Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

How does one fit a drum mag on a bullpup rifle?
Ask the Chinese, they're perfect at doing that.
I won't say perfect, but the PLA's been there and done that.
Yeah, they could just add a Katiba drum mag. Then just take a bipod and stick it on the front and there you go.
So RPK 2035?
Things like this still aren't out of the question. These are strictly new guns that will be DLC locked. Minor modifications to existing guns, like a drum/casket Katiba could possibly still happen without being marketed.
For anyone wondering, this is what happened with the Helicopters DLC as well -- all the BI talk was about the Huron and the Taru, while the M-900 and Orca (black and white) were throwaway lines in a SPOTREP.

That's an L85A1 with photoshopped parts from an L86, FN Minimi etc. not a real weapon. Think it's supposed to resemble the L86 from CoD - which was a dreadfully inaccurate model of the weapon

Also in favor of not having a perfect Hex-Cam paint job on every single gun. <.<

It's not like you have to spend painstaking hours using spray cans and masking tape apply a camouflage scheme. Google "hydrographics":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqa4m_GoWnE

Oh :)

I hope they do like they did with Zeus, and surprises us by pushing the content onto dev-branch during the live-stream. That would be awesome!

It's basically just adding vehicles to VR Arsenal I think. Did they not release a screen-shot of that some time ago?

It's basically just adding vehicles to VR Arsenal I think. Did they not release a screen-shot of that some time ago?

They did, one thing that got my attention was that the vehicle list was missing the AH-9 and only had MH-9 on it.

Can't wait for the livestream. And yes Virtual Garage is a vehicle spawner. I hope we can implement this into missions, like the weapon arsenal.

That's an L85A1 with photoshopped parts from an L86, FN Minimi etc. not a real weapon. Think it's supposed to resemble the L86 from CoD - which was a dreadfully inaccurate model of the weapon

It's not like you have to spend painstaking hours using spray cans and masking tape apply a camouflage scheme. Google "hydrographics":

Huh. I haven't played any of the Modern Warfares in a loooooooong time, I don't remember anything like an L85 being in them.

I remember that the Brits did have the L86, I thought they had drums on them but maybe not as widespread as I thought (or at all.)

Even if it was just an extended 40 or 50 round magazine it'd do. Doesn't have to exactly match the MX SW.

Oh my... that thing looks so ugly!

Yeah, this thing is extremely ugly. And I want one.

I actually happen to like the Chinese bull pup weapons. Favorite being the QBU-88. They're not bad. A KH-2002 however own me over since I was introduced to it in BF3. The Kh-2002 can pull it off in Arma 3 as well, but I don't think CSAT cares. They have 2 MG's now.

For the sake of balance :D they could've done it anyway, i mean NATO has an extended mag version of their assault rifle as SAW too.

It would even be a cheap modification to make, make the barrel slightly longer and add a drum mag.

If the barrel's extended, might as well add an MXM analog, too.

If the barrel's extended, might as well add an MXM analog, too.

Most LSW style weapons preform both, since they come with a longer barrel and bipod anyway. They wouldn't be "true" marksman rifles but would do a decent job.

B_Qb_D0VEAA5yXH.jpg

https://twitter.com/Lathspel/status/573113823944695808/photo/1

Pls pack

Static_F_Mark

kkthxbai

So I guess there will be some manner changes to static weapons in the Marksman DLC - could just be config stuff and updates to existing assets, but it could potentially indicate some new assets as well.

The other note is a pack request for Weapons_F_Mark, but it was pretty obvious the DLC would contain a .pbo called that

So I guess there will be some manner changes to static weapons in the Marksman DLC - could just be config stuff and updates to existing assets, but it could potentially indicate some new assets as well.

Probably new targets or other objects for the showcase and probable firing range to accompany the new weapons.

Probably new targets or other objects for the showcase and probable firing range to accompany the new weapons.

Those would be under something like structures_F_mark.pbo since the existing target models and various other "Objects (###)" type editor items (including the ones added in the Karts and Heli DLCs) are all located in the files named along the lines of structures_F_###.pbo

The contents of static_F.pbo, static_F_beta.pbo and static_F_gamma.pbo are all related to deployable crew-served objects like the mortars and tripod-mounted weapons.

BIS' file structure is pretty consistent.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Then I will put my orthopaedic shoes on and stand corrected.

BIS' file structure is pretty consistent.

Consistent yes. Sensible...well, the jury is still out, and don't even get me started on their classname structure :D

Maybe we're getting new static MGs for different factions, heh.

Maybe we're getting new static MGs for different factions, heh.

It would make sense to add in static versions of these more heavy weapons. Good thought.

A SPMG and Navid in the sustained fire role would be pretty dank.