Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I see none of that missing :)

I'm sorry, it must be that horrible font he is using.

All the stationary armament can be dismantled and transported by troops or vehicles.

How deep does that go I wonder, am I able to order members of my squad to dismantle/load/move/unload/assemble?

Would this spill into HC?

How deep does that go I wonder, am I able to order members of my squad to dismantle/load/move/unload/assemble?

Would this spill into HC?

I'm guessing it's like it is already available in OA

Dismantle Static guns\mortars, one person carries the tripod and the other carries the actual weapon

I'm sorry, it must be that horrible font he is using.

I like the font and it shall stay the way it is right now. For a week or two until I sucumb to community pressure. You guys should totaly start a new thread with a poll asking the forum if I should change the font :cool:.

Added the AIM-132 ASRAAM to the list

Edited by Maio
Vegetable omlet with green salad

I guess the new modules might be added by using a crane or something? Hopefully it will also mean TOH style interaction with lots of different bits of the aircraft, but applied to most vehicles too.

one showed two L-39ZA's

Are you sure these are L-39 Albatrosses, not L-159 Alcas?

I am no plane spotter, but L-39s have a very pointy nose

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Bret_Cox_L-39_-_Reno_Race_-58_.jpg)

while these have a rather blunt nose, like L-159 Alca

(http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Ciaf2006/Highlights/L159From930.jpg)

the current generation updated with modern electronics and avionics from US partner.

That hex pattern digital camo on the planes is OPFOR, right?

In that case, I gather Czech L-159s finally found a big buyer, although who would have guessed it would be Iran! ;) (considering US as electronics partner in the L-159 production has blocked few export deals to countries like Venezuela).

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Bret_Cox_L-39_-_Reno_Race_-58_.jpg)

(http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Ciaf2006/Highlights/L159From930.jpg)

the current generation updated with modern electronics and avionics from US partner.

In that case, I gather Czech L-159s finally found a big buyer, although who would have guessed it would be Iran! ;) (considering US as electronics partner in the L-159 production has blocked few export deals to countries like Venezuela).

I think those are L-39's. In terms of "realism", there is a higher chance Russia would sell them to Iran than the Czech Republic. Remember that there is also a rusian PMC firm providing security for the main Iranian military site on the island.

Welcome to the forums :)

I am no expert in this field aswell, that's just how they are called in Arma 2 ^^

However, it is likely you might be completely right :)

It sounds very logical if the team used an updated version of it in A3 and the nose does indeed look different from the Arma 2 one!

200px-Arma2_oa_l39.jpg

nice find ;) (and yes, that camo is used by the OPFOR)

Yes, it's L-159 on the screenshot from A3 :)

Edited by DarkDruid

PurePassion, nobody want them, so we spare them for WW3. Already repainted to OPFOR camo and stored in nitrogen, see http://zpravy.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=domaci&c=A120203_160208_domaci_jw&foto=TOP40f1a6__MG_7250.jpg Will be dispatched after battle of Brno.

I believe BIS have some settlement with Czech Army and make advertising for them, it can't be chance, photos are from Sunday article ;).

I like the font and it shall stay the way it is right now. For a week or two until I sucumb to community pressure. You guys should totaly start a new thread with a poll asking the forum if I should change the font :cool:.

I will never understand how people can get mad at something as trivial and meaningless as a font. Some of them even go as far as thinking they are superior just because they passionately hate a font.

Don't they have bigger problems than that? Are they hating it just because everyone else does it and it's cool? Are they trying to earn some kind of geekcred?

I'm sorry for offtopic, I just don't get it.

I will never understand how people can get mad at something as trivial and meaningless as a font. Some of them even go as far as thinking they are superior just because they passionately hate a font.

Don't they have bigger problems than that? Are they hating it just because everyone else does it and it's cool? Are they trying to earn some kind of geekcred?

I'm sorry for offtopic, I just don't get it.

I know, right? Damn font snobs.

If that pissed you off, take a break and drink some beer.

ONTOPIC: Will the L-159s have approximately as many loadout options as the BLUFOR planes? Anybody?

Glad to see the dev team keeping with the high resolution unit texturing, love the no slip..honestly I don't see anything here that doesn't have potential to exist today...one thing bugs me though, why are the majority of images under the brown filter?

There have been plenty of screenshots with a green/blue filter as well (If you look at all the other pictures that came out a while ago) some brown is good IMHO.

Despite the awesome announcement, I found some features in the DLC that might be relevant for Arma 3:

• Retractable Landing Gear - Functional wheels, wheel brakes and manual retracting.
  • Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.

The first could mean there is now a proper simulation of taxiing helicopters and the ladder suggest the FCS's are getting overhauled.

Edited by PurePassion
http://p.twimg.com/AlONuGgCAAEyEfK.jpg:large

Despite the awesome announcement, I found some features in the DLC that might be relevant for Arma 3:

• Retractable Landing Gear - Functional wheels, wheel brakes and manual retracting.
  • Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.

The first could mean there is now a proper simulation of taxiing helicopters and the ladder suggest the FCS's are getting overhauled.

Interesting :) Both improvements sound nice and should enhance the experience of heli pilots if they make it into ArmA 3.

Before someone asks where Pure got that from : CLICK ME and scroll down to features.

Dan;2104048']Pure you could taxi the Merlin in TOH when it first came out by the way.

oh really? to me it always felt more like finding the sweet spot between throttle and tilt and nervously dancing around it ^^

List updated.

Notice the AH-6 now has a sesnsors ball :D Though I can't tell if it's nose or belly mounted.