Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Will we have some more videos/news/screens tomorrow or tuesday? So excited for more content, bring to me, bring it!!! :bounce3: :p

Will we have some more videos/news/screens tomorrow or tuesday? So excited for more content, bring to me, bring it!!! :bounce3: :p

I'd say stuff will trickle out Tuesday, and tons more the days following.

At the beginning of the

you can see a jet high in the sky.

Would be great if planes would be rendered further than other objects. (outside the max viewing distance)

I push forward the time to tuesday but still no news WTF? Something wrong? :j:

I push forward the time to tuesday but still no news WTF? Something wrong? :j:

I've speeded up reality x4 by repeatedly pressing the "+" key which nicely consolidates my wife's nagging into smaller, quicker inaudible soundbites.

OT: C'mon Tuesday!!!

I've speeded up reality x4 by repeatedly pressing the "+" key which nicely consolidates my wife's nagging into smaller, quicker inaudible soundbites.

I just remembered playing the OFP:R mission where you ambush the convoy and rob the ammo :D

As someone with the same type complexion.... OOOoooowwwwww.. Poor guy. NOT a good way to start such a great week.

- 100% Aloe gel, slathered on after spraying whole can of topical anesthetic anywhere pinker than embarrassment color.

- Pound the water with Ibuprofen for an hour or so.

- Drink copious amounts of your favorite frothy liquid pain reliever to celebrate/offset several days of pain.

Have a Great E3 Lord Ivan and Co. :D

I dare someone at E3 to slap that sunburn and run away.

You monster!

I dare someone at E3 to slap that sunburn and run away.

They would regret it, Lord Ivan is former nightclub bouncer.

bouncer.jpg

A guy at E3 last year said it best on Colin's live feed said it best. "He will destroy you."

The universe has shitty #HDR implementation why do I get burned yet others don't?

Major bug needs to be squashed already!

The new in-house rapid tree generator "Silvador" is used to create vegetation for Arma 3.

It offers very lifelike state-of-the-art plant models with minimum effort and real-time previews.

It seems like it's the new generation of Linda:

I have to say, the tree and branch structure looks amazing and very natural!

Thanks for that info, PurePassion. It looks good. :) Just out of curiousity, where did you learn that it'll be used in A3?

Could the technology used in that video make it possible for trees and plants to reflect the season as it is set in the editor?

EDIT: Dingo it says so at the end of the YouTube description.

Thanks for that info, PurePassion. It looks good. :) Just out of curiousity, where did you learn that it'll be used in A3?

Says so in the youtube "about" bit:

Overview: Silvador is an in-house application designed for creating models of vegetation. The output can be directly used in VBS2 2.0, yet it offers the ability to export the model and textures into common formats so that they can be used in any third party product. It offers fully automated level-of-detail creation and pre-calculated shading.

* Create your state-of-the-art plant models with minimum effort

* Create countless number of variants from a single tree definition, with a single click

* Enjoy real-time preview of the plant models

* Generate optimized plant models with chosen polygon count (from few to millions)

* Apply pre-calculated environmental shading to generated models

* Use generated models in your product without additional steps

* Create your own components for plant structure definition or use provided ones

* Create your own components for shading and export or use provided ones

Silvador is currently being used to produce vegetation for the upcoming game title Arma 3.

Could the technology used in that video make it possible for trees and plants to reflect the season as it is set in the editor?

Not sure, the plants contain pre-baked lighting so they probably need to be generated and processed beforehand.

Oops, I didn't read the description well enough. It looks like the LOD transitions are indeed smoother. One thing that annoys me in Arma 2 is the LOD changing too rapidly, which can be too distracting when you're trying to scan the horizon for enemy movement.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Official Arma 3 twitter page:

PhysX does work on other cards. It's just not accelerated and thus you can't afford gorgeous effects, but the cars will be PhysXing.

So does that mean there will be "gorgeous effects" exclusive to Nvidia cards? If so, I wonder what those might be... :bounce3:

Oops, I didn't read the description well enough. It looks like the LOD transitions are indeed smoother. One thing that annoys me in Arma 2 is the LOD changing too rapidly, which can be too distracting when you're trying to scan the horizon for enemy movement.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Official Arma 3 twitter page:

So does that mean there will be "gorgeous effects" exclusive to Nvidia cards? If so, I wonder what those might be... :bounce3:

Yeah, the smooth LOD transitions are my favorite feature of that new Silvador system.

Also, it would be really cool if hardware PhysX was optional for extra/faster effects.

I want to hear how those branches and leaves block AI vision.

Just wondering if Silvador is an upgraded Linda or whatever:rolleyes:

OpticalSnare needs to be hired nao!!

Blastcore is a masterpiece.

Hopefully they're planning on making them better and those are just Arma 2 placeholders still.

Seconded!
Thirded.

Fourth-ded

Please Hire OpticalSnare BIS!

Edited by KrAziKilla