Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

no they are the same CSat uniform with helmet but without gloves

It would be could to see how they look in-game.

this setObjectTexture [0,"clothing_rus_co.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [1,"clothing_rus_co.paa"]

It would be could to see how they look in-game.

i tried to enable the hidden selection for the body in editor but doesn't work for me maybe i wrote wrong

this setObjectTexture [0,"clothing_rus_co.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [1,"clothing_rus_co.paa"]

i tried to enable the hidden selection for the body in editor but doesn't work for me maybe i wrote wrong

I think you should also add the folders.

I think you should also add the folders.

i followed also this guide. and insert the paa files in a mission folder

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161027-Tutorial-Simple-Re-texturing-Guide-(From-Start-To-Finish)

but nothing i believe that have to setup a mod to show this textures , the helmet is clearly olive drab

someone has tried in game the russian textures?

The full path to the texture is \a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\clothing_rus_co.paa, you just need to put

this setObjectTexture [0, "\a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\clothing_rus_co.paa"]

in the init field (and exchange the texture name for the helmet)

EDIT: Goddamit, I don't know why the ".paa" doesn't come out correctly -_- You get the point though :)

Thanks Alwarren!!!! you may my day

there is a problem with the helmet seems a unfinished texture or some weird config

but for me is a next DLC heheheheheh

thanks again ALwarren

10538622_10204262777594713_5603673183401111629_n.jpg

10489914_10204262777634714_5052967044590074452_n.jpg

Thanks Alwarren!!!! you may my day

there is a problem with the helmet seems a unfinished texture or some weird config

but for me is a next DLC heheheheheh

thanks again ALwarren

https://scontent-b-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10538622_10204262777594713_5603673183401111629_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/10489914_10204262777634714_5052967044590074452_n.jpg

The only issue is that you can still see the CSAT insignia under the flag; I remember someone uploaded a fix on this forum, maybe in Editing section - I'll try to find the thread.

EDIT : Here it is!

Edited by Pepe Hal

The only issue is that you can still see the CSAT insignia under the flag; I remember someone uploaded a fix on this forum, maybe in Editing section - I'll try to find the thread.

It would make kinda sense though, seeing as CSAT is Iran/China/Russia. But yeah, it looks glitchy, i can see why a fix would be necessary. Now if only there was a actual model for the DAP Ghost Hawk. -.-#

thanks

The CSAT logo is in the SMDI, so you would need to have a matching SMID and rvmat. There's nothing like this in the pbo, though.

speaking of hidden gear, how come some of these items never made it to launch?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20303

i see no reason to scrap the shirt and jeans plus the extra civilian hats.

Pretty much all of that stuff did get released... That addon came out when Arma 3 was still in alpha, when there was lots of full game content hidden away in the pbo's.

That said, even now there are still a few things hidden away:

600x.resizedimage

600x.resizedimage

600x.resizedimage

I made a config addon that "unlocked" this stuff back during the early days of the beta, but I never bothered to release it.

There's a load of skins for the AH-9, civilian skins from Take On Helicopter, still hidden away in the pbo's too

Dat digi camo AH-6... I wouldn't mind if BIS just released all this stuff without a backstory. Like Russian uniforms or different colored underwear.

Pretty much all of that stuff did get released... That addon came out when Arma 3 was still in alpha, when there was lots of full game content hidden away in the pbo's.

That said, even now there are still a few things hidden away:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/580153246419521308/9DA7893A6781E7BAC320B7FA056BFA49B9075BC8/600x.resizedimage

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/580153246419523904/79ADA967D63C76E72EB162E289CECFD61AFB7E1F/600x.resizedimage

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/580153246419526387/1ED84570F5B3D50053F31D0F7A1BB4498E2283AB/600x.resizedimage

I made a config addon that "unlocked" this stuff back during the early days of the beta, but I never bothered to release it.

with this stuff is possible to make a little russian's mercs platoon without build a mod add a custom insignia and text et voilà

BTW someone has a backup of this beauties? and why not open a thread with all hidden textures and relative paths?

I still have the beta smdi and bump-maps with the velcro and the flag instead of the hexagon insignia for the CSAT TCCU, in case anybody is interested.

with this stuff is possible to make a little russian's mercs platoon without build a mod add a custom insignia and text et voilà

BTW someone has a backup of this beauties? and why not open a thread with all hidden textures and relative paths?

More like Hidden Re-Skins, rather than content. But yeah. I've already seen some of these used in game. For example, king of the hill, instead of AAF getting the Hellcat, we get a MH-9 with the AAF Digi on it.

You can also use setObjectTexture with images that you've simply added to the mission file, you know. A mod is never strictly necessary for such a reskin, unless the object in question doesn't have hiddenSelections.

Of course, adding large textures to a mission will greatly increase its size, so I wouldn't go overboard.

You can also use setObjectTexture with images that you've simply added to the mission file, you know. A mod is never strictly necessary for such a reskin, unless the object in question doesn't have hiddenSelections.

Of course, adding large textures to a mission will greatly increase its size, so I wouldn't go overboard.

is also possible for dynamic objects like in old BF2?

As MadDogX says, you can do it like this (or use setObjectTextureGlobal in MP).

yourPawneeName setObjectTexture [0, "A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_01\Data\heli_light_01_ext_indp_co.paa"];

Indy skin.

Edit: Not specifically replying to you there Zukov - what do you mean by dynamic objects?

As MadDogX says, you can do it like this (or use setObjectTextureGlobal in MP).

yourPawneeName setObjectTexture [0, "A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_01\Data\heli_light_01_ext_indp_co.paa"];

Indy skin.

Edit: Not specifically replying to you there Zukov - what do you mean by dynamic objects?

i have only experience on bf2 modding and cryengine

on bf2 on a level you can load texture, vehicles or whatever you want

on cryengine you load only static objects like houses

i'm wondering if is possible to load on the mission folder, for example, a warfare building like a main target without make a mod