the game and gift our stuff to another player or give it back to the AI...

just like the old cardboardgames.. maybe it is a littlebit too long game mode, so it could be forced only on a smaller part of the map, or the smaller map in A3..

could be persistent mode, but must not be..

Edited by tremanarch

If the editor is actually in the 3D (we've not seen any proof of this yet saddly) then I'm thinking of trying out a "lego" building, made mostly of objects within a husk or something like that. Up until now it's been a major pain to do any such thing so I can't fault others for not bothering with it, who wants to place 1 wall and then spend who knows how long to set the next one and be sure that it's at least relatively close.

Otherwise I'm hoping that we'll be seeing mods that take advantage of Arma 3's new capabilities depending on what they are, perhaps tow vehicles, offroading courses, boat games. Also taking advantage of the new HDR and animation features, perhaps more variety's in how to use them along with using a few forms of indoor or otherwise close quarters combat, even if not realistic just to take advantage of the new engine. For example, a death match in a large club with multi colored strobes. Or a scenario where you're in a dark area and the only way players can fight one another is by using their flashlights, giving away their positions but also the only way to see things as well.

I'm also hoping to see some good old OFP shenanigans, perhaps a stunt/obstacle course to take advantage of the new physics while in hydraulic loaded shopping carts. Or perhaps something akin to army men whereupon you are in what appears to be a giant house fighting for control or whatever over various parts, with all manners of equipment. Imagine having ship to ship combat in a bath tub, or (once agian if 3D editor) a battle upon some mysterious platforms floating high within the new volumetric clouds.

Don't get me wrong I love simulation and look forward to all the military tech all will be putting out, but at the same I'd also love to see Arma's sandboxy nature expanded beyond just military, as civilian life and (sorry to upset yous guys) dayz have done, but in more than that, not just to follow strict codes of realism but put forth anything that comes to the imagination.

Edited by NodUnit

A was thinking of a new gametype, "Intercept or evade".

A pvp game where a group of mercenaries/spec ops get randomly assigned a list of objectives. (ex Kill this AI person, blow that radar up)

They have freedom to perform the ir mission as they will. (with the gear they have)

The other players are a response group on the island, they try to track the intruders and hunt them down. (off course with limited gear, 2helos and some vehicles for ex)

They are aided by AI patrols on the island whoreport something if they have an encounter or hear shots.

There's a time limit and an endscore will be given to each team depending on how many objectives are completed/prevented and how many of the intruders are intercepted.

It should be about trying to outthink your enemy, do teamwork and have a good plan.

Thing is, I have no experience whatsoever with modding or mission creation in Arma.

a mod to get access to all the Arma2 islands in the new engine, specially Chernarus!

I'd like to see BI port over all of the old ArmA2 weapons and vehicles instead of having a user-made mod. I get a feeling that the divide between "let's use futuristic stuff" and "let's be ultra-realistic and stick with current-day stuff" will cause another rift in the ArmA2 community, kind of like the rift between those who use ACE2/ACRE and those who don't. As the current ACE problems are bad enough already, it would be very bad to create another divider between groups of players. I'm afraid that a lot of the tactical realism units are going to stick with current military stuff, but that might just be me making stuff up.

RH weapon packs. AUG's, SA80 family, and some old AK's would be great.

ACE3 and ACRE, of course.

Icebreakr's islands.

PRACS.

All things British as I did with UKF, and now RKSL. Fair few of us coming back out of the woodwork for A3. That and working on Rock's IAP project where I can.

AUG's

Yours truly will have that covered :)

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

A soocerball to learn how to use this new physics stuff.

I'll be putting DZS into A3 as soon as possible. Also I look forward to seeing some excellent community islands!