Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well isn't easy to confuse all this names because they do look similar?What I'm curious about is what is history with

VBS engine and Real virtuality as I can see common references everywhere (scripts mainly)

VBS is based on Real Virtuality but VBS and the RV that's used in Arma now are very different be it with a lot of similarities in some departments like scripting.

I looked up a few things that will hopefully clarify things a bit for you :)

http://www.mimos.it/serigamex/Morrison_slide.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Virtual_Battlespace

Hmm... The name changed, and so did the shooter. I thought it would be on the Iranian/Russian/Chinese/Turkish side rather than NATO.

Also, does anyone know what the "Bonus Target" achievement does?

WHAT??! How on earth would NATO be using that kind of rifle period?

Where in earth do you see that NATO is going to use it? Because of that soldier? That's a placeholder for sure

Hmm... The name changed, and so did the shooter. I thought it would be on the Iranian/Russian/Chinese/Turkish side rather than NATO.

Some new ammunition types appeared in the graphic too:

.338 Norma Magnum in addition to the previous .338 Lapua (8.58x70mm) cartridge that was there (I maintain my opinion that they're planning to add a LWMMG chambered in .338), and 9.3x64mm Brenneke, which is an old German cartridge designed for converting Mauser 98 rifles to big-game hunting rifles, but was redeveloped more recently for the Russian SVDK semi-automatic sniper rifle.

Some new ammunition types appeared in the graphic too:

.338 Norma Magnum in addition to the previous .338 Lapua (8.58x70mm) cartridge that was there (I maintain my opinion that they're planning to add a LWMMG chambered in .338), and 9.3x64mm Brenneke, which is an old German cartridge designed for converting Mauser 98 rifles to big-game hunting rifles, but was redeveloped more recently for the Russian SVDK semi-automatic sniper rifle.

Yup - it's obvious when they added the .338 Norma that means the LWMMG and the 9.3x64mm Brenneke seems very logical to me

also there will be sniper rifles that are in .300 and in .338 too

Yup - it's obvious when they added the .338 Norma that means the LWMMG and the 9.3x64mm Brenneke seems very logical to me

also there will be sniper rifles that are in .300 and in .338 too

HK-121 or something like that is a modern MMG, that is supposedly super reliable, and out classes any other MMG. This could be a possibility. It's probably as cool as the MK-48 Mod 0.

Where in earth do you see that NATO is going to use it? Because of that soldier? That's a placeholder for sure

The original image had a CSAT soldier holding the rifle. They just changed it to NATO.

The original image had a CSAT soldier holding the rifle. They just changed it to NATO.

They're trying to confuse us. I know for certain CSAT will receive that as a premium weapon.

EDIT: on another note, the interview with Van T' Land, where he mentioned the new Terrain being completely different in contrast to Altis and Stratis, which are Mediterranean environments. What is the opposite of a Dry, Mediterranean island?

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

What is the opposite of a Dry, Mediterranean island?

Hellish, Middle Earth realm? North pole?

They're trying to confuse us. I know for certain CSAT will receive that as a premium weapon.

EDIT: on another note, the interview with Van T' Land, where he mentioned the new Terrain being completely different in contrast to Altis and Stratis, which are Mediterranean environments. What is the opposite of a Dry, Mediterranean island?

Rain forest?

The opposite of a hot, hospitable mediterranean island?

A cold, harsh, barren island somewhere near the Bering strait imho. :D

Ireland.

Unless you know a direct opposite of Mediteranean, I'd say wet Mediteranean mainland :3

I'm dying to know what the new terrain will be though, Asian-based would really be treat but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I watched the conference BI held for Defence people about VBS and the were showing off dynamic melting snow and ice in an Afghan mountain area.Snow melting caused floods etc, so maybe somewhere cold (although considering the problems caused by simple ponds I wont hold my breath for melting snow and raging floodwaters ) :D

I watched the conference BI held for Defence people about VBS and the were showing off dynamic melting snow and ice in an Afghan mountain area.Snow melting caused floods etc, so maybe somewhere cold (although considering the problems caused by simple ponds I wont hold my breath for melting snow and raging floodwaters ) :D

I wouldn't hold my breath on any of it, BISim is a separate entity to BIStudios, although the three-letter abbreviation is the same.

I promised myself i would at least try to ignore VBS things. But that sounds impressive as hell. It, actually hurts, knowing they can do all of this. Meanwhile, Bohemia Interactive confirmed Ponds, Rivers, are not apart of Arma 3.

I promised myself i would at least try to ignore VBS things. But that sounds impressive as hell. It, actually hurts, knowing they can do all of this. Meanwhile, Bohemia Interactive confirmed Ponds, Rivers, are not apart of Arma 3.

Yeah it looked really cool-snow melted and formed a raging river.Ice on rooves could cause them to buckle etc.But yeah-i'd settle for a river or pond.Why cant they do it when A2 could?I mean its basically just different coloured water for ponds.And even old elder scrolls games etc had rivers FFS

And even old elder scrolls games etc had rivers FFS

Two different engines, can't really compare them. Even the VBS comparison is moot given that it too uses a different (some would would say more 'evolved') engine.

EDIT:

On a side note...

Ireland.

I was going to say England/the UK but you beat me in the "Homeland Bashing" :D

Two different engines, can't really compare them. Even the VBS comparison is moot given that it too uses a different (some would would say more 'evolved') engine.

EDIT:

On a side note...

I was going to say England/the UK but you beat me in the "Homeland Bashing" :D

Yeah,although even though us Irish like moaning about the weather,our climate is pretty good.No heavy snow,no major heat waves,not much flooding.no hurricanes,earthquakes or anything that causes much problems.

Yeah,although even though us Irish like moaning about the weather,our climate is pretty good.No heavy snow,no major heat waves,not much flooding.no hurricanes,earthquakes or anything that causes much problems.

Flood of beer in temple bar, though :drinking2: