Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I wonder if there are going to be any commands to check and see if a unit is wearing a certain outfit. It would be really useful for a Call-of-Pripyat-Underground-Metro esque setting where you have to wear a certain uniform or die of some toxic crepes.

I mean, it'd have other uses obviously. :p

Hopefully all clothing will just be objects like a weapon, so you could do something like player hasBling "halter_top" or something. ;) I think the best thing ever would be the inclusion of a hasPants command. :)

if (_soldier hasPants = 0) then playMusic "YaketySax.ogg";

I probably should have used playSound instead.

Sorry man, but the sub is just a prop, just like the LHD in ArmA 2.

Yeah, I assumed that. By submarine, I meant underwater. I wasn't expecting large scale warfare with various, pilotable vessels. There are sims for that. OTOH, who knows what modders might try to do with it...

Hey, just thought about something. Judging from the looks of it, the camelbak hydration system on the NATO armor isn't a separate backpack, is it? That'd be in keeping with the previous games, but I was just wondering...

Penetration would be lovely, imagine 50cal bullets going throw buildings hahaha

of course it would need realistic ballistics and particle systems first...

Hey, just thought about something. Judging from the looks of it, the camelbak hydration system on the NATO armor isn't a separate backpack, is it? That'd be in keeping with the previous games, but I was just wondering...

Nah, it's part of the NATO load bearing vest model.

Bullets already go through a number of objects. Not sure about buildings though.

If this uniform thing works anywhere near as well as the system in Hitman I'd be happy. I'm sure there will be some cool uses for it in the campaign and mod makers could probably have a field day with it. Also you could make some pretty awesome Tier One style missions with a hitman type of system. e.g Blending in with the locals, trying not to come into contact with enemy patrols lest they work out your not very Greek looking close up and decide to arrest/shoot you on the spot. That brings up more questions, could it be possible to actually conceal weapons? Or will there be an in depth POW system: Get arrested and steal and enemy uniform to help you escape...? And have the ability to capture enemy troops and put them in your own POW camp? :omg:

Is any information about the A3 penetration system? Will be the bullet go through the human body?

Coming from the new DevBlog:

stereo sounds for weapons and vehicles estimated to use around 50 samples for their engine and exhaust, and 20 samples for the wheels on differing terrain.
A new system of hearing weapon reports at different ranges, with distance attenuation and filtering, in also underway
The sources for much of the audio are also more authentic with, for example, 'ambient sounds' - such as the sea, insects, winds, footsteps, etc - feeling more authentic, being recorded directly on Limnos

Add to that:

That compares with a total of around 15 samples per vehicle in Arma 2.
There were microphones capturing various wavelengths, echoes and sounds coming from different parts of the rifle.

And most important:

and owner of the company's biggest beer belly

What?!

Nice to see the guys actually felling the raw power of the rifle.

Some of them do already, maybe take the AS50 out for a spin. ;)

It can penetrate the armour on arty guns to kill the gunner and will pass through the concrete wall that surround camp perimeters and kill for definite, can't remember if I have tried killing through anything else though.

The sources for much of the audio are also more authentic with, for example, 'ambient sounds' - such as the sea, insects, winds, footsteps, etc - feeling more authentic, being recorded directly on Limnos

Wow..it seems some guys are having winter-vacations :D

Yes .50 can go through certain materials. Dependent on range, angle, type of material and thickness etc, etc.

Edited by Rye

Wow..it seems some guys are having winter-vacations :D

Hehe, you missread that. They already recorded the sounds during their trip last year.

I was a little bored (Friday), so I decided to find out real location from L159 picture. And surprisingly it seems that it is not Limnos. I don't know if it was mentioned before. You have to search south from the Limnos ;). Interesting :).

agiosefstratiossmall.jpg

added: Everybody who find real location should not to tell anything, keep secret at least for a while ;).

Edited by BoboCZ

Hm.. That is indeed interesting. I can't say I can find a more matching area then this one, neither on Limnos nor anywhere else on this island. Guess this will be ArmA 3's equivalent to Utes.

Nice find :)

Nice find indeed.

Could it be in the same map as Limnos? Like, not sperarated between different maps?

I remember a Dev saying there would only be one map so this could be the case.

If I remember correctly Ivan Buchta said in one czech video (spring pre-E3 one from last year), that RV4 engine had some new streaming technology, so that if they had some other island that you could sail or fly to the other island. So now it seems that they have other island so we can be surprised.

Edited by BoboCZ

Nice find indeed.

Could it be in the same map as Limnos? Like, not sperarated between different maps?

I remember a Dev saying there would only be one map so this could be the case.

I'm with neo on this one, I remember seeing the radar dome seen in the L-159 screen in this screenshot.

Of course there could be multiple radar domes on the island so... there is still hope :)

Two Island linked together would be nice and a huge step ahead.