Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well the answer is - there are plans. But I don't think that's what you wanted to know ;)

BTW I would love Max Payne 3 rotation while prone system.

Well the answer is - there are plans. But I don't think that's what you wanted to know ;)

Time to re-watch those Magpul urban engagements videos again. ;) Brilliant work on the stances, Smookie!

One question: Can you lean OVER a wall momentarily in order to fire while standing, i.e. on the tip of your toes? ;)

Haha that would be so cool! so many possibilities!

Can we lean out of the little bird like in TOH? that is so bad ass

Brilliant work on the stances, Smookie!

Yeah the animations are excellent Smookie, I had high expectations and you guys actually exceeded them. Great work!

Looks very nice. One question though. Are reload anims the same for dry and tactical reload?

Also no 30+1 rounds after tactical reload.

Sorry if this was covered already.

That was actually the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this :o

Smookie, were you also working with limping animations? ;)

Close enough, thx for answer.

I have not had a chance to try Max Payne 3 yet, but vids I've seen showed awesome animations. That kind of fluidity would be awesome in arma.

First: Thanks Smookie for your posts!

I hadn't seen all the new videos from today, awesome job on the animations!

I have a request for the BI devs.

If you haven't already recorded the E3 segments for your YouTube channel, could you please focus on unit and weapon customization a little more. What I'm interested in is the different types of gear and how they look on the player/weapon . I want to grab some HD screenshots for the confirmed feature list so that I have some visual reference behind some of the gear listed there.

Thanks in advance ;) !

I have a request for the BI devs.

If you haven't already recorded the E3 segments for your YouTube channel, could you please focus on unit and weapon customization a little more. What I'm interested in is the different types of gear and how they look on the player/weapon . I want to grab some HD screenshots for the confirmed feature list so that I have some visual reference behind some of the gear listed there.

Thanks in advance ;) !

Twitter is your best friend. Send Jay Crowe a tweet... Or, better yet, ask them to get HD screens of that stuff. Oh, and Community Alpha might come out around August or so. So only a month or so away from the community's July prediction.

Time to re-watch those Magpul urban engagements videos again. ;) Brilliant work on the stances, Smookie!

One question: Can you lean OVER a wall momentarily in order to fire while standing, i.e. on the tip of your toes? ;)

If you do re-watch magpul DVDs you might find that BI at less failed at weapon hand transition(and will be double fail if they still make the avatar do the crapy old "weapon on back" style handgun transition):p

bottom line is, however, that or through I like most of the new animation, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE the left leaning animation.

Edited by 4 IN 1

If you do re-watch magpul DVDs you might find that BI at less failed at weapon hand transition(and will be double fail if they still make the avatar do the crapy old "weapon on back" style handgun transition):p

bottom line is, however, that or through I like most of the new animation, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE the left leaning animation.

That would've been far too tacticool over the limit, it's still a game and these stances will be a beast to master in intense firefights. :)

That would've been far too tacticool over the limit, it's still a game and these stances will be a beast to master in intense firefights. :)

Being tacticool is one thing, do yourself a favor and save your own ass is another, currently all the things that I see told me that I'd better stay at the left side of the road or right side of the wall to increase survivability. It is OFP era G36 maddness all over again.

Being tacticool is one thing, do yourself a favor and save your own ass is another, currently all the things that I see told me that I'd better stay at the left side of the road or right side of the wall to increase survivability. It is OFP era G36 maddness all over again.

It has been this ways since times immemorial. I've got a fix right here... Use nades. :D :D :D Although, leaning OVER the bloody walls on your toes would've been an excellent advantage (if it's included in this stance system!) in the situation where you have to lean left and expose 40% of your body.

Which quite frankly reflects the real life, doesnt it? :) Mind that not all weapons can be fired from the left shoulders and animations in arma are unit based, not weapon based. Therefore your requests for left-handed shooting are hardly possible (they would require a lot of resources for very little income). Most of the requests i have seen from you generally have the same problem - not really possible within current engine and not always worth spending resources which are limited obviously.

Still I am not allowed nor I will ever say that these are NGH for sure. It all comes down to benefit/time needed factor.

Which quite frankly reflects the real life, doesnt it? :) Mind that not all weapons can be fired from the left shoulders and animations in arma are unit based, not weapon based. Therefore your requests for left-handed shooting are hardly possible (they would require a lot of resources for very little income). Most of the requests i have seen from you generally have the same problem - not really possible within current engine and not always worth spending resources which are limited obviously.

Still I am not allowed nor I will ever say that these are NGH for sure. It all comes down to benefit/time needed factor.

How about a possibility to choose avatar with different left-handedness? Eg. just mirror the current stance to the left. Is it doable in current conditions?

Which quite frankly reflects the real life, doesnt it? :)

Knowing thats not the case of mine in "the real life"(I do play force on force a lot), I will left it be as I don't really want to try to push anything too hard, but just point out that something I find to have an impact on efficiency.

How about a possibility to choose avatar with different left-handedness? Eg. just mirror the current stance to the left. Is it doable in current conditions?

No its not.

Looks very nice. One question though. Are reload anims the same for dry and tactical reload?

Also no 30+1 rounds after tactical reload.

Sorry if this was covered already.

I coaxed a word from Dwarden about this in the chat: apparently right now, the system can´t simulate it correctly and would need a deep rewrite or something. Maybe I misunderstood, but apparently they are considering improving this in the future, but right now it´s not a priority as they want to finish and polish the game proper first, and do the "nice to have" features later on as the game gets treated post-release.

So, focus is on tight gameplay, no gamebreaking or major bugs, and sound, solid, well implemented features and improvements to keep the new crowd, and please the old one.

Oh yeah I hope they do introduce tactical and dry reload but I´m aware that this would need some serious work. It is a typical nice to have feature.

I really look forward to what BI will do with Explosion effects, even Blastcore looks kind of lame after watching this

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d13_1339072406

Great progress with the animations!!!

Smookie - chances that we finally see holstering of pistols? That would be nice for undercover operations : you look unarmed but you hide a pistol. This would make pistols more useful.

Oh yeah I hope they do introduce tactical and dry reload but I´m aware that this would need some serious work. It is a typical nice to have feature.

I really look forward to what BI will do with Explosion effects, even Blastcore looks kind of lame after watching this

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d13_1339072406

Holy shit. And people complained about the Arma 2 default explosions being "too big".

Terrifying and dramatic to look at. See how it lurches forward as the driver notices they´ve been hit and puts the pedal down.

I didn't expect so much flames, must be the gasoline. I also noticed that the explosion caused some pretty massive trembling.