Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Can anyone tell me if the row of screen shots (http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/web_armory_artwork.jpg) used in the Armory section on the A3 website are new or not? I don't feel like I've seen some of them before until now, and more specifically in the second row the 2nd picture (on the right) shows some kind of rifle that doesn't look like anything else that's been revealed yet. Any ideas on what it might be? Sorry if its been discussed already, searched the thread and couldn't find anything.

I think all but 3 of them are new.

Can anyone tell me if the row of screen shots (http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/web_armory_artwork.jpg) used in the Armory section on the A3 website are new or not? I don't feel like I've seen some of them before until now, and more specifically in the second row the 2nd picture (on the right) shows some kind of rifle that doesn't look like anything else that's been revealed yet. Any ideas on what it might be? Sorry if its been discussed already, searched the thread and couldn't find anything.

That "rifle" is the KAC LMG also knows as the M-200 ingame :)

Edited by Maio

it's M200 not M100

For the AW101 (Agusta Westland) or EH101(European Helicopter) Merlin the US name is HH-71.

it's M200 not M100

For the AW101 (Agusta Westland) or EH101(European Helicopter) Merlin the US name is HH-71.

Yes.... but that's a CSAR bird, we are taling about a CH here. Just like The Chinook has multiple variants, so can the Merlin.

HH-71 means all variants of US Merlin, HH = Heavy Helicopter

the first one is the Lockheed Martin VH-71 Kestrel, he is a variant of the AgustaWestland AW101 (formerly EH101), that was being developed to replace the United States Marine Corps' Marine One US Presidential transport fleet.

CH-49 will be a surprise, like MI 48 Kaiman

The first post has been updated/edited with the new/edited info :)

Now, I hope the Russian PMC's are still in the mix, even though they vanished off the faction roster. I've grown fond of these mysterious men, for reassons I can not explain :confused:

Now we just need an update on the armoury :)

Now, I hope the Russian PMC's are still in the mix, even though they vanished off the faction roster. I've grown fond of these mysterious men, for reassons I can not explain :confused:

Vanishing factions -> Story changes mid-development

not good...

Kerry - infantry

Miller - commando

Hutchinson - tank gunner

Larkin(family?) - helicopter pilot

reminds me of Armstrong, Gastowsky, Hammer, Nichols

Hopefully they also update both their BIS page on ArmA3 and the ArmAverse Timeline, both of which still have the old story.

not good...

Wasn't it fairly early development when they posted those factions?

i really don't know where you came to the conclussion that there would be a russian PMC groups. They were mentioned maybe just for the background story...?

not good...

I wouldn't worry. This series has never had a terribly involved storyline. There's not much to mess up. Your campaign missions will have satisfying context and awkwardly-acted dialog either way.

The most important background is the gameworld itself.

Just my .002 worth:

why does the opfor have the L-159? Grant it - it's Czech made and I appreciate supporting something 'home grown', but it's counterpart is the F-35? Are you kidding me? Why not give the Opfor an old Russian Bi-plane!

These planes are not even comparable! From page 1, you listed 6 aircraft for Blufor, and only 3 for Opfor?

I like the storyline, but I think it will have major balance issues. I think maybe it would be a good idea to re-visit choices made for BOTH factions vehicles. Are we to believe that both sides will use the Merkeva? Because i'm sure the LAST tank coalition would use in a future war would be an Israeli or Russian made tank. Why not the Abrams, Challenger, Leopard, or Leclerc tank? Makes more sense to go with a western tank than an eastern one.

It is also more sensible to change the 'Coalition' to maybe an Israeli or middle eastern conflict.

Just my .002 worth:

why does the opfor have the L-159? Grant it - it's Czech made and I appreciate supporting something 'home grown', but it's counterpart is the F-35? Are you kidding me? Why not give the Opfor an old Russian Bi-plane!

These planes are not even comparable! From page 1, you listed 6 aircraft for Blufor, and only 3 for Opfor?

I like the storyline, but I think it will have major balance issues. I think maybe it would be a good idea to re-visit choices made for BOTH factions vehicles. Are we to believe that both sides will use the Merkeva? Because i'm sure the LAST tank coalition would use in a future war would be an Israeli or Russian made tank. Why not the Abrams, Challenger, Leopard, or Leclerc tank? Makes more sense to go with a western tank than an eastern one.

It is also more sensible to change the 'Coalition' to maybe an Israeli or middle eastern conflict.

So they should just change the whole story completely, right? And change the island too, since it's not Middle Eastern? We aren't in Takistan anymore...

Just my .002 worth:

The list is not final. Just a couple of weeks ago, we had no clue the AH-6 and the MH-6 would be ingame and suddenly... screenshots of them popped up.

Just wait and see :)

So they should just change the whole story completely, right? And change the island too, since it's not Middle Eastern? We aren't in Takistan anymore...

I wouldn't say that. But maybe make sure Blufor gets a western tank, and get rid of that garbage L-159 which is basically a Cessna on steroids with a few missiles, and maybe replace it with a more suitable 'Jet fighter' like the Pak Fa T-50. considering they will enter production in 2015/2016, it totally makes sense that this next generation multi-role fighter could fit the storyline to a tea. Russia LOVES exporting it's aircraft to India,China, and a few other big player countries.

another perk would be if the Iranian forces got a small transport helo considering Blufor has the MH-6 and the AH-6.

To the developers:

This is not a flame or dig, as I respect your quality work and enjoy your quality games, but please re think this platform entirely before release.

Sound to me like Arma is heading in the direction of CoD - with the exotic island and expeditionary force sent to stop the current regime from total takeover.

I think the story line could work, but some players need things to make sense, and the units and factions the way they are set up absolutely doesn't.

I'm not asking for a Battlefield scenario where every unit has it's counterpart, but it seems a little one-sided right now. And i'm pretty sure 15-25 years in the future from now the 'Merkeva' and 'L-159' are not going to be the best that these factions have to offer.

I like the storyline, but I think it will have major balance issues.

Balancing in Arma is not about giving every faction an equal number of comparable equipment. Balancing is done by the mission maker. If one side has more efficient aircraft, for instance, then you just give the other side more aircraft or some AA units to make the mission nice and balanced.

magnus keep in mind that the L-159 is just the second fighter jet we've seen so far and there is no indication whatsoever that those 2 are all there is;)

btw, it was also hinted by Celery that the merkava might or might not be the NATO's MBT ;)

There is much to be still announced and revealed!

Can someone tell me if Arma 3 will implement realistic laser guidance for missiles, like in ACE 2 mod ?

This is not a request thread, magnus.

Not requesting anything Max, this is info and discussion for Arma 3 right?

I was discussing the confirmed vehicles and what my opinion on them is:

Check out the wish list for Arma 3: I have posted there what I wished for.

anyone read the through armory section?

seems you can toss hand held UAV's.

"Unmanned Aerial Vehicles can provide valuable intel or provide additional fire support. Some are so small they can be deployed on a squad level."

also this

"Some of the weapon platforms can be remotely controlled or may operate independently. Save your troops for real action by creating automated defences around bases and perimeters."

Slatts, I was hoping for an April Fools' joke, but that is really written in the page. Let's see what BIS will show us...

anyone read the through armory section?

seems you can toss hand held UAV's.

"Unmanned Aerial Vehicles can provide valuable intel or provide additional fire support. Some are so small they can be deployed on a squad level."

also this

"Some of the weapon platforms can be remotely controlled or may operate independently. Save your troops for real action by creating automated defences around bases and perimeters."

That info has been there ever since the website went online last summer man :D But yeah... my bet is that we will get the quad rotor micro UAV