Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

and also ragdolls are hilarious:D.

Hi, I couldn't watch much of it (due to RL and terrible image quality) but could you link me @time of ragdoll effect - I'd really like to see them.

40mm grenades throw them ten to fifteen feet in the air.

Hi, I couldn't watch much of it (due to RL and terrible image quality) but could you link me @time of ragdoll effect - I'd really like to see them.

vid 2/3 from 2.47

the video is here

, you can find other parts in the uploader vids

Haahahhahaha! Thats fookin awesome. Ok, a tad overdone, but we're getting there :)

This is what u get, for tying to get in Pegi16, instead see body sploting in peaces, we see human flying like football in the air ;D

40mm grenades throw them ten to fifteen feet in the air.

That's not entirely unrealistic, the difference is in the real world they would be chunks and gibs rather than a whole person. Actually I quite like this, it makes me want to make a minigame where you take a guy in a cylinder-like device, he then sets a bunch of charges inside and explodes them, the goal is to get the dead body into another object... Egads...murder minigames!

Personally I'm not bothered by 'bugs' if they are humorous enough, and I can think of all sorts of demented games that could be created with ragdolls.

That's not entirely unrealistic, the difference is in the real world they would be chunks and gibs rather than a whole person.

From high caliber artillery, sure. From itty bitty 40mm grenades, heck no. They just throw out tiny pieces of frag, and the shock wave doesn't even knock rigid dummies over.

Well since Ivan said in press video, when vehicle drove off the road and did a roll, he said the physics aren't finished yet, we can hope they will make it more realistic.

And remember what Damu said: The whole reason why the Alpha has been delayed is because of the physics implementation being in the very early stages of Physics V3.

Aka: We don't need to worry about anything physics related until they release the Alpha.

Even games with well-implemented physics like BF3 have RHIBs that can be blown hundreds of feet into the air by blocks of C4, so I wish them luck.

I found the ragdoll entertaining there.

Explosives + ragdoll = nightmare to have work properly

From high caliber artillery, sure. From itty bitty 40mm grenades, heck no. They just throw out tiny pieces of frag, and the shock wave doesn't even knock rigid dummies over.

Ah I see..over estimated the 40mm and forgot that a grenade isn't the same as a round, misplaced after watching all the footage of 30mm rounds turn people into little red mists.

I found the ragdoll entertaining there.

Explosives + ragdoll = nightmare to have work properly

Yeah. I think it would be best to hard-code how far bodies and objects will fly using the config of the ammo, and let the ragdoll just handle how the arms flail about.

Artillery shells should never flip a tank, like we saw in the tease.

That ragdoll flying through the air like a fucking frisbee was pathetic, just pathetic.

Ah I see..over estimated the 40mm and forgot that a grenade isn't the same as a round, misplaced after watching all the footage of 30mm rounds turn people into little red mists.

I don't watch kill videos. I'm sure direct grenade hits would chunk you too, eventually, but not throw heavy objects many meters through the air. Just quick little shockwaves wrapping around dense bodies without much surface area.

Just finished watching the underwater segment of the Gamespot video and must say that it looked magnificent, the bubbles emitting from the rifle barrel when firing looked very realistic and the overpassing helicopter viewed from beneath the waters surface also looked very convincing.

Yeah there game looked good even with the crap off screen footage.

Wish the BI booth wasn't so exposed to sound, I had a hard time hearing Colin ask questions.

Could use some more privacy ; )

I can't wait to see that night firefight in decent quality footage. All the movements looked silky smooth, definitely a massive improvement in that area.

BTW Ivan was driving like a madman.

That ragdoll flying through the air like a fucking frisbee was pathetic, just pathetic.

I thought it was quite funny.

Plus, the physics system isn´t fully implemented yet. That was stated multiple times around the forums, by devs. I would suspect it to work better once everything is tweaked to the proper values.

As far as show goes, the flying ragdolls will do.

(If they´re still in the final game, you can obvsly call me out on this.)

Those Ragdolls are matter of settings and done - nothing impossible to make it more realistic