Is there a way to stop players pressing ESC and re spawning ? as i have found instead of getting healed that is what they are doing and i need to stop it , or at least give the a long wait !

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayCtrl

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ctrlEnable

Edited by Heaney
Not sure if author gave permission of script.

Medkits are needed when you can't aim / walk

Medkits are always needed. Their effect is much more noticeable when you can't aim/walk, though.

I think the large bandages are more like 3 normal ones? Not sure though. In any case, if you have those, you might want to use them, at least for anyone who is "heavily bleeding".

As for morphine, I'd make sure he's actually in pain before I give him a 2nd one. I don't remember the last time I needed more than 1, if it ever happened.

Medkits are always needed. Their effect is much more noticeable when you can't aim/walk, though.

I think the large bandages are more like 3 normal ones? Not sure though. In any case, if you have those, you might want to use them, at least for anyone who is "heavily bleeding".

As for morphine, I'd make sure he's actually in pain before I give him a 2nd one. I don't remember the last time I needed more than 1, if it ever happened.

Please define "always needed" because I don't understand what you're saying.

As in: There will always be a benefit for using a medkit at the end of the treatment.

If they dude seriously can't walk or aim, then they're extra-important, but they help fixing any kind of injury as far as I'm aware, and will make a difference in making you perform better and harder to kill. Medkits are the only thing that actually increases your health, as far as I'm aware.

I have never had to use more than 1 morphine either.

i don't think the option for medkits is there all the time but if it is then it should be used if possible.

---------- Post added at 01:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Hmmmmmmmmmm well any idea what we are doing wrong then? as we are just giving what the dialog is requesting, once we stop bleeding is request MOR & EPI once 9/10 once we give it , and check again is request more.

should it only really need one of each then ?

Any idea's why we are get this ?

This always works -> stop bleeding -> 1 Epi if needed -> 1 morphine if needed -> when player is up -> 1 medkit if needed. Otherwise you are doing something wrong.

Hi there,

i have the same issue; what am i doing wrong?

The spectator script fires correctly (called from the respawnAsSeagull.sqf script) but remains all black when the PMR sendet me to the unconsious state and i died within it.

I opened a ticket for it so it will get attention: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70861

My guess is, that it is a problem with the PMR not being deactivating the black curtain.

Is there any way to reduce the quality of the TIS and FLIR? I mean these optics aren't that great in quality in real life. I bet you guys have already thought about it but is it in any way possible to implement?

I am trying to increase the Medical personal supplies to 4 each but with no luck i still only can carry 1 ?

i have this in my init.sqf

ACE_IFAK_Capacity = 4; 

What am i going wrong ?

Hey guys,

Does anybody know how to disable the CWR2-esque UI that was added? I much prefer the old one. I noticed that it seems to come from ace_main, which sadly is something I cannot remove.

Another Friday without ACE update pushing to SIX Network :(

Is there any way to reduce the quality of the TIS and FLIR? I mean these optics aren't that great in quality in real life. I bet you guys have already thought about it but is it in any way possible to implement?

You have to define what you're referencing and also, where you're using the system. FLIR (and TIS) can be very good depending on the generation used. It can get worse in certain environments. I've operated A LOT in the South American continent and even a good FLIR is much degraded there due to humidity. The same FLIR works much better in a desert environment. Older units work worse than newer units. So again, you can't just say it's not working "accurately" unless you define more parameters.

I am trying to increase the Medical personal supplies to 4 each but with no luck i still only can carry 1 ?

i have this in my init.sqf

ACE_IFAK_Capacity = 4; 

What am i going wrong ?

Nothing. That was removed in the most recent update. It was not a fun day for my loadout scripts.

You have to define what you're referencing and also, where you're using the system. FLIR (and TIS) can be very good depending on the generation used. It can get worse in certain environments. I've operated A LOT in the South American continent and even a good FLIR is much degraded there due to humidity. The same FLIR works much better in a desert environment. Older units work worse than newer units. So again, you can't just say it's not working "accurately" unless you define more parameters.

Well the image quality on certain Soviet made infrared and night vision scopes for example are too high (1PN58). The nightsights on the T55A (TPN-1-22-11) too are too fancy. My message would of required more background work but at I just threw it out as an general idea. Asking that is it in any way to implement? Somehow use some filter to blur out the image to decrease the resolution? Somekind of annoying noise effect? :cool:

Some of the weapon mounted modern night sights and TIS... can you in reality pick out enemies miles away?

Nothing. That was removed in the most recent update. It was not a fun day for my loadout scripts.

AHHHH thanks i thought i was going mad !

so you can only carry 1 of each from now on - will have to change my kits then as well

Well that might have explained it as we lost our medic, and only had normal solider to heal. we will try again tonight just using a medic and see :) how it goes thanks guys

I don't think you get any different info as a non-medic than a medic. Although depending on the mission settings only medics will be able to fully heal.

hey, i keep crashing whenever i fire my gun, anyone else have this problem? i done a search and didnt turn up anything useful

it happens on my client server though and in singleplayer only on my server now

Edited by ryanbeckey0

If you're using the latest Beta, 102111, I got a CTD with that too. Had to roll back to the previous one or play without.

Anyone know the name of Identity that ACE uses to show the player wearing goggles?

Anyone know the name of Identity that ACE uses to show the player wearing goggles?

John Doe. lol

ace_clientside_config.hpp

place your player profile in it.

John Doe. lol

ace_clientside_config.hpp

place your player profile in it.

Default = "ACE_Original_Identity"

Gas mask US = "ACE_GlassesGasMask_US"

Gas mask RU = "ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU"

Balaklava = "ACE_GlassesBalaklava"

Goggles = ???

Something tells me that unlike the gas mask and baklava, the goggles still leave the face visible (i.e. independent of default identity) and referencing it will be different.

Edited by Kempco