Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I guess this sums up why Devs went silent for a good time on some subjects....

yea who cares? instead someone should pick up this idea and make a whole world cup mod :couch:

What the heck do you think this is, Battlefield Hardline?

Screw Hardline, grapple hooks and zip lines were in BF2 Special Forces

In comparison Hardlines grapple gun is crap, allowing you to only grapple when the gun gives you the go ahead meaning you still only go exactly where the devs intended. Whereas the grapple hook in Special forces was literally a grapple hook http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120828001345/battlefield/images/c/c7/BF2_SF_Grappling_Hook_HUD.jpg

You could toss it anywhere you wanted, sometimes it would catch, sometimes it wouldn't....sometimes it would catch or drop out of reach, it was another tool that YOU the player had to be responsible with.

and together they made the maps far more versatile and open ended, much more sandboxy which is something you'd think anyone liking Arma's sandbox nature would applaud..I know I certainly would.

I think the place they shone the brightest was in the mansion on WarLord, the enemies starting stronghold with a front gate and a few ways in, but a well organized squad could grapple over the wall around back and up to the second floor, taking the enemy by surprise as they snag the flag..I did it sooo many times and its astounding how often it worked..anyway.

No feature should be shunned just because some other game is using it, it should instead be considered on its own merits as to what it brings to the table, not only would it allow infantry a greater degree of freedom, an opportunity to make even more use of your environments and employ new tactics but it would also open other modding possibilities and opportunities to just have fun with it.

Edited by NodUnit

Strongly agree with NodUnit. Adding another degree of movement/positioning freedom (tool-assisted) is a great thing for Arma. There are so many rooftops and rock faces that are inaccessible currently, and being able to grapple (with proper restrictions, including your equipment weight) would really be cool. It reminds me of a feature I've always wanted in Arma, which is being able to climb trees with low hanging limbs.

Strongly agree with NodUnit. Adding another degree of movement/positioning freedom (tool-assisted) is a great thing for Arma. There are so many rooftops and rock faces that are inaccessible currently, and being able to grapple (with proper restrictions, including your equipment weight) would really be cool. It reminds me of a feature I've always wanted in Arma, which is being able to climb trees with low hanging limbs.

In before Tree Wookies. Lol, Ok though, great ideas, those should be added to the Ideas and Suggestions thread. Lets leave this thread back to Reveals again.

yea who cares? instead someone should pick up this idea and make a whole world cup mod :couch:

If I did that (and given my work rate), I would have it ready for the next world cup. But with crappy textures of the players from this world cup!

Not gonna lie, there are no football fields big enough in Altis for an event as great as the World Cups. I mean the on at stadium is decent, but not to standards.

If I did that (and given my work rate), I would have it ready for the next world cup. But with crappy textures of the players from this world cup!

But you could raise funds by selling DLC within a DLC for the Van Persie header.

i turn today on RC arma3 1.22 , it's me or there is a sensible boost in FPS? at least 10

They said new version would enhance optimization.

Today's sitrep

Bootcamp update

Very interesting... finally a loadout editor, it seems... plus, as was already apparent from recent dev branch updates: weapon inertia... seems we can finally get rid of the ridiculous Machine guns and sniper rifles in CQB

Sounds cool , i hope the weapon inertia will be good enough tho

btw VR training huh? MGS reference :p

btw VR training huh? MGS reference :p

Yeah, I'm waiting for the voice-over: Kerry ? Kerry ? Keeeeeeeery !

Looking for the SP bootcamp campaign.

BTW, what is it on the picture? Is it ZEUS or 3D editor?

The 'Bootcamp campaign prologue' sounds cool. Might provide some more back story to the campaign. Loadout editor, at least one cool-looking new uniform, improved sway and fatigue... all sounds great.

BUT WHAT OF THE ARMPATCHES!?

EDIT: Actually you can see the AAF have armpatches in that first screenshot.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

btw VR training huh? MGS reference :p[/color]

I thought the same. But looks awesome and fits in the actual 2035 Armaverse ( that although I'm not fan of it, at least BI is coherent ).

Sounds good. Is there any set dates as to when its coming out?

Sounds good. Is there any set dates as to when its coming out?

I keep reading about them aiming for the beginning of July for Steam Workshop mod support in the MANW sub-forum, so since this is being touted as a feature of Bootcamp we can connect the dots. :)

Also, they mentioned in the blog post that the staging of Bootcamp content on the dev branch is "impending", which fits the time frame. Testing on dev branch could be starting later this week, followed by the actual release 1-2 weeks after that.

Weapon inertia handling change sound great, hopefully it will also play great. "Turn-fast-weapon-lags-behind" thing could also be implemented on certain first person turrets (whenever you're not controlling it through a display) and 100% of the 3rd person turrets which are also a pain in the ass if the turret is slow.

The idea of the Bootcamp prologue is awesome, and I love even more MGS nods that SOMEONE seems to be injecting into the game. Virtual Arsenal sinks my identical personal project of similar intentions, and it's great to have it in game in official capacity. Looks like there'll be an option to try out your stuff something like in GRFS/GRO.

One thing I'd like to see, completely unrelated to this, in the future is 3D models of displaying inventory items (with 2D fallback) so we can say goodbye to the ugly white attachment placeholders and the requirement to have a million different images representing each combination.

Instead, we're looking at aim-precision penalties. Players may turn as quickly as they like, but shouldn't expect their sights to line up dead on target.

So how exactly will this work?

And what if I use a machinegun? With that in CQB it doesn´t really matter if i`m not 100% on target after turning...