Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

arma3e3gearai.jpg

This gives a better idea of the gear selection menu. The left hand side of the gear menu is for the ammo box, or the AI gear, or your gear I think, whereas the larger box is for the player and what he actually has equipped so to speak.

EDIT: F key to change fire mode

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3903/arma3e3gearai.jpg

This gives a better idea of the gear selection menu. The left hand side of the gear menu is for the ammo box, or the AI gear, or your gear I think, whereas the larger box is for the player and what he actually has equipped so to speak.

EDIT: F key to change fire mode

BTW this also proves that, when equipping a vest over your "underwear" the fatigue pants appear automatically. Ahem... :icon_twisted:

Also... I've noticed that the NATO load bearing vest had (coyote) written near it... which means we will get it in several colors... pink comes to mind :icon_twisted:

BTW this also proves that, when equipping a vest over your "underwear" the fatigue pants appear automatically. Ahem... :icon_twisted:

Also... I've noticed that the Load bearing vest had (coyote) written near it... which means we will get it in several colors... pink comes to mind :icon_twisted:

Does NOT. Look at THIS :icon_twisted: :

arma3e3vestnopants.jpg

SO, what does this mean? Either:

1) There is a separate uniform that is undershirt+pants

OR

2) pants is a separate item than pants+combatshirt (everyone wears underwear)

OR

3) pants and combat shirt are two separate items.

I'd like the third option, as then uniforms are pants and shirt separately, and you must choose both, and they each have different weight. More likely, it's the second possibility that is the case.

Now, it does confirm that the straps, pouches, and weapon holster are all connected to the vest.

It means I get to put on my war shorts... and sandles.

Just so you guys know, a developer said that the gear system was not yet complete. If I can find it, I'll post the quote.

There is an empty space between helmet and NVG/binos... then another right of the backpack..... :bounce3:

The empty space below primary weapon must be the muzzle device, already confirmed.

The slot next to the face/uniform box is the vest. The empty space next to the vest is for the backpack, I think. It would make sense. IDK what the space between the helmet and the NVGs is. I hope that space is for the eyewear. I think you are right about the muzzle device. But, this does confirm that the vest will be able to hold some items. So, that means we will be able to hold more gear than we could in ArmA2, since now both the vest and the backpack hold gear items now.

And, now, the obvious: The long rectangular space between the primary weapon and the sidearm must be the space for the launcher. BUT, I hope that we can put a second weapon there, say, a shotgun for example. The slots kinda indicate as such. Why? Well, I doubt we will be customizing launchers, and there are clearly slots for customizing a weapon there. So, I suspect that we will be able to carry two primary weapons. Oh, and since there are 3 unused sidearm slots, we might even be able to customize attachments, really not customize, but apply attachments to the sidearm as well.

Edited by antoineflemming

Oh god, to have that flexibility to carry a second rifle in the launcher slot would be nice.

Oh god, to have that flexibility to carry a second rifle in the launcher slot would be nice.

That would be wonderful. I imagine having an MX for medium and long range fights, and a shotgun in that secondary slot for close encounters.

I do that in ACE all the time with it's ability to carry a 2nd primary, though I have to consider weight when I do that.

Any word on the render to texture and how we can control its camera movement yet?

Thinking of what NodUnit talked about a bit back. We can see FLIR on the screen during the vehicle demonstration where Jay then goes optics mode and moves the gun/optics around, but is that gun moveable without entering optics mode you think? Maybe passangers can see where the gunner looks when he is in optics mode (camera control mode). That would be ok as it means other can help spot targets and of course understand what the gunner is talking about when calling targets etc. Maybe a modifier button + mouse (eg. shift+mouse) to turn the gun/optics without entering optics mode? But then again maybe thats too many buttons? :D

In one of the videos it looked like he could move the turret while in "RTT mode" Don't ask my which though, cause there is a bunch of them around.
To me it looked exactly like the FLIR in the Super Hind in TOH except that FLIR in TOH doesn't stutter. You can move the camera/gun around using the PiP and the pilot can see in his MFD where the gunner is aiming.

It was posted by Jblackrupert on youtube, at 6:40 for just a brief moment you can see the camera moving when the mouse moves http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AuL0brY4Ybs#! That is very assuring because even if we don't get heading overlays and other digital information, things like that can be added in sooo....hell yeah.

I hope they decide to add thermal maps to terrain and terrain objects instead of just people, vehicles and weapons this time around though since while they are great at finding targets half the time is first understanding what it is you are looking at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRcbTtZpoEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxwoHaCJsE

Edited by NodUnit

But, this does confirm that the vest will be able to hold some items. So, that means we will be able to hold more gear than we could in ArmA2, since now both the vest and the backpack hold gear items now.

Well, that's basically how it was in A2 anyway. Just think of the normal gear slots as belonging to the vest/webbing. Now it just has an icon. The difference is the new tab with the player icon, i.e. the area where the medkits are. Those slots seem to be where you can carry gear when you aren't wearing any load-bearing equipment (pockets?), and judging by the capacity bar, you can only carry 3 or 4 things in that space.

Does NOT. Look at THIS :icon_twisted: :

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2361/arma3e3vestnopants.jpg

SO, what does this mean? Either:

1) There is a separate uniform that is undershirt+pants

OR

2) pants is a separate item than pants+combatshirt (everyone wears underwear)

OR

3) pants and combat shirt are two separate items.

I'd like the third option, as then uniforms are pants and shirt separately, and you must choose both, and they each have different weight. More likely, it's the second possibility that is the case.

Indeed. I wrote that right before I went to bed and my view distance was set 1 :p

It's option 1. There was no space for 2 individual pieces of fatigues. I doubt this will change until the vanilla release. :icon_twisted:

Regarding point 2, are you saying we could see soldiers running around in their underwear shorts and combat shirt :p That would surely give us an Edge over the enemy in terms of diversion tactics.

Now, it does confirm that the straps, pouches, and weapon holster are all connected to the vest.

Told you so :cool:

Edited by Maio

That would be wonderful. I imagine having an MX for medium and long range fights, and a shotgun in that secondary slot for close encounters.

Indeed. But, if not, i hope that at least the pistols are better now for this occasions

But are the underpants a gear item too, I wonder... :o

I hope they are separate gear items... Then you could punish team killers on public servers by removing their pants and giving them pink underwear. ;)

It was posted by Jblackrupert on youtube, at 6:40 for just a brief moment you can see the camera moving when the mouse moves http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AuL0brY4Ybs#! That is very assuring because even if we don't get heading overlays and other digital information, things like that can be added in sooo....hell yeah.

I hope they decide to add thermal maps to terrain and terrain objects instead of just people, vehicles and weapons this time around though since while they are great at finding targets half the time is first understanding what it is you are looking at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRcbTtZpoEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxwoHaCJsE

Do some tickets on the ArmA3 CIS :-)

I hope they are separate gear items... Then you could punish team killers on public servers by removing their pants and giving them pink underwear. ;)

Well, let's say this is not going to be entirely impossible :icon_twisted:

Well, let's say this is not going to be entirely impossible :icon_twisted:

Damn it man, your ambiguity is both satisfying and hair ripping at the same time :D

BTW the whole "colorization" issue, might it have something to do with that ToH colorization script we saw in an old ToH devblog (I cant find it)

But are the underpants a gear item too, I wonder... :o

So you are planning Commando units? :)

so you are planning commando units? :)

zing!

Will there be negative score for killing enemies in pajamas or not wearing uniform?

Dressing up in pink is an issue if you consider code of war...

It's also an unfair tactic in competitive play, since I could not bring myself to do it.