Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

You can see 2 new "clothing items" ...

I wouldn't call them "new", because they really look like a reskinned AAF uniform. And also they really look like a BF3 GRU outfit with blue swapped for green. So most probably it's a quick reskin that was done just to make a one cool screenshot.

Well, may be not just for a single screenshot, may be it's going to appear in the game, but still it looks like a reskin to me.

Edited by Corvinus

Looks like Zeus to me, sort of a training room with supervisor.

I'm curious about the loadout editor. Besides being the obvious (export and import, yay!) it looks like it might be something like the armory in Arma 2. Dunno about anyone else, but I miss the Armory.

It would be good If there was some button "EDIT EQUIPMENT" in editor and after click it It would run that new "armory" where you would simply edit equipments of ANY soldier.

Seems to be a bit like the "New Unit" feature in VBS2's mission editor (albeit with a much much better interface). Though perhaps we can only save the units for spawning within in Zeus, and not as custom units to select from the mission editor's drop-down lists under "Arsenal" or something.

Seems to be a bit like the "New Unit" feature in VBS2's mission editor (albeit with a much much better interface). Though perhaps we can only save the units for spawning within in Zeus, and not as custom units to select from the mission editor's drop-down lists under "Arsenal" or something.

It would be great if you could call up Arsenal within editor in the unit window so you could avoid going back and forth between the Editor and the Arsenal, even if it only pre-filled the init field with the gear code, but I don't think they'll go that far. Fingers crossed tho. :)

It would be great if you could call up Arsenal within editor in the unit window so you could avoid going back and forth between the Editor and the Arsenal, even if it only pre-filled the init field with the gear code, but I don't think they'll go that far. Fingers crossed tho. :)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! That "Gear" button from the Beta (Alpha?) may have a comeback!

Hey, time to update that sig. PhysX is doing some wonders already! :yay:

Still curious as the how the Arm Patch is going to work. Is it going to be customization? Or is it just a texture thing. Also, that VR map sounds amazing. So many interesting things. Not major things, but alot of nice little things. =D

For that matter, does it say if you can make new faction units to use in Zeus with the Virtual Arsenal? Say, you're having a Zeus PVP, and you want both sides to have no armor in a pistol duel. Or, you want to spawn pissed off OPFOR in civilian clothing, with Tavors or Katibas as an insurgency against NATO. It'd be useful to use those loadouts made to spawn enemies with a particular loadout too, so I'm wondering if that's something we can do as well.

So, didn't understand well: when will the SP campaign bootcamp be available?

I wouldn't call them "new", because they really look like a reskinned AAF uniform. And also they really look like a BF3 GRU outfit with blue swapped for green. So most probably it's a quick reskin that was done just to make a one cool screenshot.

Perhaps it's the fixed version of the "Recon Fatigues (Black)" uniform for CSAT?

Perhaps it's the fixed version of the "Recon Fatigues (Black)" uniform for CSAT?
Yeah but the new gloves though...

This Friday in Dev version

Maybe:

NOTES

We’re still fixing up Bootcamp assets, so its staging on this branch was delayed until Friday the earliest.

Yeah but the new gloves though...

Could be the VR suit that was briefly mentioned. Makes kinda sense.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I was thinking of something else entirely.

Could be the VR suit that was briefly mentioned. Makes kinda sense.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I was thinking of something else entirely.

It'll be interesting to see if so. If it's some futuristic combat suit or virtual reality suit, I hope it has some glow-y parts for some reason. :rolleyes:

Just to clarify: I was talking about the uniform on the right in this picture.

A few new animations have been sort of added to the game already (only cutscene ones that I've seen), I say "sort of" as the classnames exist but currently there are not actually animations to go along with them. (However judging by the class names something's gonna do down in Kore. (You'll be delighted to know the "epic split" animation is now in the game and working, now if only we had a kick animation we could really take our revenge on Miller. :D))

Yep. There's a map icon and a squad picture that can still be found for it (no model for it unfortunately). Going by the icon names, its classname would presumably be heli_transport_01_armed_F.

http://s20.postimg.org/90e4qpub1/map_heli_transport_01_armed_ca.png

There's also some unused strings that mention variants of the Zamak and the Tempest with mounted MLRS pods (AAF/CSAT equivalent to A2's BM-21?) as well:

<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvehicles_o_truck_03_mlrs_f0">
   <Original>Tempest LRS</Original>
   <English>Tempest LRS</English>
</Key>
<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvehicles_i_truck_02_mlrs_f0">
   <Original>Zamak LRS</Original>
   <English>Zamak LRS</English>
</Key>

Anyone know anything about it?

Anyone know anything about it?

The heli icon seems new. The mlrs systems were mentioned before around the WIN release.

russians to opfor? is new or old?

10394553_10204260620060776_8085049466593847333_n.jpg

Where was that posted? Anyone can add a Russian flag to a texture.

inside the character_f.pbo is called clothing_rus_co.paa

in any case i saved the two texture.....

It's been in there since alpha. It and the Raven Vest/Hat are left overs from when there were going to be russian PMCS

finally the old bear strike back! hehehehehe

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

It's been in there since alpha. It and the Raven Vest/Hat are left overs from when there were going to be russian PMCS

no they are the same CSat uniform with helmet but without gloves