Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

OK OK, enough with the talks about islands and earth curvature and look at the chemlight screen. Notice the distinct lack of a handgun holseter on the soliders right leg, compared to other screenhosts like this or this

How many levels does your customatization system have BIS :)?

While looking at that screen, I noticed something else as well; that chemlight, look how it lights up the scene, it seems that it does cast shadows, not sure if that's a shadow on the grass or AO pass, but soldiers are only lit from the front and they do get shadowed. I can't see any distinct shadows on the ground so I'm not sure... It does look better than OA that's for sure, it seems there is some light blocking at least. I'm carefully looking at those "boxes" in the background trying to figure out whether they block the light or not...

Rye, shure, why not :) if you know Glock can shoot in water :), I think BIS find more underwater weapons ;)

Huntin' ze fishies in their own natural habitat? This is gonna be good :D

Maybe we can even do a fishing vid like this one:

Q_BLggf-mqs

and the seagull make a come back (it's remenber me Operation Flashpoint)

indeed! and it looks absolutely great!

Greek Seagull

Real life - Arma 3

hehe I could make this list endless :D

I think all future Arma3 screens and videos need to be tagged as "in-game" footage, lest ITV mistake it for real life material again. :D

Nice screensshots.

and these screenies are a year old? Damn they are nice...

I think all future Arma3 screens and videos need to be tagged as "in-game" footage, lest ITV mistake it for real life material again. :D

Nice screensshots.

They should be alittle more careful now that BIS sued them and all. ;)

indeed! and it looks absolutely great!

Greek Seagull

Real life - Arma 3

hehe I could make this list endless :D

This comparison is fantastic, the other games'developpers probably cry when ArmA 3 out

Give taser and gunstroke for this game :)!

Posting your wishes in the confirmed features thread doesn't make them any more likely to come true. ;)

This comparison is fantastic, the other games'developpers probably cry when ArmA 3 out

Not really, while they're making stupid games and they are selling millions more than ArmA without putting any effort on it.

Call of Duty :rolleyes:

I dont know really but the smoke "things" coming from the tip of the wings, is that something new or does it exist in Arma 2 also?

http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Arma3_screenshot_1202_10.jpg?e83a2c

Also these pictures, this one features merkava tanks with MGs on top.

http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20120223/arma3_screenshot_1202_26_21150.nphd.jpg

However here we got another one without a MG does this mean we might be able to "customize" the tanks, or is it just a "tusk" version??? So do you think this mean somehting or am I just hunting shadows? :p

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Arma-3-13.jpg

Edited by paecmaker

However here we got another one without a MG does this mean we might be able to "customize" the tanks, or is it just a "tusk" version??? So do you think this mean somehting or am I just hunting shadows? :p

You right but you missed one detail, the Merkava with TOP MG have reactive armor plate, BIS make like ArmA 2 with M1A2 and M1A2 TUSK

I dont know really but the smoke "things" coming from the tip of the wings, is that something new or does it exist in Arma 2 also?

The vehicles in ArmA3 are modular, that means that you can add different things to the base model such as extra armour, a turret and other things that we don't know yet. Vehicle modularity is on the list on the first page.

Please refer to the post bellow this one for a more detailed explanation.

Edited by Maio
I'm still #1 butterfly, that counts, suck it!!!1!ONE!! >:)

Those vapor trails exist in fact already in Arma 2 but they were not used by the vanilla content. You can however spot some models using these particels.

Indeed! These are part of the modular turrets. We can equip various parts of a vehicle. E.g. the Patria AMV can be equipped with a NEMO mortar system or a MG turret which can also be found on the M-ATV.

You can also take the merkava base, equip it with a artillery turret and put a MG turret on top of it.

The vehicle customization really goes into details just like the soldier loadouts. :)

Edited by PurePassion
Haste makes waste, so my post took longer :D

Those vapor trails exist in fact already in Arma 2 but they were not used by the vanilla content. You can however spot some models using these particels.

Indeed! These are part of the modular turrets. We can equip various parts of a vehicle. E.g. the Patria AMV can be equipped with a NEMO mortar system or a MG turret which can also be found on the M-ATV.

You can also take the merkava base, equip it with a artillery turret and put a MG turret on top of it.

The vehicle customization really goes into details just like the soldier loadouts. :)

So basicly its fewer base models but much more customizations on each model.

Lovely :D

Heh, and all this time I didn't even read the front page. How silly of me.

E.g. the Patria AMV can be equipped with a NEMO mortar system or a MG turret...

Sorry for going offtopic here, but oh my Jesus Christ, not those things. I'm already getting all the political corruption flashbacks from the old country.

Also, I wonder if you'll be able to modify the functions of vehicles as well so you'd get command vehicles, troop carriers, the whole pack :yay:

I believe it could work if you had something like an MRAP or 6t truck with modular capabilities. For a real world example the base MRAP cab and chassis can be fitted with a number of modular expansions including but not limited to a cannon, machine gun, armored troop carrier "box", and they are even researching how to fit it with a mobile SAM similar to the Avenger.

I see all buildings are now going to be enterable and destructable. Will it also be possible to make CQC fighting and include flashbangs and breaching doors? I see that a 3D editor will also be included, I assume that it'll be easier to place AIs inside buildings now and will they fight better indoors as well?

I see all buildings are now going to be enterable and destructable. Will it also be possible to make CQC fighting and include flashbangs and breaching doors? I see that a 3D editor will also be included, I assume that it'll be easier to place AIs inside buildings now and will they fight better indoors as well?

It needs a better pathfinding for AI in CQC.

It needs a better pathfinding for AI in CQC.

VBS2 used Xaitment, but BIS pretty much nuked the rumours of it being included in Arma 3.