Sign in to follow this  
meester

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

Revival of the Star Wars Mod :)

Can't find the thread now and according to it's developer he lost everything in a harddrive crash or so anyway. But there's this video here

which I watched countless hours again and again. It's just so much fun and still makes me wonder what could be possibly done with the Arma 3 engine related to the Star Wars Universe ...

Now when we can change outfit... Hitman: Codename ArmA. :rolleyes:

When i opened this thread i thought i will see people posting about what mods they will be creating themselves, or what they will get involved with. especially from the very vocal lads around those forums.

Instead, i only see what they expect from others. hmm...

Yeah, they're starting the addon request thread early...

I somewhat doubt there will be another BWmod release since the team disbanded quite a while ago and most of them seemingly quit the scene. The future of the German armed forces in ArmA looks splendid though as there are a whole slew of groups and individuals now that are working on Bundeswehr addons just like the BWmod team did. Check the ArmAtoren Modding Team, the Task Force 141 and (some random website) for just a few of them.

(Plugging fully intended.)

I still hope though that I won't have to redo the Fennek because the vanilla one turned out to be the dog's bollocks!

The future of the German armed forces in ArmA looks splendid though as there are a whole slew of groups and individuals now that are working on Bundeswehr addons just like the BWmod team did.

The problem is, there needs to be an opponent which is at the same tech level. Dunno if it is really cool to fight against railguns with stuff from the seventies.

Or mods need to make their own fictional weaponry or vehicles.

I hope we will see mods with russian weapons and vehicles soon, seems those are missing in A3 (hint @ russian community :))

Xeno

The problem is, there needs to be an opponent which is at the same tech level. Dunno if it is really cool to fight against railguns with stuff from the seventies.

Or mods need to make their own fictional weaponry or vehicles.

I hope we will see mods with russian weapons and vehicles soon, seems those are missing in A3 (hint @ russian community :))

Xeno

that is planned, no worries ;)

I would like to see an alien invasion mod with UFOs and stuff. I already saw one for ARMA 2 :D

A modern to futuristic take on Ekranoplans with military transport and anti-submarine designs in particular, might make one myself at some point.

Some of the vehicles and indeed Gears from the Metal Gear series, just to see how they really would actually fare on a modern battlefield.

Might try porting over my San Andreas Gekko for the lulz and I have already thought out the functionality of it utilising driver, gunner and commander aspects of the system but making it actually work would be a trick an a half no doubt.

But don't hold your breath as I lack the motivation to create mods these days.

Looking forward to a lot of the mods coming from the A2 modders in this topic already, one of the main reasons I will be getting A3 as well as it's potential awesomeness as a whole anyway.

I definitely won't be able to finish all of my Aliens stuff before ArmA 3, especially since I'm shipping out in September. So We'll see some REAL Sci-fi in ArmA 3 once I'm done with my massive project that I keep neglecting. :p

I might actually dip my feet into making islands/maps. Been wanting to do so for some time now.

Curiosity got the better of me so I went on Youtube to see what this DayZ mod is all about. Personally I don't have the slightest interest in zombie games so it's not something I'd play, but Bohemia Interactive would have to be fucking bonkers if they don't develop an official zombie game because there are literally tens of thousands of people veiwing those DayZ videos soon as they are uploaded. I'm no rocket scientist but I know for sure that if they make a zombie game using the arma3 engine and maps they will sell more copies of that game than any of their other titles.

i hope it wont come to that, becuase we already have alot of zombie games and zombie mods, it sucks enough that BI want to include DayZ mod in the next arma 2 patch, anyway, there are alot of zombie games and zombie mods for different games out.

I definitely won't be able to finish all of my Aliens stuff before ArmA 3, especially since I'm shipping out in September. So We'll see some REAL Sci-fi in ArmA 3 once I'm done with my massive project that I keep neglecting. :p

WHAT? You're working on Modding stuff related to Aliens universe?

Yeah, they're starting the addon request thread early...

Pfft, if I had any hardcore time and skills to help with any of this stuff, I gladly would! I for one feel bad that I want to see CAA1/OAC and CWR2 finished so people can experience ArmA 0 and ArmA 1 campaigns/missions in the ArmA II engine but I lack the tools to really assist in either project. All I can really offer with my knowledge of the games would be to test things, but I believe the bigger things that would need any level of improvement have to involve the complex mechanics under the hood, most of which I would not be able to identify.

Edited by Foffy

By Dean "Rocket" Hall

"I think that when someone says that modding is a declining trend, what they really mean, is that they hope its declining,".

True words!

I will make buildings (mainly large ones) with destroyable doors and windows.

In fact i have stopped most of my current activity for A2CO because i still don't know if there will be

huge changes (or no) in the way the 'revised' engine manipulates the models.

I will make buildings (mainly large ones) with destroyable doors and windows.

That's awesome news!, definitely looking forward to the release.

Soundmod (if A3 sound is not good)

ACE3 , ACE really can bring Arma series to a better level , but I'm afraid my PC may not can cope it .

Yeah if sounds aren't improved much, I'd expect to see some new ones in ArmA 3. ACE 3 is pretty obvious, and apparently Day Z will be a standalone game/expansion on ArmA 3 engine. So all I'd want are weapon packs and new units probably, and a sound mod if needed.

@JSRS,

@vopsound,

@GL4_SFXE,

@MBG_WOO,

@loki_lost_key,

@mcc_sandbox,

@flashpoint missions by thomsonb

-more various/user friendly/ bugfree dynamic mission editor module types to play with.

Edited by BlueWolf