Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

It doesn´t look like material is really "kicked up" from the ground as the bullets impact.

Something I'd like to see adjusted too. especialy when the 40mm HE rounds fired in that video didn't raise any dust really. Same for BMG 50. Seems like its done for the small calibre rounds however.

Am I the only one who noticed the two-tone (OD-green frame and black slide) Glock-type pistol in the inventory?

A translation would be great :D

This is not priority! We're looking like clowns here, discussing such trivialities. AAAHHH, the lack of information creates monsters, monsters I tell you!

Haha! yes indeed it has. Blood spatter on the screen! The bubbles don't look right! oh the horror! I've decided I'm just going to wait until BI releases the official presentations. I just hope they give a detailed explanation of all the new gameplay features they have, which as is, seems to be a short list.

-Tactical pace

-New stances

-smoother walking+aiming (something actually new)

-More fluid movement

-Inventory/stamina system

And most of those we know just as much about now as we did a couple months ago. Don't get me wrong arma 3 looks great, but so far E3 seems to just be a recap of what we already know. Its interesting to watch but at the same time frustrating. (although by tomorrow I'll probably have changed my mind and want to check out whats going on. Argh! its and addiction!:))

hello Dev's iam asking for just one thing:

Please make that weapon switch animation will NOT stop the player as its in A2!!

or I will not buy A3!:(

everyone can switch weapon without stopping...

hello Dev's iam asking for just one thing:

Please make that weapon switch animation will NOT stop the player as its in A2!!

or I will not buy A3!:(

everyone can switch weapon without stopping...

:rolleyes:

So according to the new Gamespot interview.

Laying on back while prone is possible! (Thanks Smookie)

Arma 3 set for 2013 release now because of Physx 3 implementation and they mentioned that its all about polishing up the game.

Sounds good but not too happy that the other footage was running at 20fps...

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381274/arma-iii-this-means-war

Edited by Flash Thunder

^^^ Looks like the Smookie pack made it in.

Hehe, enjoyed that Gamespot interview "Arma 3 - It moves beyond fun...".

Classic.

Arma 3 set for 2013 release now

Well, that's sad. But better a finished awesome game in 2013 than a messed up, really buggy game in 2012.

Screen cap of shooting while on your back (272 kB).

From IGN vid here, poorly framed and no sound though.

Good look at animations in general too, also at 3:05 you see the cross hair adapts to the terrain, it shifts to the obstruction in front of the barrel so you know you're going to hit it. Does it again at 3:26 on a pole, I like that. Great ragdoll kill at 3:55.

Edited by Trauma.au

Screen cap of shooting while on your back (272 kB).

From IGN vid here, poorly framed and no sound though.

Good look at animations in general too, also at 3:05 you see the cross hair adapts to the terrain, it shifts to the obstruction in front of the barrel so you know you're going to hit it. Does it again at 3:26 on a pole, I like that. Great ragdoll kill at 3:55.

Wow nice find! Loved the ragdoll drop and animations!

As the matter of fact I fail to see where this animation can apply, unless we are expected to fall down on our back when moving backward(bad idea to use it when directly facing your enemy as it limited your movement even more then all other prone/urban prone position)

Another fear is that the new control might just limit key binding customization ability, you know how it work in the mod, that thing basicly force you to have only key binding opinion and also generate dozens of key combination.

As the matter of fact I fail to see where this animation can apply, unless we are expected to fall down on our back when moving backward(bad idea to use it when directly facing your enemy as it limited your movement even more then all other prone/urban prone position)

Another fear is that the new control might just limit key binding customization ability, you know how it work in the mod, that thing basicly force you to have only key binding opinion and also generate dozens of key combination.

I think the best use would be to shoot over very low cover while using your elbow and leg to stabilize your weapon and keeping a lot of yourself in cover. Things like small rocks, gutters, railway lines, rubble etc. Also you have much greater range of movement with you arms (and there for your weapon) when on your back compared to when prone.

I must say though the best use is not shown in that vid, I want to be able roll onto my back from prone and get into that position and aim at what is behind me. A fast way to get good shots on target behind me with out getting up.

Edited by Trauma.au

As the matter of fact I fail to see where this animation can apply

IRL this is what you do when you are on a down slope and cannot get the desired elevation while prone. Hill to hill combat thing.

Also: tall grass.

Another logical example would be when you are prone and suddenly enemies show up at your 6.

This would also mean no more turning in circles like crazy while prone. Please <3

I hate the spinning in ArmA II, no matter if you are prone, crouched or standing, although it's worst while being prone.

InstaGoat, in special purpose weapons, such as underwater sub-machineguns, pistols you'd have a chambre similar to a muffler-converter to retain gases - that's how I would engineer a weapon for such purposes, anyway. That demonstration had been done using a regular handgun.

This is not priority! We're looking like clowns here, discussing such trivialities. ;) AAAHHH, the lack of information creates monsters, monsters I tell you!

Just watched the gamespot presentation. The bursts of the gun underwater look much better there, really great! I also love the reloading animations.

Just watched the gamespot presentation. The bursts of the gun underwater look much better there, really great! I also love the reloading animations.

Agreed. When I saw an actual magazine going inside and the avatar taping the bolt release (by the looks of it) I got :biggrin:

It's kinda silly to get excited over something so trivial in 2012, but heck it's ArmA. :clap:

Loved the new stances animations and the Ragdoll. No more odd killing animations. The only thing they did not improve was the ai radio voice i think, the rest is ALL Better!

I hate the spinning in ArmA II, no matter if you are prone, crouched or standing, although it's worst while being prone.

Spinning not that "penalty-less" anymore if you watch the videos carefully.

You have done an amazing job Smookie! the animations look incredible, looking forward to that future DLC but more importantly the community alpha haha

I noticed that the guy rotated at the hip when prone and leaning on his side, nice work.

Smookie, any plans to be able to roll from prone onto your back to engage targets behind?

Smookie, any plans to be able to roll from prone onto your back to engage targets behind?

+1

I second that... nice idea :D